• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A lot of them were penalties I I think? Remember checking when he signed for us. Could be wrong?
He was main penalty taker still you'll need to beat the keeper I'm more confident with him in penalty than scoring 1 v 1

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's not someone who fills you with confidence that he'll get a goal. Wasn't surprised by the miss. He's a hard worker but has never been good enough for us. For the task he's given, we might as well play Balogun.

Laca probably is decent in 1v1 but we rarely see it because he rarely gets chances like that because he is very slow and his movement is not all that impressive.

But tonight trying this difficult finish when he was out of breath a long time ago, just disaster class waiting to happen. I think he has stamina issues.

vantoure

Unforgivable and 1V1 miss. He went for the most difficult finish possible. Just slide it either side of the keeper, or even try and go round him.

He went for top bins :lol:.
TBF, if that ball had gone it, would have been a beauty.

What was really funny though was how slow he was in approaching the goal, was like he was running uphill :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
TBF, if that ball had gone it, would have been a beauty.

What was really funny though was how slow he was in approaching the goal, was like he was running uphill :lol:

:lol: After the touch out his feet by the halfway line he looked up against it. Compare that to Martinelli's goal against Chelski away. Night and day.

Free Gabigol.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sadly scuffing 1v1's is repeat behaviour for Lacazette. A striker who just can't score in that scenario is almost pointless sadly.

Luckily he has a bit more to his game than goals, but yeah it's not good enough I'm afraid buddy, hurts me to say it.

TinFish

Call me stupid... but I really think this "hard worker/warrior" aspect of his game is purposely introduced by himself to divert the fans and media attention in regards to how shoddy of a striker he is.

He always seems to enter the challenge, header or whatever physical workout on the pitch deliberately. He always comes off worse deliberately. He's a clever sod because people praise his work ethic based on him jumping in the air and falling to ground in supposed pain....

Think about it, you'll see what I mean next time.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Call me stupid... but I really think this "hard worker/warrior" aspect of his game is purposely introduced by himself to divert the fans and media attention in regards to how shoddy of a striker he is.

He always seems to enter the challenge, header or whatever physical workout on the pitch deliberately. He always comes off worse deliberately. He's a clever sod because people praise his work ethic based on him jumping in the air and falling to ground in supposed pain....

Think about it, you'll see what I mean next time.
It’s not that deep tbh, he’s just a striker in decline asked to do stuff that’s beyond his natural capabilities.

Linking up play as a facilitator, pressing from the front, Winning the first or second ball - that’s the way Arteta wants to play and there’s nobody else capable (or willing in Auba’s case) of doing all three.

Chances like yesterday he puts away when he first joined. I think it’s fair to say for a variety of reasons he’s a different player now.

If you want to call him sh*t, just call him sh*t - I don’t see the reason to say he’s going out of his way to deceive anybody, it’s Arteta who plays the guy.

TinFish

It’s not that deep tbh, he’s just a striker in decline asked to do stuff that’s beyond his natural capabilities.

Linking up play as a facilitator, pressing from the front, Winning the first or second ball - that’s the way Arteta wants to play and there’s nobody else capable (or willing in Auba’s case) of doing all three.

Chances like yesterday he puts away when he first joined. I think it’s fair to say for a variety of reasons he’s a different player now.

If you want to call him sh*t, just call him sh*t - I don’t see the reason to say he’s going out of his way to deceive anybody, it’s Arteta who plays the guy.
It's just that morale is so low the guy seems to be trying harder with his physicality. He's stuffed in regards to stamina and he was never a good enough striker to begin with. I just see him this season especially taking a more rough and tumble approach for some reason.

mirrorstare

Yes mate, he's working like a mule not because we're in the worst state we have been in decades, but because he wants to fool you.

It worked for a bit as he became top scorer and put a team playing consistently relegation football firmly in midtable with the slight possibility of dreaming with an ok finish once we finally woke up, but thankfully you with your amazing insight saw right thtough his shenanigans of working hard.

Nothing gets past AM's userbase insight, Laca should have known better really. See you on every other thread when you can moan about players not caring and not giving the required effort btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom