• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah.... this might be it for me.

I can't believe I'm saying this but it sort of makes sense. We're more likely to get money for Nketiah than Laca as due to his inflated ego the clubs he'd want to join won't be in for him anyways, and no one would pay close to what we want. Balogun and Martinelli probably aren't ready to be backup CF's at stage so having Laca still around for another year probably makes sense.

Anything longer than a year would be poor. This gives Balogun a chance to prove himself and potentially come into the starting role in two years. Or we just sign a new striker at that point.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hopefully he has enough self respect to not accept a 1 year deal at 29 for this version of so called Arsenal, that's a disrespect. Especially when they hand out long term contracts to the likes of Rob Holding, Cedric who we don't even use and etc.

This is his last chance for a big move he should use it wisely.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hopefully he has enough self respect to not accept a 1 year deal at 29 for this version of so called Arsenal, that's a disrespect. Especially when they hand out long term contracts to the likes of Rob Holding, Cedric who we don't even use and etc.

This is his last chance for a big move he should use it wisely.
Looks a good marriage to me, good back up for us and he’s in London earning what I doubt he’ll get anywhere else.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not a bad move, but is another senior player that earns too much for their output.

It will likely wreck any summer improvements if Arteta still tries to force him and Auba into the same 11.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not a bad move, but is another senior player that earns too much for their output.

It will likely wreck any summer improvements if Arteta still tries to force him and Auba into the same 11.

Ødegaard is off so we will be signing an attacker who is creative regardless.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Chris Wheatley is also saying Luiz and Willian want to stay.

Close to the end now I think.
tenor.gif

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A one year extension would be ideal, but I don’t see why he would accept it in the normal climate at least.

Maybe covid helps us get that 1 year deal though, considering he won’t be getting the most jaw dropping offers right now during covid. Maybe in a couple years he can sign for big-ish money elsewhere.

I personally don’t mind a one year deal, or even letting him run down his contract if we can’t get 10-15m for him. You gotta just figure out if he’s worth it at that stage. 10m transfer fee + like 8m wages for the year could be well invested into the squad. We should sell if we get that kind of offer imo. 15m transfer fee would just be a no brainer. People mentioning 20-25m skipped economics/business class.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Oh please no. Enough of him. He has his moments but is not worthy enough, among many others, but still 1 of those many who can be sold for some value. So please just sell and move on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would be delighted if he accepted a one year deal, selling Eddie is the way to go this summer ( little **** turned down a £15 million move to Newcastle for me on FM, ffs Eddie I needed that money :lol: ) can we maybe play Martinelli and Balogun more too next year, just maybe.

CountChocula

Hopefully the plan is to hold onto him only for a bit to give time for other teams' finances recover when ticket sales return to normal and sell him in January or next summer when Balogun/Martinelli replaces him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Keeping him will set the tone for the summer. We wont do what we need to do. I can see Arteta simply keeping experienced players to make up for his lack of experience.

If he has Auba and Laca both fully fit. He isn't going to always drop one for another. It will be Auba on the left which means less game time for Martinelli. It means less game time for ESR If he signs a 10 who can score 15 goals in accordance to him. Sell players and move on. We are so scared to move forward.

Last edited:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

To be real honest a one year deal isn't the worst thing in the world but it's another short term thinking move for me.

Plus we already signed Auba at circa 300k, now we fitting to hand another old brother a contract?

I don't really think his value rises either, even with the crowds back next season his age is always working against him so I'm more down for shifting him this summer. Get 10-20m or whatever and just keep sh!t moving.

Again it's not really an ability thing because he's done relatively well this season, but I'd give the extension a miss.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just cos they offer him one doesn't mean he accepts it. What is he, 29, soon to be 30, players that age don't usually take 1 year extensions, they want their last proper contract to secure their financial future etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom