• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
he has a contract and was our best striker last season. You cant just say ok you can go now and he says ok. He has a huge contract which has 1 year left. Either loan him out and pay some of his wages or release him and pay him off his last year. But there is no way a player on his wages is gonna move to take a pay cut. Bellerin is another one we will have to loan out his last year. The club has to take losses or keep them
Why can't our best striker get any takers?
Stop it, he was patchy as usual. We should subsidize his wages to leave.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why can't our best striker get any takers?
Stop it, he was patchy as usual. We should subsidize his wages to leave.
I said he was our best performing striker last season. He is 30 years with 12 months left on his huge deal. Its better to get him on free 12 months. 5 months from now foreign clubs can talk to him. He will get a big signing on fee somewhere else next season

Arsenal1508

I said he was our best performing striker last season. He is 30 years with 12 months left on his huge deal. Its better to get him on free 12 months. 5 months from now foreign clubs can talk to him. He will get a big signing on fee somewhere else next season
He will not get a big sign on fee unless he performs like a 25 goal plus striker. No team is committing silly money to 31 year old Lacazette. He needs to reignite his career somewhere else. Remember, before he signed for us...he score 37 goals in one season.

I don't want to waste another season with him. Martinelli deserves the minutes as he is our long term striker.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He will not get a big sign on fee unless he performs like a 25 goal plus striker. No team is committing silly money to 31 year old Lacazette. He needs to reignite his career somewhere else. Remember, before he signed for us...he score 40+ goals in one season.
nah there is no transfer fee involved. So he will get it. Also why should he reignite his career somewhere else when he has been getting plenty of game time at arsenal. He will play a lot next season

Arsenal1508

nah there is no transfer fee involved. So he will get it. Also why should he reignite his career somewhere else when he has been getting plenty of game time at arsenal. He will play a lot next season
No one is going to pay him a sign on fee. 1 year contract max. We can't even give him away for free.

Gn1212

there is a bigger chance he signs extension here than leave this summer. We would never give him away for free.
Yeah, the club would be dumb to do so.
We ain't talking about some random guy that we can do without. If he leaves he has to be replaced, and adequately so if Auba's form doesn't pick up.
Martinelli doesn't seem ready to lead the line yet and Balogun is too inexperienced.
A serious big club wouldn't take such a stupid gamble unless they're extremely tight with money.

Everyone is losing their **** about having no time to get players and they want to add another striker in the list. 😅

Arsenal1508

Yeah, the club would be dumb to do so.
We ain't talking about some random guy that we can do without. If he leaves he has to be replaced, and adequately so if Auba's form doesn't pick up.
Martinelli doesn't seem ready to lead the line yet and Balogun is too inexperienced.
A serious big club wouldn't take such a stupid gamble unless they're extremely tight with money.

Everyone is losing their **** about having no time to get players and they want to add another striker in the list. 😅
Yeah I'm sorry, but it's an addition over subtraction. Like Xhaka - no need for mediocrity. He's going for free, just like Özil, Ramsey, and WIlian. We couldn't find a buyer for him last season either.

We need new blood or give faith to the younsters. Martinelli was 18-19 years old last 2 years. He'll be 20 - should be ready to lead the line if he gets faith from his manager and develops as expected. Otherwise, we go and invest in another striker.

Arsenal1508

Good ones that are potentially avalable have many suitors.
No good one available - all clubs have too much money. Lacazette is available and nobody wants him - that should tell you all.
Please show many any prem striker with any takers right now?

Arsenal1508

there is a bigger chance he signs extension here than leave this summer. We would never give him away for free.
And we'd be dumb doing so.

Can't believe ou said we would neve give him away for free. Do you know which team we're talking about here and the clowns that run this club?

Also, FFS - Lacazette is 31 years old end of the season...has been on downward trajectory since he signed for us.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Good ones that are potentially avalable have many suitors.
No good one available - all clubs have too much money. Lacazette is available and nobody wants him - that should tell you all.
I said name names and you couldn't. No senior striker already in the prem has been sold or even received bids, just chatting rubbish.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Fully expecting this dross to be here for this season but still be voted AM player of the decade because works hard for the team despite not hitting 20 plus a season and missing sitters in games it really matters. He has never showed up for us in semi and finals etc

mirrorstare

Wish he was actually dross, if he was we would have had an embarassing early EL exit and finished in 14th place or something, which maybe would have been enough to get rid of Artetaball

Alas. Really want him gone just so he can burn those trust the process boots and recover some dignity ffs

Liam_Og

Better than Aubameyang now, both individually and also for the team.
Agree. I’m not sure why the hate, he has transitioned into a target man type player, he has close control and can pick a pass, if Saka, ESR and Pepe find their scoring boots this season, he should start. Also scores a decent amount of goals.

People calling Laca dross are the same ones calling for a DCL type signing. DCL in the current arsenal setup would be totally underwhelming, and if he didn’t materialise to be TH14 mk2, the fans would turn on him too.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think he's better than Auba but he's not as bad as people say he is. He was one of the best performing attackers in the league last despite playing in a dysfunctional team.

Everyone on A-M kept saying we should buy Sarr last season and that he'll improve us. With the way people were bashing him last season, you'd think he was worse than Willian.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Can’t believe we’re doing this Laca is better than Auba stuff again it’s the worst argument ever. Lacazette is just not good people need to stop hyping him Auba is on another level.
He used to be, but not anymore. Auba has clearly lost his burst of acceleration.

Lacazette is a more efficient finisher, better in the air, much better hold up play and better for the team. When he's in the side, we play much better football, as demonstrated by Baloguns goal yesterday.

The sharpshooter is locked in, you have nowhere to go, you must submit.

OSBK

Established Member
In the EPL IMO there is only kane and cavani who hold the ball better and bring people into play. Both those strikers excell as they have young fast legs around them, at time last season when we played laca with saka and esr we had that. We lacked a clinical edge in the final third but played alot better and the goals came from everywhere.

I do rate bamford for his holdup play, will be interesting to see if he can do it again. He runs the channels well and produces against top teams. If he gets 17 again next season and performs well then i would like to see him given a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom