• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's hilarious how people never learn with this guy, every season he has this wee run of games where he scores a few and looks somewhat decent but he'll always revert to type. Also his supposed hold play is such a myth, he's absolutely dreadful at it. There are some games like yesterday where it's playing with a man down having him on the pitch.

His usual ultras will be back here telling us he is the greatest player ever when he scores again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shame the price we paid for him, put too much pressure on him...still think he is decent and with the right team, would have been a great squad player to have...like Eduardo in 2007/2008.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why is he even playing? Quite obvious that he’s off in the summer. Aubameyang and Martinelli are here and likely will be next season. Use the future now, Teta ffs.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Why is he even playing? Quite obvious that he’s off in the summer. Aubameyang and Martinelli are here and likely will be next season. Use the future now, Teta ffs.
Does nothing, no shots in games hardly. Cannot dribble. His fans go on about his work rate. Where was it yesterday? Nothing players that should of gone two seasons ago

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Does nothing, no shots in games hardly. Cannot dribble. His fans go on about his work rate. Where was it yesterday? Nothing players that should of gone two seasons ago
Did any of the players show any work rate? Did any of them put in any effort at all?

Pop Tart

Established Member
Did any of the players show any work rate? Did any of them put in any effort at all?
This is a laca thread if I am not mistaken. Stop deflecting his faults on the whole team. I said the team showed no effort numerous times yesterday. Do your research next time

mirrorstare

He was the only one on the pitch bleeding and screaming, honoring the legacy of Rocastle and Claude respectively.

He had a **** game, and as usual when he's not on we're unable to play football at all. But no effort? right.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This is a laca thread if I am not mistaken. Stop deflecting his faults on the whole team. I said the team showed no effort numerous times yesterday. Do your research next time
Im not deflecting. Some on here are acting like was the only one doing nothing. If anything him and Ødegaard tried to press and nobody went with them. I saw you basically making excuses for Auba even though he offered even less than Laca has on recent weeks but yeah its 'the team'

Iceman10

Established Member
Who was pushing out the campaign for Laca’s contract renewal last week that although multiple clubs were interested in him he is integral to dressing room spirit? Someone is pushing that out with supposed inside knowledge of dressing room mechanics. My concern is it could well have been Arteta/Edu, softening up fans and/or the board. It is no joke to be tying in the club to something around 11-12m per year in wages, likely with added incentives. Doesn’t matter what our available resources are. If we have limited resources we shouldn’t be doing it, and if we are super-rich we should be upgrading

Don’t think we should stand for it really, and the inconsistency of performances of this squad does not cry out great dressing room spirit led by senior players that has to be preserved, instead freshened up.

Sell Laca. Force the manager’s hand on Martinelli, ideally Balogun also. No problems selling to buy someone like Edouard either. Young, hungry, lower wages.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's going to go to a CL team when he leaves here. He was arguably our best player two seasons ago when we almost finished in top four. It's not his fault we're being managed by Arteta. He was very good under Arteta and Emery.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Im not deflecting. Some on here are acting like was the only one doing nothing. If anything him and Ödegaard tried to press and nobody went with them. I saw you basically making excuses for Auba even though he offered even less than Laca has on recent weeks but yeah its 'the team'
What ? I said auba was **** and if he continues to not score and even give a **** then he should **** off.

Bit like you

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Been better than Auba this season but AM won't acknowledge that.

Iceman10

Established Member
Like saying jason puncheon is better then Ricky van wolfswinkel. Both ****

Yeah, it isn’t a productive comment. We have to sell one of Auba and Laca, and contract timing, etc. with Laca means we need to cash in as much as we can and freshen up. Can’t justify the outlay for them both based on combined performance of #1 and #2 CF’s, no matter which is which, and both beyond peak asset values.

We need solutions, not just saying the squad is cra*, and then defending players where common sense points towards obvious sales.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
What ? I said auba was **** and if he continues to not score and even give a **** then he should **** off.

Bit like you
You were making excuses before saying Auba has credit in the bank and even afterwards when you said you wouldn't mind him going there was still a 'but'. Also, during this whole convo I have not disrespected you in any way and here you are telling me to fvck off. Ok keyboard warrior. You win.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah, it isn’t a productive comment. We have to sell one of Auba and Laca, and contract timing, etc. with Laca means we need to cash in as much as we can and freshen up. Can’t justify the outlay for them both based on combined performance of #1 and #2 CF’s, no matter which is which, and both beyond peak asset values.

We need solutions, not just saying the squad is cra*, and then defending players where common sense points towards obvious sales.
Solution:

Auba->Depay
Laca->Edouard
Nketiah->Gouiri

Iceman10

Established Member
Solution:

Auba->Depay
Laca->Edouard
Nketiah->Gouiri

I’m just for Edouard or similar in, with one of Auba/Laca sold and Nketiah sold also. Balogun hasn’t signed a pre-contract elsewhere even though he could have, meaning it is on Arsenal and Arteta to convince him of an opportunity, which he should see if we tell him we aren’t renewing Laca, for example. Martinelli would be CF option also.

Likely 2021/22 CF depth as a result if that all works out:
- Auba, Edouard, Martinelli, Balogun

Balogun could be sold into such a plan knowing that Auba will be winding down his career, last two years of Auba’s contract. If we replace Auba with Depay the equation becomes less attractive for him, and selling Auba (and his wages) won’t be easy anyway.

Save the transfer work for Depay, for other upgrades elsewhere on the pitch, even though that would be for signings like Bissouma, Hakimi, Ødegaard.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I’m just for Edouard or similar in, with one of Auba/Laca sold and Nketiah sold also. Balogun hasn’t signed a pre-contract elsewhere even though he could have, meaning it is on Arsenal and Arteta to convince him of an opportunity, which he should see if we tell him we aren’t renewing Laca, for example. Martinelli would be CF option also.

Likely 2021/22 CF depth as a result if that all works out:
- Auba, Edouard, Martinelli, Balogun

Balogun could be sold into such a plan knowing that Auba will be winding down his career, last two years of Auba’s contract. If we replace Auba with Depay the equation becomes less attractive for him, and selling Auba (and his wages) won’t be easy anyway.

Save the transfer work for Depay, for other upgrades elsewhere on the pitch, even though that would be for signings like Bissouma, Hakimi, Ödegaard.
I could go with that.

Agree that Depay’s wage could be used elsewhere.

Edouard will be a great auba/laca replacement.

Gouiri is phenomenal. We can play him as a inside forward with Pepe/Saka on the opposite side (or a false 9 if Edouard is not playing).

Aouar as the attacking midfielder.

And also with Buendia in the midfield alongside Partey.

Then our upgrade for attackers/midfielders are completed.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
I could go with that.

Agree that Depay’s wage could be used elsewhere.

Edouard will be a great auba/laca replacement.

Gouiri is phenomenal. We can play him as a inside forward with Pepe on the opposite side (or a false 9 if Edouard is not playing).

Aouar as the attacking midfielder.

And also with Buendia in the midfield alongside Partey.

Then our upgrade for attackers/midfielders are completed.

Cool, yeah, for overall dressing room spirit and drive I think we need to look a bit more to a sense of identity and belonging with the club / “project” as we have had with ESR & Saka. That’s why I think we should try to commit to Balogun and Martinelli, a bit like how United settled down a bit despite LVG and Mourinho chasing big name signings. We can’t go all youth, but right now I still feel our cohort of “older” players is in need of more thinning out. Tks for links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom