<

Alexandre Lacazette: Alexandre The Grate

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Lady_Gooner, Jul 19, 2020.

1. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

There's something off about his physical form during the last couple of months, but I usually see him take on quite a few nasty fouls, so those might take a toll on him.
    I remember the last game against Leicester near the end of the season when he was being fouled by Evans on the regular.

The fact that we're still not able to press for longer periods of time without dipping dramatically in the second half makes me question the training these players receive.

2. KrissKringle

They're both dogs that will chase the ball aggressively. Even at the top of his game, I wouldn't call Auba as aggressive.

3. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

And in addition to the below, we should have never signed Özil, laca and auba. I was against the signing of these three players. How come it takes people so long to start realising their weaknesses and limitations?

4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Took people way too long to realise this guys a bum. He's been playing like this his whole Arsenal career but got POTY cos people liked his dancing and trims. Now look, no more dancing and his hairs gone and everyone's turned on him.

5. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You can see Vardy attacks the ball like it’s an Asian man while Lacazette treats it like it’s his mother in law.

Trilly likes this.
  6. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

The guy has been **** since the day he walked through the door. 17/18 he was crap, which goes completely under the radar.

7. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Emery hardly played Laca and Auba together until the latter stages of his first season, particularly in the Europa League. In the early stages, during the 22 game unbeaten run in particular he largely rotated them, favouring Auba and played Iwobi left, Özil central and Mkhi right behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. Towards the end of his reign he basically ostracised Laca. Freddie brought him back in.

The notion that he can’t play central because he isn’t physical enough or whatever is nonsense. Arteta’s just using the role differently.

[​IMG]

8. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

He was poor under Wenger as a lone 9 as well, I think it played a big part in Wengers decision to bring in Auba.

He just doesn't have the physicality to play lone 9 in the PL, the amount of evidence that supports this is too big now.

9. Malky

Malky Established Member

Idiots were celebrating on here when he " upgraded " Giroud with this ****ing loser. At least Giroud never cost us £50M. What a waste, would take someone like Ings in a heartbeat over this clown.

10. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Under Emery, when teams park the bus, we needed someone to score that ugly goal by doing whatever is needed to break the defense. Be it pulling or pushing a defender. Laca did exactly that in 2018/19. That's the reason why most of his goals were clutch goals. Once you get that goal, these teams will be forced to open up and someone like Auba can exploit that easily. Laca was not necessary when playing teams that were not playing ultra defensive set-up.

Post 2018/19, Laca has regressed a lot bothy physically and mentally. He is not able to do that anymore. And now he is being given a role that requires even more stamina which he clearly doesn't have. I am happy with the way Auba is being used on the left. But we need someone else to replace Laca in the middle. This would have been a great time to test Martinelli there.

11. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

This doesn’t feel like a difficult conundrum to solve. Saka offers more creativity than Auba on the left. He can cross, pass and take players on. He is also better defensively without the ball, as he’s comfortable covering the left back.

Auba offers better movement and finishing than Laca or Eddie (and it’s not close) down the centre. He’s average defensively without the ball and rubbish at crossing, passing and dribbling but elite at working space for a shot.

Why oh why are we making this complicated?

RacingPhoton likes this.
  12. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Forget about his inability to score. His link up play was no better than a pub player.

People give giroud stick, but at least he had a consistent first touch.

There was one moment he ruined an amazing counter attack opportunity by over hitting and misplacing a simple back pass.

Really feel for Arteta having to play with this dross.

13. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

You’re right.
    Saka offers more creativity than auba on the left.

And he will over more creativity than auba in the centre. We should play one Saka on the left and one Saka in the centre. As there can be no two Saka. We will replace one of them with a similar player.

14. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Having Laca alone on an island in the centre is just totally pointless.
    What the hell is he supposed to do? snail past players?

Get players close to him or drop him completely.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  15. KrissKringle

:lol::lol:

16. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Players like him & xhaka signify the downfall of this once great club

17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

“the idiots” :rofl:

say yes, Rex Banter and Riou like this.
  18. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

[​IMG]

Trilly, Rex Banter, celestis and 3 others like this.
  19. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Macho and El Duderino like this.
  20. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Laca should press the finess button more often, I've identified that ever since he joined the club.

MutableEarth and Riou like this.