• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, it's such a dilemma with him. He's playing well, we finally have creativity behind him, think he has something like 13 goals from 21 starts, which is a very decent return by any stretch.

However, he has had some bad misses at crucial moments for us, and his contract is big, & he does lack pace & athleticism at times. Then there's also the temptation that Arteta has to shoehorn him & Auba in the same team at times which hasn't worked this season.

Then, there's the chance to get someone a bit more rounded like Edouard for a very decent fee, however he is unproven in a top league. We don't really know where Arteta sees Martinelli either. And we don't know what level of interest there actually is in Laca.

Not sure there is a right or wrong answer here.
It’s not a hard decision you cash in tbh. Arsenal will be average for a few more years regardless of who’s upfront - it’s not as deep as we think.

Whoever comes into this club looks worse than they are and the results will not drastically change, just take the money.

If Lacazette helps us to Europa league finals he can definitely exit with his head held high and leave the club to its process or whatever.

amigo

I think shorter extensions is the way forward, something like one or 2 year rolling. If he doesn't accept then cash in only if there is a much better, younger replacement sewn up. He is doing a great job and to cash in for 20 million and bring a worse player will not help.

CountChocula

Playing well lately, but we should sell while his value is high. We need the cash to fund big holes in AM and CM, which are more pressing areas to improve than CF where we have Auba, Martinelli and Balogun already. Ideally, we'd get Odeegard and an upgrade on Xhaka, which will take our game up another level and let us compete for Top 4 next season.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He's in a good run of scoring form, however still dont think he will be missed in the grand scheme of things, would definitely sell if a reasonable offer is there.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
No, that’s just not true man. In England and especially London their personal lives are 10x less effected by being a minority. England despite its limitations is progressive compared to the likes of Croatia. Mainly because this country has had more time living with other cultures to realise some things at least.

Even though Chelsea is quite a scummy club in terms of their fans, I think there’s enough of a protective barrier between their players and the racism for them to feel comfortable. Especially living in one of the most multi cultural cities in the world. Meanwhile the black players for Slavia get caught up in this weird scenario where their player is racially abusing a black player, their fans are holding up racist banners in reply, and their club are overall being quite poor in their handling of the situation. So in a team like this in a situation like this the racism is permeating much more. And that’s before we delve into their personal lives living in these countries. I loosely remember the Zenit official fan group writing an open letter to the club explaining they don’t want black people playing for them, imagine what effect that has on the players and their families.

People complain about police in the U.K. but it’s even worse in countries like Czechia and let’s say Croatia (I’m basically white but we ran into issues with police there because we had a few black people in the group).
I don't think a black player whos limit is the level of Slavia Prague cares for this. He gets his money, prague citizen fans will love him and he gets to smash absolute czech beauties.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wow I didn't know Lacazette took the knee right in front of them before the game. Legendary stuff.

Must be so ****ing awkward and frustrating for the black guys on that team. I feel bad for black players playing in most Slavic countries.
I agree but once you're half decent, you put in a transfer request and get the hell out of there-like Willian

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's a scenario where tbh a sale could be a great deal for all parties. Say for examle Roma buy him for 20-25m I reckon he does very well there for a number of years, while we get a decent fee in a depressed market for a player with 1 year left who we're not keen to renew, and we can reinvest elsewhere seeing as we have other CF options.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's a scenario where tbh a sale could be a great deal for all parties. Say for examle Roma buy him for 20-25m I reckon he does very well there for a number of years, while we get a decent fee in a depressed market for a player with 1 year left who we're not keen to renew, and we can reinvest elsewhere seeing as we have other CF options.

Does anyone even have 20M outside of England?

Football finances have been wiped out with no fans and clubs can barely extend their own players let alone pay fees and match or improve wages.

Laca is on 180k and we’re struggling to find any club who can match that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Football finances have been wiped out with no fans and clubs can barely extend their own players let alone pay fees and match or improve wages.

Tricky yeah ngl, but I know for sure Roma have a CF problem. If i'm a Roma-sized club looking for a CF i'd spend 20m on Lacazette, even if it's most or all of my budget. I think he'd play 3 or 4 really good years in Italy or somewhere like that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Considering Laca's contract situation, his high wages and the general football economy I'd bite someone's hand off for £15m. Personally I think it'll be nearer £10m if we do sell him.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Considering Laca's contract situation, his high wages and the general football economy I'd bite someone's hand off for £15m. Personally I think it'll be nearer £10m if we do sell him.

Yeah it might be hard.

If his wage demands were lower you'd think that it could be done.

That said, considering his scoring form 15-20M could be a really good value for the right club. Just praying that one of the bigger Italian clubs will want to take it on.

He might be able to kill it in that league too.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The problem comes when UCL spot is worth something like 35 million no matter the market situation. The squad quality in Arsenal is not so far from it, actually it is quite there imo, especially with some strenghtening.

This is why I even thought the club might run down Laca's contract and then see if he renews or goes elsewhere.

If you buy someone like Edouard, who is not expensive, it is in no way certain he can produce Laca numbers in his first season, or even ever in EPL. Laca even in his last year can help the transition for youth strikers or new acquisitions. Laca has always produced a point per ~120 minutes in EPL, quite similar to Auba.

Every year we are out of UCL, the club is taking a hit compared to our earlier "normal".

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
I am not opposed to selling laca, its likely he will go. But it is a shame its taken this long to play youth with him in a system that works to his strengths. The signs were there at lyon where he was constantly playing with talented youth. I think every game pepe,saka,esr and laca have started as a front 4 we have played well.

But he has done well for the club, won some trophies and scored in the NLD. His goal per minute this season has been very good.

However auba played out of his skin last season to get a fat contract, lets not be mugs anymore.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think shorter extensions is the way forward, something like one or 2 year rolling. If he doesn't accept then cash in only if there is a much better, younger replacement sewn up. He is doing a great job and to cash in for 20 million and bring a worse player will not help.
Why extend now? He has 1 year left on his contract. If we pay him enough, he will sign in 2022 Summer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Man how quickly the tone change on this forum. Before Sheff and Slavia, two terrible teams everyone wanted him out. Now people talking about him as a mini legend. Replacing Henry statue with Laca statue, etc. This forum never stops to surprise me.
No one on here said that, must've been the voices in your head again.

Iceman10

Established Member
Why extend now? He has 1 year left on his contract. If we pay him enough, he will sign in 2022 Summer.

When it gets to Jan 2022 he can sign a pre-contract with another club that will offer a signing bonus for the "free" transfer., meaning that's something we would then have to compete with if we want to kerp him. I'm neutral on extension vs. sell for Laca, ok with whichever way the club goes, so just stating how it is, not advocating either way.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
When it gets to Jan 2022 he can sign a pre-contract with another club that will offer a signing bonus for the "free" transfer., meaning that's something we would then have to compete with if we want to kerp him. I'm neutral on extension vs. sell for Laca, ok with whichever way the club goes, so just stating how it is, not advocating either way.
So? Do we want a mercenary to play for us or someone that is willing to wait. He has already made his fortune since signing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom