• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorstare

The slow dud was the reason we had that little stretch of wins saving our season

As soon as he lost form/was phased out of the team we went back to our good old midtable form, even with Auba scoring again, Pepe on form, Saka, ESR, Ødegaard all starting, etc. That's as far from being Xhaka as you can get tbh

Pop Tart

Established Member
The slow dud was the reason we had that little stretch of wins saving our season

As soon as he lost form/was phased out of the team we went back to our good old midtable form, even with Auba scoring again, Pepe on form, Saka, ESR, Ødegaard all starting, etc. That's as far from being Xhaka as you can get tbh
:facepalm: embarrassing stuff. He makes us top 4 material then?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I rate Laca but think the smart move is to sell this summer if we get a decent offer.

He’s not first choice here, Auba has a great fitness record, and Laca’s on CL wages. We need to streamline wherever we can now we’re Europa league level. Always a risk that move will cost us if Auba goes down injured, but think we can use those resources more efficiently elsewhere - particularly with guys like Martinelli coming through.

I'm tempted to keep him if the offer is low, but his wages are too big an issue to overlook... Eduard would be on a third of that, despite being a 20ish mil signing.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Best case scenario is getting ~£10m for Lacazette and getting his ~£10m wages off the books, so about £20m in total.

Club may decide they won’t get a better ST for that money and keep him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Best case scenario is getting ~£10m for Lacazette and getting his ~£10m wages off the books, so about £20m in total.

Club may decide they won’t get a better ST for that money and keep him.

Using Eduard here again because we had him linked, but at least we can move him on if we need to.

That won't happen with us keeping Laca, it's just 20 mil down the drain in the fee and wages you mentioned.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Using Eduard here again because we had him linked, but at least we can move him on if we need to.

That won't happen with us keeping Laca, it's just 20 mil down the drain in the fee and wages you mentioned.
My man Nketiah has a better u21 record than Edouard. :shivering:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He was trying to get the other player booked, and he succeeded. Good for him. It's certainly been done to us enough times.
I think it's bullocks the whole play acting thing, but we as a fanbase can't approve of Tierney rolling around then ridicule/criticise Laca for doing the same thing it just doesn't make sense.

Seeing the dodgy decisions we get recently, maybe the players are probably over doing it to make a point now - we don't really know.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I want more "street smarts" in our team of anything, something we lack..all our best teams had clever players, that could expoilt situations like Laca and Tierney were trying to do...all for it, tbh.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was trying to get the other player booked, and he succeeded. Good for him. It's certainly been done to us enough times.
He did succeed but at what cost? Now he's the butt of everyone's jokes and to anyone who didn't see the incident, he sounds like a diver. Watch as the refs use this incident as an excuse not to give us legitimate fouls. I applaud the intention but the execution was poor. Our players are not intelligent.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I want more "street smarts" in our team of anything, something we lack..all our best teams had clever players, that could expoilt situations like Laca and Tierney were trying to do...all for it, tbh.
No issue with this given the current state of the game but our players need to he more Klinsmann than Rivaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom