• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I mean doesn’t everyone want to buy a player that performs straight out the box? Why would I want us to sign a player that’s gonna be good in 5?
Ideally yeah, I mean - that’s why we moved to Emirates in the first place :lol:

Edouard is no Partey - which was my point. Might as well have Eddie or Balogun (if he stays) run around instead for free, people like that stuff.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Even after that display from your goalkeeper and starting CB tonight? :shivering:

Even with that numpty Southgate in charge and his persistence of playing Maguire and Pickford in the first team and have gloggers like Dier, Winks and AMN in the squad ( I am hoping Gareth sees sense about Holdini and ESR).

Grealish, Sancho, Sterling, Saka, Folden, Maddison, ESR, Rashford, Kane and Vardy should be too much of attacking talent (that ****s on our overrated so called "golden generation") for even Gareth to screw up with.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Vardy part of the England set up again? Could have sworn he said sod that.

As for Laca, he’s had better runs than this and still never got call ups, I just think their strikers are kinda set in stone.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Even with that numpty Southgate in charge and his persistence of playing Maguire and Pickford in the first team and have gloggers like Dier, Winks and AMN in the squad ( I am hoping Gareth sees sense about Holdini and ESR).

Grealish, Sancho, Sterling, Saka, Folden, Maddison, ESR, Rashford, Kane and Vardy should be too much of attacking talent (that ****s on our overrated so called "golden generation") for even Gareth to screw up with.

Back four is so important though for international tournaments. French one is rock solid by comparison.

There’s about 10 different options they can use.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ideally yeah, I mean - that’s why we moved to Emirates in the first place :lol:

Edouard is no Partey - which was my point. Might as well have Eddie or Balogun (if he stays) run around instead for free, people like that stuff.

I feel like fans cut new players a lot of slack tbh, people still try tell me Torreira is good. I think most fans are ready to let Nketiah go, I don’t think the fans are as ruthless as you say.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Vardy part of the England set up again? Could have sworn he said sod that.

As for Laca, he’s had better runs than this and still never got call ups, I just think their strikers are kinda set in stone.
Deschamps don't like him that's why he keep playing Griezmann and Giroud no matter how good or bad they are.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Laca has been absolutely superb over this last month. Won't say anything that hasn't been said here before. Hopefully he can get in on the scoresheet again on Saturday.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think it's just a case of France having so many quality options, as the reason he doesn't get called up much...though it does seem that Deschamps has a thing against Lyon players :lol:

Was terrible he wasn't called up to Euro 2016 though, his form around that time deserved him being at that tournament.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Think it's just a case of France having so many quality options, as the reason he doesn't get called up much...though it does seem that Deschamps has a thing against Lyon players :lol:

Was terrible he wasn't called up to Euro 2016 though, his form around that time deserved him being at that tournament.
He could score 15 overhead kicks until the end of the season and still not get called up. Some managers are funny like that. Must be a French thing , he must not be the right star sign or something like that previous wc final coach had a agenda like that

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well I’m just glad that he’s showing there’s more to it than having above average pace and power. He’s a good footballer who always tries and whilst the kids get all the plaudits - he’s the only reason they are working.

Looking up and down the league he is nowhere near as bad as people try and make out, even if he is admittedly declining physically.

I was so frustrated with Arteta for the role he had him play for most of the season. This guy had to firm all the corn for it as well. Can defo see him moving onto a better team for sure, would hate to see him go out like Auba.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

How the **** did that bum Gignac in the Mexican league get called Euro 2016 and Laca was left at home.

When you consider the fact that france had the most talented players in the world then, it was quite embarrassing watching Deschamp only able to bring on Gignac when they were 1-0 down in the final when the likes of Laca weren't even in the squad.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How the **** did that bum Gignac in the Mexican league get called Euro 2016 and Laca was left at home.

When you consider the fact that france had the most talented players in the world then, it was quite embarrassing watching Deschamp only able to bring on Gignac when they were 1-0 down in the final when the likes of Laca weren't even in the squad.
france had way too many black players and they needed to have balance hence gignac

BigPoppaPump

Deschamps don't like him that's why he keep playing Griezmann and Giroud no matter how good or bad they are.

What can he do that Giroud and Greizzman can't already? He's just very mediocre at best across all attributes you look towards a forward player. If he played for another team the way he has for Arsenal none of us would pay attention to him.

BigPoppaPump

Well I’m just glad that he’s showing there’s more to it than having above average pace and power. He’s a good footballer who always tries and whilst the kids get all the plaudits - he’s the only reason they are working.

I don't think anyone has ever said he has above average pace and power :lol: it's below average for a forward if anything.

Also, he looks better because of the kids not the other way around. He needs runners around him so he doesn't have to focus on doing much other than staying in and around the box, without them he'd be struggling to do anything and tired after 3o minutes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What can he do that Giroud and Greizzman can't already? He's just very mediocre at best across all attributes you look towards a forward player. If he played for another team the way he has for Arsenal none of us would pay attention to him.
He is decent footballer you don't put him to elite because he not 25 goals season striker if he even call up for France he'd be on bench even with different management

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't think anyone has ever said he has above average pace and power :lol: it's below average for a forward if anything.

Also, he looks better because of the kids not the other way around. He needs runners around him so he doesn't have to focus on doing much other than staying in and around the box, without them he'd be struggling to do anything and tired after 3o minutes.
I am saying he doesn't have have great power or pace but he still makes it work, he was bashed for not having blistering speed or Drogba like strength but there is more to football than that.

Also, I disagree with the kids thing. Auba looked meady when playing infront of the kids, it didn't work. Laca had nobody to link up with for most of this season and he got the blame. The kids and Laca need each other.

The kids solely getting the credit because of agendas is kind of a shame, the majority of the team has stepped up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom