• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Cool, yeah, for overall dressing room spirit and drive I think we need to look a bit more to a sense of identity and belonging with the club / “project” as we have had with ESR & Saka. That’s why I think we should try to commit to Balogun and Martinelli, a bit like how United settled down a bit despite LVG and Mourinho chasing big name signings. We can’t go all youth, but right now I still feel our cohort of “older” players is in need of more thinning out. Tks for links.
I do agree with you. And I have added Saka to my original post.

As for ESR, Balogun, Martinelli, together with other young players such as Smith, Cottrell, John Jules, Cirjan, Azeez......they all have great potential.

But are they good enough walking into a big 6 starting eleven yet? I doubt it, they may become great players, but not yet at the moment.

Instead of letting them sitting on the bench, playing in the rare cup matches. We should loan them out, to gain experience, and also increase their value.

Iceman10

Established Member
I do agree with you. And I have added Saka to my original post.

As for ESR, Balogun, Martinelli, together with other young players such as Smith, Cottrell, John Jules, Cirjan, Azeez......they all have great potential.

But are they good enough walking into a big 6 starting eleven yet? I doubt it, they may become great players, but not yet at the moment.

Instead of letting them sitting on the bench, playing in the rare cup matches. We should loan them out, to gain experience, and also increase their value.

If we sort out CM and full back positions this summer I believe we have a core that should be good enough for Top 6, even with youth project players worked in via. the bench and smart rotation in cup competitions and easier home PL matches at a minimum.

I think philosophically as a club we keep trying to take shortcuts to get back into Top 4 asap with players like Luiz and Willian, and instead the shortcuts take us further away from Top 4. My mindset is if we need to go through a season next season of re-establishing a firm foothold in Top 6 that is what we should do, hoping of course of possibility to overachieve and sneak into Top 4. If we had a similar mindset this season we would have already acclimatised Saliba instead of still having that to do.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Cool, yeah, for overall dressing room spirit and drive I think we need to look a bit more to a sense of identity and belonging with the club / “project” as we have had with ESR & Saka. That’s why I think we should try to commit to Balogun and Martinelli, a bit like how United settled down a bit despite LVG and Mourinho chasing big name signings. We can’t go all youth, but right now I still feel our cohort of “older” players is in need of more thinning out. Tks for links.
Don’t get me wrong, the club’s identity and our youth project is important.

If we have a talent who is as great as Fabregas, Gnabry, Saka, and later Hutchinson, I will have no issue to fast track them into the starting lineup.

What dangerous is that we lowered the standard for the first eleven for the sake of youth when your youth is not good enough.

So I’m not against playing the youth. It’s just that if you are not clearly a top talent, maybe you should gain more experience from loan to justify playing in our first eleven.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Don’t get me wrong, the club’s identity and our youth project is important.

If we have a talent that is as great as Fabregas, Gnabry, Saka, and later Hutchinson, I will have no issue to fast track them into the starting lineup.

What dangerous is that we lowered the standard for the first eleven for the sake of youth when your youth is not good enough.

So I’m not against playing the youth. It’s just that if you are not clearly a top talent, maybe you should gain more experience from loan to justify playing in our first eleven.

The question is which youth exactly would be in the First XI?

Saka and ESR.
Ødegaard also if we buy him

Saliba maybe, but still would have to fight for his place with Holding, Mavro, or whoever.

Martinelli would still be in stiff competition for LW or to push Auba for CF starts.

... the rest will still start the season out of the First XI, but with genuine chances to break through beyond cup appearances, etc. if they impress. That’s how it should be. A spirit of young hungry youth providing depth and keeping the overall setup energetic and on its toes.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The question is which youth exactly would be in the First XI?

Saka and ESR.
Ödegaard also if we buy him

Saliba maybe, but still would have to fight for his place with Holding, Mavro, or whoever.

Martinelli would still be in stiff competition for LW or to push Auba for CF starts.

... the rest will still start the season out of the First XI, but with genuine chances to break through beyond cup appearances, etc. if they impress. That’s how it should be. A spirit of young hungry youth providing depth and keeping the overall setup energetic and on its toes.
In order to push the standard of the starting eleven. I would make the below signings, and to have Saka and Saliba in the lineup (added defender selection at the bottom of the below quote).

For ESR, Balogun, Martinelli, together with other young players such as Smith, Cottrell, John Jules, Cirjan, Azeez....can either play in cup matches or go on a good loan to get experience.
Edouard will be a great auba/laca replacement.

Gouiri is phenomenal. We can play him as a inside forward with Pepe/Saka on the opposite side (or a false 9 if Edouard is not playing).

Aouar as the attacking midfielder.

And also with Buendia in the midfield alongside Partey.

Then our upgrade for attackers/midfielders are completed.

And then we just need to get Hakimi, and play him with Gabriel, Saliba, Tierney.

Last edited:

mirrorstare

Still at the heart of anything good we do, shame it was he and Saka against the world, and the manager refused to contribute until it was way too late.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That was an elite miss, not very many could do that in todays game, has to get a little credit for that at least...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang or Martinelli.

No more Lacazette, don’t care if he loses value, don’t care if he gets upset, don’t care if he puts on weight.

Don’t want this lad up front for us.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Laca is one of those strikers where the longer he has in front of a keeper the less confident you are he'll score. 1-1's definitely his weakest area, I only remember him missing from situations like this.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Tir Na Nog

tenor.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Laca is one of those strikers where the longer he has in front of a keeper the less confident you are he'll score. 1-1's definitely his weakest area, I only remember him missing from situations like this.

This is incredible any kind of strikers would be proud scoring these type of goals stealing the ball from defender go one v one with keeper. That's why Kane is different than any of strikers he'll put it top corner not chip it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom