• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
Indeed, I even forget this guy is 3 in 3 and the only one scoring for us atm.

I’d drop him though, not cause he’s been playing bad but if the fans don’t want to see you it’s uncomfortable.
The fans are not an issue right now due to Covid. He has it easy compared to Gervinho and Eboue.

Fans can be very disgusting at times.

Let us hope his confidence comes back because his technique is still present. He’s scored 3 goals in 3 games without appearing confident. Imagine if he had Giroud’s confidence (Mind you Giroud missed so many chances it’s a miracle he scored so many goals for us).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The fans are not an issue right now due to Covid. He has it easy compared to Gervinho and Eboue.

Fans can be very disgusting at times.
Trust me, I’ve always accredited some of our good form to the lack of crowd cause the football actually isn’t very good.

Lacazette definitely doesn’t have it as bad as Gervinho and Eboue but that guy is active on social media and he sees all the comments. For me this is a no no for a pro athlete but there you go, 2020.

I hope he finds his confidence again- the guy is class, tries his best and I just want him to do well so badly. You can’t force what is not there though.

Kav

Established Member
Trust me, I’ve always accredited some of our good form to the lack of crowd cause the football actually isn’t very good.

Lacazette definitely doesn’t have it as bad as Gervinho and Eboue but that guy is active on social media and he sees all the comments. For me this is a no no for a pro athlete but there you go, 2020.

I hope he finds his confidence again- the guy is class, tries his best and I just want him to do well so badly. You can’t force what is not there though.
Social media is just trash and I don’t understand how anyone exposes themselves to that medium. It’s like asking for negativity in your life.

If I were an athlete I would have no social media account.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Strikers miss big chances. Even Vardy, probably the most clinical striker in the league missed 18 last season.

People outraged about this outside of the emotions of the game need to...*channels inner @MaraDon *...learn about football.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Cos people are acting like they weren't tolerant of these performances for 3 years now, just now they're turning on him? This is a good performance by his standards.
Think a goal against Liverpool is good by anyones standards but we've fought enough recently.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Laca is Laca...ing in confidence right now. He should have put that golden chance away. In form strikers like Henry, Auba, RVP at his best would have given the keeper the eyes, pretended to go one way and hit it the other. But he basically snatched at it and hit it straight at the keeper. And the first goal was a mis-hit.

I'm not saying he'll never come good and get into form, but it's been a few years now and he hasn't really got into the groove. A better midfield would really help him.

pakgunner

Laca is Laca...ing in confidence right now. He should have put that golden chance away. In form strikers like Henry, Auba, RVP at his best would have given the keeper the eyes, pretended to go one way and hit it the other. But he basically snatched at it and hit it straight at the keeper. And the first goal was a mis-hit.

I'm not saying he'll never come good and get into form, but it's been a few years now and he hasn't really got into the groove. A better midfield would really help him.
Laca will never score 20+ goals in an Arsenal shirt again, he is also depriving us of a potential front 3 that can cause alot of teams trouble. Auba needs to be the player exposed to the chances that a given to our attacking front 3 because he will finish most chances off . That chance against Liverpool would have been put away by Aubameyang, Saka should play on the left and Pepe on the right with Willian rotating both players when needed. Once Martinelli returns he can also rotate with Saka, but atm we need to be more direct in our attack to produce more opportunities for Aubameyang otherwise he will become another Özil.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
:lol: That wasn't the point. Lacazette was getting more criticism from fans than usual for that miss, Arteta even brought it up in his interview.

That's my point too, he's getting more criticism than usual but this is what he always does. He always misses easy chances, fumbles the ball, loses composure in front of goal etc. But only now fans have lost patience for it when before they voted him POTY for doing the same stuff.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Laca needs to trim down a bit to get the pace back. Confidence will come with time.

EjLJ_Y_XgAM2XPs

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Strikers miss big chances. Even Vardy, probably the most clinical striker in the league missed 18 last season.

People outraged about this outside of the emotions of the game need to...*channels inner @MaraDon *...learn about football.

Vardy is also a guaranteed golden boot contender and will get you 20+ goals.

Lacazette barely scraps into double digits.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Vardy is also a guaranteed golden boot contender and will get you 20+ goals.

Lacazette barely scraps into double digits.
My point was that all strikers miss chances. Christ.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That's my point too, he's getting more criticism than usual but this is what he always does. He always misses easy chances, fumbles the ball, loses composure in front of goal etc. But only now fans have lost patience for it when before they voted him POTY for doing the same stuff.
I think people are more upset with that miss because he made another even worse one just a few minutes before that, granted it would've probably been called offside.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
There's a lot of things you can praise Lacazette for but his mentality isn't one of them, it's probably his second worse trait after his fitness.

On the flip side if he had sat there grinning he would have been completely eviscerated by the interweb.

Personally, I think "extreme distress" was the right play here!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Right and it literally doesn’t matter because they make up for it.

Lacazette doesn’t. :rolleyes:
So because he doesn't make up for missed chances (in your opinion) he's not allowed to miss.

Put that logic into a computer and it would explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom