• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That's not an unpopular opinion, that's a fact.
But even younger Giroud would look like crap in this Arsenal team as well
Younger Giroud looked crap in a much more attacking team than this though? With prime Özil, Sanchez and Cazorla. With Theo + Ramsey chipping in assists as well.

What do you think Giroud is doing in this version of Arsenal? He’d be a centreback.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We got taken to the cleaners by Aulas on this. He must have laughed all the way to the bank.
That may be an unpopular opinion here but Giroud is a better striker than Laca.

Don't think anyone can dispute this anymore. Not that Giroud was top class but he was at least useful.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There’s just no way Giroud is better than Lacazette. Giroud still gets used cause of his physicality and hold up play which never goes out of fashion, but player for player in their peaks it’s no contest.

Giroud was probably the superior buy purely cause of price tag and the value he provided but otherwise, nah not rolling.

Players like Giroud held us back when we had peak Özil and Sanchez.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
but player for player in their peaks it’s no contest.
What peaks?
Paul-Merson-1038219.jpg

Giroud is easily the better player than Laca. Laca might have more moves in him because of chasing his first touch and nice trumpet celebration but overall Giroud had a lot more to offer than Laca. But physicality and hold up play is very important too. Giroud also scored a lot more beautiful goals than Laca could ever dream of. MerciGiroud!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Giroud had donkey touch though so this is simply not true.

Better athlete but not better player.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
https://arseblog.com/2020/11/bad-form/

People won’t wanna see it but this piece backs up what I’ve been saying all along tbh.
Its a good article and it makes sense but for me, still doesn't excuse Laca's individual shortcomings. The article states Willian thrives in a more improvisational attack which tells me the biggest issue is that Arteta has aggressively coached attacking out of the team.

Reactions: Kav

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
There’s just no way Giroud is better than Lacazette. Giroud still gets used cause of his physicality and hold up play which never goes out of fashion, but player for player in their peaks it’s no contest.

Giroud was probably the superior buy purely cause of price tag and the value he provided but otherwise, nah not rolling.

Players like Giroud held us back when we had peak Özil and Sanchez.

Giroud was exactly what Arsenal needed as van persie backup back then. Olivier should've always been the backup or the alternative to a superior striker, not be the starting striker himself.

greekgooner

Player:Martinelli
After so many years and still the problem is that giroud was not good enough for most of our fanbase. I dont get it.The guy scored 107 goals for us we went to chelsea and he soloed the europa league at age 33 with 11 goals and 5 assists and he toyally destroyed us in the final. He won the world cup as france starting striker and he will soon be france all time top scorer beyond our beloved henry. I dont say that he was a world beater but at least he was at top physical form and when his place at the team was threatend he ALWAYS produced. And some people compare him with someone who at 28 needs substitution at the 70 minute cant score away from home and the pick of his career was 28 goal season in french league( that league that giroud won with monpelie) with 10 penalties. Give me a break . Merci giroud and thank you for everything you deserved more apriciation ....

After so many years and still the problem is that giroud was not good enough for most of our fanbase. I dont get it.The guy scored 107 goals for us we went to chelsea and he soloed the europa league at age 33 with 11 goals and 5 assists and he toyally destroyed us in the final. He won the world cup as france starting striker and he will soon be france all time top scorer beyond our beloved henry. I dont say that he was a world beater but at least he was at top physical form and when his place at the team was threatend he ALWAYS produced. And some people compare him with someone who at 28 needs substitution at the 70 minute cant score away from home and the pick of his career was 28 goal season in french league( that league that giroud won with monpelie) with 10 penalties. Give me a break . Merci giroud and thank you for everything you deserved more apriciation ....

Great great great post! Trusthworthy! Can you give us Lacazette's bio for comparison?

greekgooner

Great great great post! Trusthworthy! Can you give us Lacazette's bio for comparison?
Some times when everyone dubted him i was thinking- am i seeing a different match?-. The main problem is how the media was viewing him. Really todays people has no personal opinion and cant stand going against the wave. As for lacazette bio he is 2nd fatest player he played for us in the emirates era after obviously andre santos:clap:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Wright, Anelka, Henry and van Persie should hopefully make you get it.

greekgooner

Wright, Anelka, Henry and van Persie should hopefully make you get it.
yes he was not henry bergkamp van persie wright( i dont count anelka he didnt stayed many years to produce but at giroud age he was much much much worse his career after arsenal was a completely downfall) but thats all. It surely better than laca adebayor bedner and every other striker played for us in wenger era and its not even close. He came at 25 with zero european or national experience and he worked his socks off to be in the team. Why so many fans still refer to him i still dont get it. Maybe most people cant handle that he had the wrong opinion from the start.

Kav

Established Member
Support the lad while he is still here as a player. Leave the slagging off to other fans.

We know he’s not the fittest player and his confidence has tanked. However he has shown the ability to single handedly drag us out of tough situations so I think he has some credit in the bank. That being said if he doesn’t improve by the end of December he may have to start considering moving out of London.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ade at his peak was better than Giroud. Great striker. Lacazette has done nothing to be compared to these players.

greekgooner

When laca came in all media said- finally arsenal has a top class striker that can score MANY goals unlike giroud who is doing many things but not banging a lot of goals- . Then they saw that laca cant bang 30 goals a season and they change their perspective- he may cant score a lot of goals but his hold up play is second to none- . Are you kidding me????? Thats the reason they killed giroud in every chance they had because he wasnt a pure goalscoring striker. I just want to say that media have so much power that can dictate people opinion the wrong way and giroud was the victim of that method

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Giroud has had a great career, way better than Laca's...how many strikers in our history have had a better career than Giroud though, not too many I imagine...he definitely squeezed everything he could out of his time as a football player, you have to respect that.

greekgooner

Ade at his peak was better than Giroud. Great striker. Lacazette has done nothing to be compared to these players.
Ade peak lasted just 1 year giroud played almost the same in his 5 year here. Remember ade season before the exploiting one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom