• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would need to see the difference in goals scored by the team when Auba plays CF compared to how many we score with Laca.
I didn't feel in recent months that we've struggled for goals with Laca playing
Yes lucky for us laca stepped up his game since Christmas

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would need to see the difference in goals scored by the team when Auba plays CF compared to how many we score with Laca.
I didn't feel in recent months that we've struggled for goals with Laca playing
There aren't many strikers (barely any) signed in recent times for that money (or more) who has scored 20+ goals in a season. No idea where this entitlement has come from.

His missed chances were poor, but looking up and down the league every striker missed chances today. Think he's done well all things considered.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
A shot on target, the winning goal to the derby, the goal to have us staying up. What else do you need.
This is like when fans ignored the red flags of the Emery days because we were winning games. In the end, we got exactly what we deserved. Nice penalty from Laca but he was abysmal.

mirrorstare

It's more like our top scorer proving once again his worth for the team when it matters most.

Funny how the fanbase hates both the top scorer and assister this season. We're pretty unique in that I feel

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He wasn't great, but won a penalty and scored it. Has always been phenomenal against Sp**s. If we can get better, I wouldn't mind selling him but if the idea is to sell him and have Balogun or Nketiah playing instead, you're having a ****ing laugh

Zaza

He wasn't great, but won a penalty and scored it. Has always been phenomenal against Sp**s. If we can get better, I wouldn't mind selling him but if the idea is to sell him and have Balogun or Nketiah playing instead, you're having a ****ing laugh
No the idea is to sell him and Nketiah and have Balogun and Auba/new CF as our striking options.

OSBK

Established Member
I dont get the terrible performance? He worked hard, held the ball well against 2 very fast physical cb. He missed some chances but scored when it mattered. For a guy who got shelved for auba he came in and performed well.

Im not opposed to selling as its probably time to cash in but those who think eddie and balo are the answer as backup are playing to many video games. Neither of those 2 players challenge auba as a starting striker, they are both miles behind in quality. If auba got injured for a season we would be screwed if eddie was our backup. Move laca on and buy someone who can push auba and who has quality.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To be honest the striker position is more and more concerning, especially when you consider what it cost for a top top quality striker.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Özil branded bandage??? Should be fined 4 weeks wages and dropped for the rest of the season.

I hope Major Arteta clamps down heavily on this latest insurgence!

0_Screen-Shot-2021-03-14-at-123835.png

TinFish

He needs to go ideally. We need to phase these type of players out and blood in our youngsters or higher quality signings. No offence to the guy he has been ok during his time here, but not what we need going forward right now.

If we give him a contract extension to remain best buddies with Auba I would be livid.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I'd give him a 1 year extension, sell Eddie and bring Balogun in to replace him. The focus this summer should be on midfield. We also need a backup LB and a RB after we sell Bellerin (I'm speaking it into being)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom