• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Laca's goal conversion rate for last season was 19.2% which is towards the better end of the spectrum amongst players who got at least ten goals. The list of players with better conversion rates who aren't world class is a very short one:

Greenwood, Deeney, Chris Wood, Ings and Martial, with the last two being debatable as they performed at world class levels. Greenwood is also a freak finisher.

This 'he misses too many chances' thing is either another false narrative created by people who can't watch objectively or a consequence of him playing next to Auba who has consistently been in the top 2/3 most clinical players in the league.

Laca's issue has always been getting the chances with regularity.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Laca's goal conversion rate for last season was 19.2% which is towards the better end of the spectrum amongst players who got at least ten goals. The list of players with better conversion rates who aren't world class is a very short one:

Greenwood, Deeney, Chris Wood, Ings and Martial, with the last two being debatable as they performed at world class levels. Greenwood is also a freak finisher.

This 'he misses too many chances' thing is either another false narrative created by people who can't watch objectively or a consequence of him playing next to Auba who has consistently been in the top 2/3 most clinical players in the league.

Laca's issue has always been getting the chances with regularity.

Problem is laca has a very low shots per game percentage historically, so he has to have a higher conversion percentage to get away with it

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Problem is laca has a very low shots per game percentage historically, so he has to have a higher conversion percentage to get away with it
Yeah I meant to say shots instead of chances. Sometimes he's too slow to get his shots off even when given the chances.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol: That wasn't the point. Lacazette was getting more criticism from fans than usual for that miss, Arteta even brought it up in his interview.
There's always one scapegoat that defies logic and rationale - past couple of years its usually been our main striker (Adebayor, Giroud, Lacazette).

Even though he is part of our strongest 11 I wouldn't be mad if Arteta drops him for a piece -probably for the best, feels like the fans have had enough.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pretty sure people only turned on Ade when he became a bit of a bellend in 2008/2009, did people not like him before that?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Pretty sure people only turned on Ade when he became a bit of a bellend in 2008/2009, did people not like him before that?
I take it you wasn't on these forums :lol:

Initially he was a strong, fast and a willing runner - but wasn't very clinical until his second season as main striker.
Had a trampoline first touch when he first came, which improved over the years but it didn't come naturally. You can only imagine the frustration on here. What we see with Lacazette is nothing, especially as the standards were far higher back then as well (Henry had just left, VP was stuck to the treatment table).

Everyone expected/wished for this guy to be dropped in favour of Bendtner. Took a while for Ade to win people over, which he did - but then the Beyonce comments.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I take it you wasn't on these forums :lol:

Initially he was a strong, fast and a willing runner - but wasn't very clinical until his second season as main striker.
Had a trampoline first touch when he first came, which improved over the years but it didn't come naturally. You can only imagine the frustration on here. What we see with Lacazette is nothing, especially as the standards were far higher back then as well (Henry had just left, VP was stuck to the treatment table).

Everyone expected/wished for this guy to be dropped in favour of Bendtner. Took a while for Ade to win people over, which he did - but then the Beyonce comments.

Yup people don’t mention it but his link up play was below par when he first got here, in the last 6 months it has improved dramatically which is to his credit.

If he can so can Pepe

Last edited:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Yup people don’t mention it but his link up play was below post when he first got here, in the last 6 months it has improved dramatically which is to his credit.

If he can so can Pepe
We had prime Papa Wenger who would play a player through the lowest of forms until they turned good tbf, idk if Arteta is ever going to give Pepe that kind of run in this side

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We had prime Papa Wenger who would play a player through the lowest of forms until they turned good tbf, idk if Arteta is ever going to give Pepe that kind of run in this side
Indeed, Wenger had the track record and past success to give him time to play new players into form, which he's had to do many times.

Arteta and Emery don't quite have that luxury. Shows in their team selections and shy tactics.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arteta did a lot of work with Sane and Sterling so you never know

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

He used to get hate for how often he was offside and lost the ball quite a bit

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I feel like 'Arteta worked with Sterling' is gonna become the new 'Lacazette is like Firminho' or 'Torreira is like Kante'. Just an absolute myth.

Let’s hope not, Sane went out of way to credit MA with his game. End of the day it’s up to the player.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Don't think Nketiah should be starting over him, Lacazette is better. He just doesn't have the pace or fitness.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I made a bet with my Yanited supporting friend that a 33 year old Cavani will get a hat-trick before Lacazette. If Cavani wins. I’m gonna lose it. I’m going to make sure Lacazette is gone by January. I can’t deal with Tubby McGee anymore. Just knowing he survived another transfer window has annoyed me. I just bought the new Fifa and Lacazette’s name is on the first team sheet for no reason. He has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom