• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Most CFs seem to be used more as decoys now, used to mainly open up space for the players behind them, it's the way football is right now...why I want Toney, he seems perfect for that.

If Laca was the age now, he was when we bought him in 2017, he would be our starting striker for the next few years...we have a team that really suits him, age is his only real issue now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Most CFs seem to be used more as decoys now, used to mainly open up space for the players behind them, it's the way football is right now...why I want Toney, he seems perfect for that.

If Laca was the age now, he was when we bought him in 2017, he would be our starting striker for the next few years...we have a team that really suits him, age is his only real issue now.
Yup, wingers are the primary bread winners now you pretty much live and die on them. You need the best to be in the top 4 with the roles CF's have now (City don't even have one).

Our main ones in Saka, ESR & Martinelli are hitting. Our positions in the league this season and last season isn't a coincidence.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Yup, wingers are the primary bread winners now you pretty much live and die on them. You need the best to be in the top 4 with the roles CF's have now (City don't even have one).

Our main ones in Saka, ESR & Martinelli are hitting. Our positions in the league this season and last season isn't a coincidence.

You think of every CF we could realistically sign, everyone would be a gamble in terms of goals.

Even someone like DCL, who is probably the most "proven" player we could get...you are looking at probably close to double the £50 million we paid for Laca to get him, but his best return is the same as Alex's in the prem.

If Laca gets us back in the Champions League as our main CF this season, after helping us win the FA Cup in 2020...his goal return may be low, but he will have been a success here in my opinion.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You think of every CF we could realistically sign, everyone would be a gamble in terms of goals.

Even someone like DCL, who is probably the most "proven" player we could get...you are looking at probably close to double the £50 million we paid for Laca to get him, but his best return is the same as Alex's in the prem.

If Laca gets us back in the Champions League as our main CF this season, after helping us win the FA Cup in 2020...his goal return may be low, but he will have been a success here in my opinion.
The way Ramsdale and Tomiyasu have slotted in with limited fuss you can't rule out DCL coming in and scoring 20.

Fowards are a different beast though and in recent history all the best ones are usually inherited or grown.

This is the clubs headache anyways.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Ideally the CF we need shouldn't be a 20 goal a season. If he can score 15 goals we should be fine. As long he has he can can hold the ball and bring our other attackers into play.

The likes of Saka, ESR and martinelli should be able to score 10 goals each.

A

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ideally the CF we need shouldn't be a 20 goal a season. If he can score 15 goals we should be fine. As long he has he can can hold the ball and bring our other attackers into play.

The likes of Saka, ESR and martinelli should be able to score 10 goals each.

A

Yep something like 15 goals/10 assists would be the sort of rough estimate I'd be looking at whoever we bring in. I expect most of the goals to be coming from the wide players as they continue developing.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yep something like 15 goals/10 assists would be the sort of rough estimate I'd be looking at whoever we bring in. I expect most of the goals to be coming from the wide players as they continue developing.
I think @Riou have touted Toney a few times. I thinks he's good shout.

Vlahovic will be out of our reach in the summer. Question marks remain over DCL's fitness.

Toney would be my pick. He's aggressive on the press, pacy, good in the air for his height (bullied White in the air in our opening game). He's finishing has been been a bit dodgy this season though.

He's sort of a Klopp player so to speak. These are the kind of players he signs and turns them into a gem.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If we had a better striker than this guy I think we would've scored more vs City today, he's just ineffective against top defenders.

Have to agree, I'm leaning towards a young striker to go with our other young guns, the energy is there from the players around him and Lacazette just seems out of place.

He has his moments but the majority of the time he looks well out his depth and you get kinda happy if he delivers the bare minimum pass or holds the ball up.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Played well, has been playing well, is leading the team and really knits the forward line together despite his shortcomings.

Does his best, no complaints or wishlisting from me just going to enjoy and root for him whilst he’s here and starting.

akhil

He's like a geriatric playing out there with this front line. He just doesn't have the legs to do anything after holding the ball up and playing the pass. The ball goes way ahead him once it goes to the wide players and he's struggles to catch up.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He works hard and this new style of play has shown us what we need to aim for. He's never been clinical or fast enough to cement the CF spot but he's a help atm. A proper striker probably doesn't pass to Ode for that early chance

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Re: thread title the answer is
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

GoonerJay24

It depends on the managers system and tactic. At Leicester and Tottenham for example; there strikers are still heavily relied on to score.

Toney wouldn't suit our style enough to be a starter. I'd take him as a backup option though. Jonathan David is who we should be going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom