• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

His fitness suffers from the press, so the forward runs aren't as effective.
He's mostly asked to press and take players with him to make space for Auba.
For him to stay in the box you have to bring someone who does that for him, which we don't have. He's also getting fouled a lot during games, which takes a toll on the body.
Exactly, under Emery when he was left to it, he’s a different player. People complained but he actually wasn’t bad today. Wasn’t great mind but whatever.

I hope he do moves on this summer though, having a player majority of the fans want benched 15 mins into the match is just no good for anybody.

No fans in the stadium is actually our strongest asset at the moment, it means our less popular players like him or Elneny can get on the pitch and do what they are asked.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Exactly, under Emery when he was left to it, he’s a different player. People complained but he actually wasn’t bad today. Wasn’t great mind but whatever.

I hope he do moves on this summer though, having a player majority of the fans want benched 15 mins into the match is just no good for anybody.

No fans in the stadium is actually our strongest asset at the moment, it means our less popular players like him or Elneny can get on the pitch and do what they are asked.

Think summer 2021 would be the right time for Arsenal and Lacazette to break-up...

If it is though, there is a chance that in his last 2 seasons here...he could have helped us win the cup and helped us get back to the Champions League, despite being disliked by the majority of fans in that time.

...pretty great way to end your time here in my book, all things considered, if that all happens.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
From what I seen so far this season, he probably should have gone over the summer. I reckon he could have been sold, but the offer wasn't to our satisfaction. Probably worth far less at the end of this season.
Even though he has a few goals, he is not an elite finisher, and hence, does not make up for his numerous weaknesses. We need someone with more pace and legs over 90 to lead the line.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Even though he has a few goals, he is not an elite finisher, and hence, does not make up for his numerous weaknesses. We need someone with more pace and legs over 90 to lead the line.
He's not being played to his strength to score more often and even if we get someone with more pace and stamina, it still doesn't change the lack of supply the strikers are getting.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I remember him being touted as the French Defoe when he was signed and I’m wondering if he’s even as good as Defoe was. 50m+ for this guy was robbery.

Manberg

Predator
I’m harsh on Laca. He followed the manager’s instructions off the ball. He worked hard, marked Fred and helped our midfield. On the ball I’m not impressed with him though. But it could be because of his hard work off the ball that he’s out of breath when he gets into the final third.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
But it could be because of his hard work off the ball that he’s out of breath when he gets into the final third.
He's doing grunt work and it's been affecting his game for quite a while. Even at Lyon he would drop a bit to help out, but here it's a different can of worms and I mentioned it in earlier posts that he's getting fouled pretty darn hard every game to the point of feeling exhausted by the time he's coming off.

It's no surprise that he's not effective in front of goal and hates it when he's subbed in the 65th-70th minute for Eddie. There's no recognition for what he's doing out there and there has to be a better way of using him, but for some reason Arteta doesn't give a toss.

You can say the same thing more or less about the way Pepe is used, but he's not someone who will put in a shift like Laca if he's not making his mark offensively.

These are management issues, because this season our front guys have been off.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

If Laca can get fit enough to where he can press in Mikel's system and offer more in the final third, we'd have the perfect CF to complement Auba but frankly I'm pessimistic with what I've seen.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He was good yesterday. Hopefully that adds a few million onto his price tag. Overall he's a poor athlete. I think he struggles to separate himself from most defenders so Arteta believes he can be the pressing agent. Ideally, a better and more fit striker will come in soon

bonzka

He hustles and harries but when we progress the ball he seems permanently glued to a central defender. I wish he'd hop into space now and again.

say yes

forum master baiter
If Laca can get fit enough to where he can press in Mikel's system and offer more in the final third, we'd have the perfect CF to complement Auba but frankly I'm pessimistic with what I've seen.
Unfortunately, I don’t think he’ll ever be physically cut out to press in this system for 90 mins.

He’s a good player, and he was instrumental to us shutting down United yesterday, but I think there’s enough evidence now to suggest he just doesn’t have the physical capability.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I remember him being touted as the French Defoe when he was signed and I’m wondering if he’s even as good as Defoe was. 50m+ for this guy was robbery.
No chance. Defoe was so much better. Quicker, stronger, more athletic, better finisher, could run with the ball etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Laca isn’t in the same league as Defoe. It’s not an insult to Laca, more a respect to Jermaine Defoe who was a really good player and should be given his plaudits.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lacazette isn't fast, strong or skilful which is basically useless for a forward at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom