• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
I rate Laca but think the smart move is to sell this summer if we get a decent offer.

He’s not first choice here, Auba has a great fitness record, and Laca’s on CL wages. We need to streamline wherever we can now we’re Europa league level. Always a risk that move will cost us if Auba goes down injured, but think we can use those resources more efficiently elsewhere - particularly with guys like Martinelli coming through.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
maybe he is willing to swap the bigger wages for a longer deal & more security elsewhere... its a precarious position for him at 30 this summer or 31 next summer testing the free agent market

will be interesting to see what level of clubs he will look to join... even if not good enough for us his 10-15 goals league goals a season still carry demand
I think what he makes in one year at Arsenal riding out his contract, he won't make in 4 years. If I was in his position, I'll stay at Arseanl and ride my contract out. If he leaves, no French team can afford him. Seria A might be a good choice for his career.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I rate Laca but think the smart move is to sell this summer if we get a decent offer.

He’s not first choice here, Auba has a great fitness record, and Laca’s on CL wages. We need to streamline wherever we can now we’re Europa league level. Always a risk that move will cost us if Auba goes down injured, but think we can use those resources more efficiently elsewhere - particularly with guys like Martinelli coming through.

Hard to disagree, infact when the supposed offer came from Roma if it is true (and I'm honestly wondering if it is) we probably should've just taken it.

I think Arteta has understood where the future is hence the shift to Auba in the middle and I don't personally think we lose that much in general play as opposed to Laca but I understand I'm a minority in that respect.

Laca is quite good though, don't get me wrong but I would not offer him a new contract.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
And if we sell Lacazette we're almost certainly going to need to replace him. We can't go into next year with 1 established CF in Auba and then if he gets hurt be stuck in the Wolves situation of this year.

And replacing him is probably going to cost more than we get from selling him. So I don't see how selling him frees up money for this team. It's a false economy.
Who said you need to replace him? I think Auba and Martinelli are fine for the centre forward role. I would use the money to go towards a winger instead. Think about it, most clubs that use a single striker in their line up only use two at most. The third option is a player that can fill in at striker but not necessarily a true CF or an academy player Examples are: Rashford, Werner, Jota etc. Btw, I would keep the squad trim, we won’t be in Europe next season so I don’t think we should bloat up the squad. Cut our losses with Lacazette and stop hoarding players. We need to generate funds for ourselves.

City: Aguero and Jesus
United: Martial and Cavani
Chelsea: Abraham and Giroud
Leicester: Vardy and Ineacho
Liverpool: Firmino and Origi
Spuds: Kane and Vinicius
Arsenal: Auba and Martinelli.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
MOTD did a similar segment but where were they when ESR was going to get sent off for it only to be saved by VAR.
The English media have favorites and Sp**s Liverpool manutd are theirs they can't go and make fun of Grealish Kane diving

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Someone needs to just hit Dyche in the face with a sledgehammer, tbh.

OSBK

Established Member
The English media have favorites and Sp**s Liverpool manutd are theirs they can't go and make fun of Grealish Kane diving
No mention of this weeks salah dive. Maybe its because klopp and pep have balls that the bbc dont make pisstake videos out of them after match of the day.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The scream seemed unnecessary, but I have no idea what kind of contact the player made with Lacas Achilles, he didn’t have any treatment for it though.

Suspect Laca and Wrighty will be having a laugh about it when they next meet. :lol:

I have a question for anyone who is overly concerned about our players diving. In an alternative timeline where Henry had buried that chance against Barcelona and we won the CL final, would the trophy be diminished because of Eboues dive for the free kick that lead to the first goal?

Last edited:

mirrorstare

I was disgusted with us playing like a La Liga team in the last FA Cup final so yes.

As you said earlier is a matter of preferences. You think is normal and inevitable and I can't wait for the time divers start getting 10 match bans, even if the first case happens to be an Arsenal player and it ruins our season. The sport can only improve from it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think because of the red card injustices, the coaching may have gotten the team to play up fouls a lot more. I noticed a lot more jostling the ref nowadays but I could be imagining it I have no quotes or proof.

When Tierney was rolling around holding his face against Leicester people on here were supportive and said we should do it more 🤷‍♂️

When teams did it to us, the same pundits say it's part of the game. Not even worth talking about for me really.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Eboue, Pires, an 'injured' Jose Antonio Reyes rolling from the sideline back onto the pitch to waste time against Real Madrid in 2006 (genius), please lets not pretend for a moment that there is a new wave phenomenon suddenly sweeping through our squad.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Media waited until Arsenal player scream hard to post this but keep protecting Kane Grealish who always dive. Also Dyche need to shut the f**k up about us diving.
True. But Laca did overdo the scream. Screamed louder than any of our players who had their limbs broken. And after all that, he wasn't even treated! Bet we get nothing when he's fouled in the future

Reactions: A_G

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The scream seemed unnecessary, but I have no idea what kind of contact the player made with Lacas Achilles, he didn’t have any treatment for it though.

Suspect Laca and Wrighty will be having a laugh about it when they next meet. :lol:

I have a question for anyone who is overly concerned about our players diving. In an alternative timeline where Henry had buried that chance against Barcelona and we won the CL final, would the trophy be diminished because of Eboues dive for the free kick that lead to the first goal?
Re the CL, I would probably have loved it even more. The difference there was that Eboue dived intelligently. Tierney and Laca are cringe.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Eboue, Pires, an 'injured' Jose Antonio Reyes rolling from the sideline back onto the pitch to waste time against Real Madrid in 2006 (genius), please lets not pretend for a moment that there is a new wave phenomenon suddenly sweeping through our squad.

Reyes destroyed Real Madrid in that game, he had such natural talent.

Harz

I wish all our players were either screaming diving ****s or tough guys who commit dirty fouls and hassle referees about even throw-in decisions.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
True. But Laca did overdo the scream. Screamed louder than any of our players who had their limbs broken. And after all that, he wasn't even treated! Bet we get nothing when he's fouled in the future
Players do that always but now we noticed more because the stadium is empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom