• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don't know where that 14 game figure has come from:
Untitled.jpg

Before that penalty donated to him the Palace goal was the only one he scored in 14 games including the games off injured which is disingenuous which is true. Between fixtures 16 and 30 he got 1 goal vs Palace. I got that stat from the article below without really researching it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...erosity-in-giving-alexandre-lacazette-penalty

BigPoppaPump

He's never had that kind of drought in his Arsenal career to date. The only one he had was his away record which was abysmal - similar to Firmino but in reverse.

You're trying too hard to discredit a guy who has been dropped anyways.

I swear I remember him going on another drought where when he finally scored everyone celebrated like we won the CL. Then he still got dropped anyway :lol:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/lacazette-opens-up-on-being-dropped-after-ending-goal-drought

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ought-premier-league-highlights-a9339546.html

OSBK

Established Member
Why can't this guy play 90 minutes? He's possibly the most unfit 29 year old I've ever seen.

Might be wrong but i think firminho is the most substituted player in liverpools team. You could argue they are the fittest team in world football. This modern number 9 kills players energy fast. Harry kane has recently adopted this slightly deeper role, you will shortly see him knackered/subbed or injured. Laca was never that type of athlete, there are only a handfull of players in world football who can play that role gor 90mins every game all season.

We have a strange mentatlity at arsenal. We buy forwards like auba,laca,Özil and moan like mad when they dont track back. That begs the question would it be **** to leave auba, laca and willian pushed up the field when we dont have the ball.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Before that penalty donated to him the Palace goal was the only one he scored in 14 games including the games off injured which is disingenuous which is true. Between fixtures 16 and 30 he got 1 goal vs Palace. I got that stat from the article below without really researching it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...erosity-in-giving-alexandre-lacazette-penalty
Why would you count the games he was out injured? The reason why Auba giving him the penalty was significant was because it was their first real action together, it showed that Auba was selfless and they could co-exist. It wasn't about taking pity on Lacazette because he hadn't scored as much.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why would you count the games he was out injured? The reason why Auba giving him the penalty was significant was because it was their first real action together, it showed that Auba was selfless and they could co-exist. It wasn't about taking pity on Lacazette because he hadn't scored as much.
I'm tired :lol:

The guy's already dead anyways and I don't see him coming back as a starter any time soon, not sure what more people want.

Was even glad he didn't start Leeds myself as I knew we wasn't winning (didn't see the red card coming)

Reactions: A_G

BigPoppaPump

The whole narrative was it was to help Lacazette's confidence lol why would else would you give up a penalty for a hat trick? Lacazette wasn't scoring and needed a confidence boost as he always does.

As per https://www.arsenal.com/news/auba-why-i-let-laca-take-second-penalty :

on why he didn’t take the second penalty…
PEA: I know that Laca is back and I’d scored twice, so I wanted to let him score. It’s normal. I think it’s good for his confidence, and that’s why.

BigPoppaPump

I'm tired :lol:

The guy's already dead anyways and I don't see him coming back as a starter any time soon, not sure what more people want.

Was even glad he didn't start Leeds myself as I knew we wasn't winning (didn't see the red card coming)

You always come to his defence though you're obviously not tired lol still I reckon if you couldn't 'relate' to him you probably wouldn't have time for him like Giroud. The first post in this thread is you getting gassed over his fruity dances :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

BigPoppaPump

He just came back from two months out after a knee operation. Did you expect him just to return with full confidence like he was never gone? Really weird thing to pick on.

Why not? I don't expect him to be match fit but he should still be confident. His confidence went before that injury because he was getting subbed off early all season, then Auba came in and took his shine. Auba felt sorry for him then.

Like Lacazette is always having strops, looking sad/frustrated and walking off with his head down. He's had confidence issues his whole time and can't blame him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You always come to his defence though you're obviously not tired lol still I reckon if you couldn't 'relate' to him you probably wouldn't have time for him like Giroud.
Tbh I stumbled across some of my old posts from years ago and it turns out I came into defence for Giroud as well believe it or not.

I wasn't crazy about the guy but I saw his qualities there's literally nothing different now.

I actually rarely dump on players in general - they aren't world beaters but KIA clients aside I can kinda see why they are here usually.

BigPoppaPump

Tbh I stumbled across some of my old posts from years ago and it turns out I came into defence for Giroud as well believe it or not.

I wasn't crazy about the guy but I saw his qualities there's literally nothing different now.

I actually rarely dump on players in general - they aren't world beaters but KIA clients aside I can kinda see why they are here usually.

I always dump on the players they get away with murder while people go straight for the managers because they don't want to admit these players aren't that good. But then there's guys like Mustafi and Xhaka that get turned into villiains while others are just as poor but are more popular.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Why not? I don't expect him to be match fit but he should still be confident. His confidence went before that injury because he was getting subbed off early all season, then Auba came in and took his shine. Auba felt sorry for him then.

Like Lacazette is always having strops, looking sad/frustrated and walking off with his head down. He's had confidence issues his whole time and can't blame him.
No wonder you're so down on the players, if you just invent these narratives in your head and run with them :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Might start writing Arsenal fan ficiton.

But come on Lacazette is a fragile guy, dunno why you're denying it it's evident on the pitch.
I'm not denying it, I just don't think that's what happened here. Auba wanted Laca to get some confidence back after an injury lay-off because the team was relying on him in the EL since Auba was cup-tied. It was a good gesture of solidarity.

BTW I posted on here about Lacazette unfollowing an Arsenal fan on twitter who criticised his performance a few weeks ago.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Anyway, think we’re looking at the beginning of the end for Laca here.

He’ll either get frustrated and leave on the cheap in the summer or he’ll stay to see his deal out. Either way Arteta won’t be relying on him in the league.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Anyway, think we’re looking at the beginning of the end for Laca here.

He’ll either get frustrated and leave on the cheap in the summer or he’ll stay to see his deal out. Either way Arteta won’t be relying on him in the league.
He will leave, he seems like the type who will want to play. The clubs seriously linked with him are decent as well.

He recently said his future isn't linked with Auba, plus he's not dumb. He saw how the club were scrambling to secure Auba's signature whilst Arteta poured cold water over any talk of his.

He's definitely done. Think most of our frontline minus Auba and Willian will probably be out this summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He will leave, he seems like the type who will want to play. The clubs seriously linked with him are decent as well.

He recently said his future isn't linked with Auba, plus he's not dumb. He saw how the club were scrambling to secure Auba's signature whilst Arteta poured cold water over any talk of his.

He's definitely done. Think most of our frontline minus Auba and Willian will probably be out this summer.
Reiss should move on too if he doesn’t start getting minutes in the league. He’s nearly 21 and done absolutely nothing.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Might be wrong but i think firminho is the most substituted player in liverpools team. You could argue they are the fittest team in world football. This modern number 9 kills players energy fast. Harry kane has recently adopted this slightly deeper role, you will shortly see him knackered/subbed or injured. Laca was never that type of athlete, there are only a handfull of players in world football who can play that role gor 90mins every game all season.

We have a strange mentatlity at arsenal. We buy forwards like auba,laca,Özil and moan like mad when they dont track back. That begs the question would it be **** to leave auba, laca and willian pushed up the field when we dont have the ball.

You make some interesting points. Great post.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I missed this post but yeah you kinda sum up how I feel on this.

BigPoppaPump

I was feeling kind of embarrassed that I started randomly on him over some dumb sh*t today but he had another terrible performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom