• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
a striker should be able to run fast, head the ball, strike cleanly with short backlift, hold up the ball and harass centrebacks. Both of our strikers together cant do these.

Just play Nketiah .. had enough of these bums who need a whole strategy devised for getting them in the one optimum position that they can score in/

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
a striker should be able to run fast, head the ball, strike cleanly with short backlift, hold up the ball and harass centrebacks. Both of our strikers together cant do these.

Just play Nketiah .. had enough of these bums who need a whole strategy devised for getting them in the one optimum position that they can score in/
Agree, but nketiah is just as limited.
We need Martinelli.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Created two chances from his press today and wasn't bad per se, but his fitness is gone after the 60th minute.

I think it's time to bench him for Aubameyang and bring in another CM in Willock/Ceballos to the team.

If anything we'll be getting him fresh off the bench with enough fitness to impact the game.

You start him at United over Eddie, yes. Logical. But there comes a time where the better player in PEA has to play in his natural position.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another awful game today thought after 3 from 3 he'll kick on but i was wrong he back being poverty and worse.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Quality game from Laca today, this cheeky bit of skill was my highlight...

Being serious though, thought he was decent, got through a lot of hard work and created some good chances...his lack of stamina is always funny though :lol:

Kav

Established Member
Another awful game today thought after 3 from 3 he'll kick on but i was wrong he back being poverty and worse.
I don't think you are being objective. He pressed as much as his fitness allowed him to. He won the ball on atleast 5 occasions that i counted and started counter attacks. He almost scored if it was not for lindelof intercepting the ball.

He did well but as I have said his fitness is a major issue and i don't think he can effectively do what arteta wants and still be available up front to score. He just doesn't have the engine for it.

My major gripe with Lacazette is that while he presses i don't see him making any forward runs at all. Those runs are what he use to be good at.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Slow and just not good enough, holding us back big time. Arteta will persist with laca central though as auba got his goal even if it was a pen and was not the one fouled.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
My major gripe with Lacazette is that while he presses i don't see him making any forward runs at all. Those runs are what he use to be good at.
His fitness suffers from the press, so the forward runs aren't as effective.
He's mostly asked to press and take players with him to make space for Auba.
For him to stay in the box you have to bring someone who does that for him, which we don't have. He's also getting fouled a lot during games, which takes a toll on the body.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Did hold the ball well, but the front 3 just don't fit together, too many things are missing. Individually though, all 3 of them are probably OK or more than that

LG10

Was actually a good game by him but once again his lack of fundamentals were on display

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He did a couple of good things today but that just isn't enough for a 50m player occupying the position of a vastly superior one at a club trying to achieve things. The defense is good enough to survive without the number 9 "running" around like a headless chicken and doing sweet f*ck all else for the 60 minutes he can last. Time to take the attack up a level and put dangerous players on either side of Auba.

Walked a lot today... Someone need to rewatch how much he was walking... Probably between 5-10 minutes just walking... His press is also always half arsed and out of coordination with other players. He is getting a lot of free pass from Arteta and being given a breather during the game but has nothing to show for it.

Kav

Established Member
Walked a lot today... Someone need to rewatch how much he was walking... Probably between 5-10 minutes just walking... His press is also always half arsed and out of coordination with other players. He is getting a lot of free pass from Arteta and being given a breather during the game but has nothing to show for it.
He did walk a lot today. The man just doesn’t have the required fitness level to start in the team. Sadly he may have to play substitute if he doesn’t improve on this.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Thought he played well today, gave the defenders some hustle and problem, but probably in the interest of all if we find a buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom