• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaza

No matter how well he plays, I think it's best we sell him...we'll probably be able to raise more money for another CF/LW.
Only way it'll make sense to keep him for another season is if Balogun stays as an understudy...that or we sell and replace with a young talented striker

DasBootist

Probably best to reserve judgement on the guy's future until the season's end. If he can continue like this, he has 2 stay, Shirley

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Probably best to reserve judgement on the guy's future until the season's end. If he can continue like this, he has 2 stay, Shirley

If he continues like this we should absolutely sell, his value will go up a bit and we can get more money for him. Either way we need an upgrade, if we're looking at Laca right now and accepting him as good enough for Arsenal then it just shows our standards and expectations have dropped. This club has had RvP, TH14, Wrighty.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If he would just stop missing these 1v1’s he would do himself and us a favor. Had a good game after but still have a bad taste of that miss because he’s done that many times before and cost us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he continues like this we should absolutely sell, his value will go up a bit and we can get more money for him. Either way we need an upgrade, if we're looking at Laca right now and accepting him as good enough for Arsenal then it just shows our standards and expectations have dropped. This club has had RvP, TH14, Wrighty.
Its not about what we think we deserve, its about what we can get. Saying we need to improve on him is the easy bit. But the people replacing him will be the likes of Odsonne Édouard type of players. Players from saller clubs than us and we need to take a chance on them. We are not gonna go to a big club and sign their striker

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Its not about what we think we deserve, its about what we can get. Saying we need to improve on him is the easy bit. But the people replacing him will be the likes of Odsonne Édouard type of players. Players from saller clubs than us and we need to take a chance on them. We are not gonna go to a big club and sign their striker

True, it's a difficult market for strikers right now, but the recruitment department has had a long time to scout for a new no. 9, they should be able to find somebody with a higher ceiling than Lacazette or at least someone who can do things Lacazette can't do, like winning headers or beating the keeper in a one-on-one.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But he still miss lots of gilt-edged chances though. Auba probably would have buried that 1 v 1 yesterday

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But he still miss lots of gilt-edged chances though. Auba probably would have buried that 1 v 1 yesterday
Yeah it’s a bit annoying but he got one back so I can’t complain. So far his conversion rate and big chance numbers aren’t too bad, he can’t score all of them tbf.

I remember when we would explain that his no9+10 role was too physically demanding and was affecting his productivity. I was told I was just making excuses for him...look at him now!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was it @Trilly who said Laca was in the form of his life?

We are on opposite sides of Arteta-street but the man knows football, I have to say.

He will be on here at 3:45 in the morning, moving AM exactly where he wants it to go...he's a legend!
I never said he was in the form of his life but I was saying earlier in the season that his old role was killing him. Was simply too tired to have any tangible impact on the game once we eased into the half.

He’s in the box now, doing what he does best.

We are actually getting 25 M for him next summer if we are smart and decide to sell and not keep. If we keep we are setting us up for another constant let downs like Laca majority of his time has done!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's become indispensable, which is about as big a compliment as I can pay. My prefer would still be to get a more mobile younger CF but if he keeps going this way I might change my mind. Tho I've seen him under Emery's early days even benching Auba for a few games, scoring important goals, etc and he ended up falling off. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I suppose it works it both ways hopefully if the team keeps playing well he'll keep this up, and the reverse if keeps this up we'll continue to see more fluidity in our attack.

I've no problem holding my hands up if a player proves me wrong, I'm Arsenal fans first agendas second. Same with Pepe, Xhaka and the likes.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He would be fine if he could maintain this form. The problem is who is going bet on him doing so for the next couple of years?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I remember when we would explain that his no9+10 role was too physically demanding and was affecting his productivity. I was told I was just making excuses for him...look at him now!

You would think it was so obvious to see for anyone who watched us regularly. Most people dismissed those of us who were arguing he was being played way out of position and labelled us Laca sympathisers.

It only changed after @Macho started posting the heat maps. For Laca it showed his average position/touch was the centre circle. Only then did it dawn on people that perhaps he was indeed asked to carry out a different role than he was used to.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'd rather see him go to a good CL club myself.

Watching him extend only to see the fanbase count his pockets whilst we play crap football - I literally have zero desire to see that.

Team will stay how it is whether he stays or goes, just get money for him.

Behrengauna

Fair play to Lacazette for turning his form around. If he keeps scoring and assisting at the current rate he deserves to stay. Otherwise he's just not good enough for a team with Champions League aspirations.

His hold-up play is severely overrated. It feels like half of the passes in his direction go past him because he's so awfully unathletic, and he's a complete pushover to centre-backs when it comes to keeping the ball or challenging for headers. His willingness to create and the decent passing don't make up for those weaknesses.

Jakarta

If he would just stop missing these 1v1’s he would do himself and us a favor. Had a good game after but still have a bad taste of that miss because he’s done that many times before and cost us.

He should’ve went round the goalkeeper, but unfortunately he doesn’t have the agility and pace to pull it off.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I'd rather see him go to a good CL club myself.

Watching him extend only to see the fanbase count his pockets whilst we play crap football - I literally have zero desire to see that.

Team will stay how it is whether he stays or goes, just get money for him.

I also think we should cash in on him at the end of the season. His value should be still good. With Laca's body type and stamina I'm a bit worried he could have a sharp decline soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom