• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has been playing well and is undroppable right now. Maybe I have been harsh on him at times but he just is a frustrating player. Idk maybe the fee and the expectation from that.

He works hard and links up well and he has scored some truly great goals and important ones.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wow I didn't know Lacazette took the knee right in front of them before the game. Legendary stuff.

Must be so ****ing awkward and frustrating for the black guys on that team. I feel bad for black players playing in most Slavic countries.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Yes but he won't taking paycut so we in tough position we either get lucky and sell or we extend with same wages we can't lose more players for free
Yes we can. Have you not learned from Wilian, Özil and Auba?

Let him play out his contract and extend him next Summer 2022. Let him earn his one year extensions like Bergkamp use to do.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Playing really well these days. Very important we replace him well, I think his recent form has added an extra 5M to his price.

His goals/assists per 90 min numbers are actually pretty good.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Playing really well these days. Very important we replace him well, I think his recent form has added an extra 5M to his price.

He’s a baller man. If he was a shade faster and stronger there’s no way he’d have stayed at Arsenal this long, we got lucky in a way.

We should sell because whilst he’s making it work and doing what Arteta needs, I’m sure there’s someone out there who can do his role naturally.

If he left on a free I wouldn’t be mad, but the flack he gets id rather see him at a CL club abroad.

mirrorstare

Expected him to be tired but he delivered once again, just like he did when nothing seemed to be working out for this club. Even got time to produce an iconic picture too.

It's on the most difficult times you know who are the people what matters, and Lacazette was virtually the only player in an Arsenal shirt stepping up during that time. What he's achieving despite playing Artetaball is nothing short of admirable.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This season in EPL he has a point per 120 minutes. Actually this is his average each season. Would be interesting to know how many players usually reach this number in EPL. Auba has usually similar numbers.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer. Balogun signing etc. We need one good striker who can do combination and hold-up play like Laca.

Goonger

Yeah, it's such a dilemma with him. He's playing well, we finally have creativity behind him, think he has something like 13 goals from 21 starts, which is a very decent return by any stretch.

However, he has had some bad misses at crucial moments for us, and his contract is big, & he does lack pace & athleticism at times. Then there's also the temptation that Arteta has to shoehorn him & Auba in the same team at times which hasn't worked this season.

Then, there's the chance to get someone a bit more rounded like Edouard for a very decent fee, however he is unproven in a top league. We don't really know where Arteta sees Martinelli either. And we don't know what level of interest there actually is in Laca.

Not sure there is a right or wrong answer here.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Wow I didn't know Lacazette took the knee right in front of them before the game. Legendary stuff.

Must be so ****ing awkward and frustrating for the black guys on that team. I feel bad for black players playing in most Slavic countries.

Why?

As a black player you would rather play for Slavia than Chelsea, or Millwall or most of the lower leagues considering the history and culture.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s a baller man. If he was a shade faster and stronger there’s no way he’d have stayed at Arsenal this long, we got lucky in a way.

We should sell because whilst he’s making it work and doing what Arteta needs, I’m sure there’s someone out there who can do his role naturally.

If he left on a free I wouldn’t be mad, but the flack he gets id rather see him at a CL club abroad.
You know what's crazy though? When he leaves his replacement is 99% likely to be worse than him. One of those cases of going backwards to go forwards I guess.

If we can get Auba up top working consistently then we won't miss him too much.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've been very vocal in my criticism of Laca but this season I'm not only pleased to see him play, I'm also pleased for him. I've always liked the guy just not the player. For me this is his best season with Arsenal, he's not just scoring he's involved in the build ups and is showing great leadership qualities. I want him to play semis & final if we get there.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
No great striker comes at Arsenal in the current state we're in and there's a shortage of them right now on the market. Even if there were some available, we can't afford them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No great striker comes at Arsenal in the current state we're in and there's a shortage of them right now on the market. Even if there were some available, we can't afford them.
100%, but when people don't listen they must feel lol.

It's not doomsday or anything but anyone thinks we are improving on our current strike force are in for a very rude awakening tbh.

Our best hope is a solution emerging internally by pure luck, like Saka - rather than someone coming in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think you look to extend tbh. As a squad option how do you improve on him? You can’t.

Send Balogun on loan, start next season with Auba/Laca as CF options.

If we win the EL and get CL money, then that opens up other options.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Obviously filling the shoes of Henry, RvP and Giroud was a bridge too far, but he has done well this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom