• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Just saying why the choices are mainly restricted to cashing in this summer or renewing.
No need to renew. We are 10th. Laca will not be a difference make to a top 4 or title challenging team. Its time for the rise of Martinelli and Balogun. We must transition as change is needed.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I feel the environment is right for him now. His position, the players around him and the responsibility. He was always a good player, I just felt thing;s weren't right and we weren't tapping him for what he's worth. Said it a couple years ago tbh. Better late than never.

Makes sense, hes a good striker.

If he has the chance to win some trophies at a club like Juventus he should take it.
:shivering:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I feel the environment is right for him now. His position, the players around him and the responsibility. He was always a good player, I just felt thing;s weren't right and we weren't tapping him for what he's worth. Said it a couple years ago tbh. Better late than never.

:shivering:
What’s so funny about what I written?

You need to find a better past time then trudging through my old posts, I had thought you’d have left that behind with your sweet n sour troll account.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We sold Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, Mkhi, Wilshere, Welbeck, Mustafi, and Sokratis for a grand total of 1m. If we're adding Laca to that list because "oh let's just keep him for another year, he plays well sometimes" then we're just idiots really.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Gotta step back and see the bigger picture, it's not a sustainable business model to buy players *for money* and then let them leave *for no money*

Also take into account other players that are likely to end up on that aforementioned list. Kolasinac has 1 year left, we want rid of him, he wants to leave, he's on huge wages and probably very few clubs want him anyway. I'd be gobsmacked if we get a fee for him. Torreira, who we spent 25m on, best case scenario we recoup half that, likely we recoup even less. Elneny has 1 year left, as does Guendouzi. If we make any money from these players it's gonna be minimal.

So when you have some players who you can't get a good fee for, and you have other players who you can i.e Lacazette and Bellerin, you make damn sure you get a decent fee, especially when one of your main income streams (ticket sales) has been completely cut off for a whole season.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We sold Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, Mkhi, Wilshere, Welbeck, Mustafi, and Sokratis for a grand total of 1m. If we're adding Laca to that list because "oh let's just keep him for another year, he plays well sometimes" then we're just idiots really.
Equally you can’t force a sale just because of past mistakes.

Not saying Lacazette necessarily is, but sometimes leaving on a free is the best outcome. It happens to “well run clubs” too check some of Liverpool’s or Bayern’s contract sagas with one or two of their players.

Lacazette will get sold anyways I’m confident, people just stressed like it’s their money. You’ll see which striker comes into the club too lol

amigo

The thing is the guy is proving to be one of our very best players. A season ago back he was our player of the season. This season he's beginning to come good. If we sell him and get someone who is worse and he goes on to be successful elsewhere we will be kicking ourselves. We are already seeing how Giroud could have been useful in some scenarios. The object of a football team from a fan's perspective is not to make money but to be successful on the pitch. We get too emotional about misses in games. I'll tell you a secret, "all strikers miss more than they score". Giving the impression that they are suddenly washed out or don't want it any more because of a couple of bad misses is a fallacy. If he becomes our most bankable asset it's because he is quality and can do a job. Let's get the money elsewhere from Nketiah Iwobi Ox types who we can more easily develop from within. Laca's also the most superb penalty taker we have - I never doubt when he has to take one.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What’s so funny about what I written?

You need to find a better past time then trudging through my old posts, I had thought you’d have left that behind with your sweet n sour troll account.
I wasn’t trudging through your old posts—I was trying to see when the thread was started and, low and behold, five posts in, you’re wishing one of our best players away from the club in search of peace and harmony again. I just find it funny, if a little masochistic. I’m sure others do too 🤣

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Man how quickly the tone change on this forum. Before Sheff and Slavia, two terrible teams everyone wanted him out. Now people talking about him as a mini legend. Replacing Henry statue with Laca statue, etc. This forum never stops to surprise me.

He has been bad for the most part of this season. Nice patches here and there but mostly very bad. Sometimes up to tolerated levels. But most of the time down to being absolute horseshit on the field. I still admit he has been good with Saka and ESR, probably his only worth to the team if we consider keeping him next year.

Hopefully, he can finish the season strongly and we can get some value for him in the summer. No matter what you think of Laca, rate him or not, we have to start getting some value for our players instead of keeping them for too long on to big contracts.

I'm tasting a bit of saltiness in your post but I do agree with the sentiment, especially the last paragraph.

Laca is a very good striker, but he's a player you want if you're pushing for CL places and toying with the idea to challenge for titles. We're in no poisition to justify his profile and wages. I'd rather we get 20m and give Martinelli, Baolgun and other young talents a chance to impress.

I'd also sell Nketiah, doesn't have the physique nor the talent to play for a club like Arsenal.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Equally you can’t force a sale just because of past mistakes.

Not saying Lacazette necessarily is, but sometimes leaving on a free is the best outcome. It happens to “well run clubs” too check some of Liverpool’s or Bayern’s contract sagas with one or two of their players.

Lacazette will get sold anyways I’m confident, people just stressed like it’s their money. You’ll see which striker comes into the club too lol

Maybe depends how much you got them for and how much they've contributed. I agree in the sense I don't think you always have to sell a player for the same or more than you bought them for. If you buy a player for 10m, get 8 good years out of them and they leave on a free then it's no problem, you've already got value for money. Elneny for example was so cheap and it was such a long time ago that him leaving on a free isn't a big deal.

But we paid 50m for Lacazette 4 years ago. I wouldn't say we've got such good value from him on the pitch that we can afford to let him go for nothing, you'd want to recoup at least 20m.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Maybe depends how much you got them for and how much they've contributed. I agree in the sense I don't think you always have to sell a player for the same or more than you bought them for. If you buy a player for 10m, get 8 good years out of them and they leave on a free then it's no problem, you've already got value for money. Elneny for example was so cheap and it was such a long time ago that him leaving on a free isn't a big deal.

But we paid 50m for Lacazette 4 years ago. I wouldn't say we've got such good value from him on the pitch that we can afford to let him go for nothing, you'd want to recoup at least 20m.
I'm happy with Laca myself but fair enough can't argue with that.

jato

Relative to some of the players we've bought in the past few years, I think we've actually got decent value from him on the pitch. Player of the season in 2018 and back on form currently.

Spent $24m on Luiz for one just season where he cost us plenty of points with his boneheaded fouls, mistakes and red cards for example. Mustafi for $35m with similar issues, Perez which we just bled money for before selling him for pittance etc. etc.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I always knew that would happen eventually, I only need to get you on the Torreira train and we're good!

I don't rate Lacazette it's just he's the only one to not completely crumble under tricky micky. I'll never rate or respect Torreira though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom