• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I want accountability. He's been sh*t under 3 managers here. He's one guy who has zero excuse in terms of the system. Nobody to blame but himself. Did Arteta fatten him up to put him in his paella or did the pr*ck eat himself into this state? Imagine my job is painting council flats and instead all I do is sh*t on the walls and then I back myself to go and restore the Sistine Chapel next. Absolute god damn joke and when your club captain has this disgusting, stupid mentality it's no wonder you see the club in such a state where players can routinely look unprepared and apathetic.
Laca was great under Emery and decent under Wenger.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho

Did you see his quote about Auba...

“Before he arrived, I didn’t like him. To be honest, I’m not mates with the Aubemayang you see on Instagram. I’m mates with Pierre-Emerick. People don’t know Pierre-Emerick. They know Aubameyang.”

...ffs 🤣
Lol yeah they had a rivalry in France before Arsenal. Auba mentioned it when he joined as well.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
@Macho

Did you see his quote about Auba...

“Before he arrived, I didn’t like him. To be honest, I’m not mates with the Aubemayang you see on Instagram. I’m mates with Pierre-Emerick. People don’t know Pierre-Emerick. They know Aubameyang.”

...ffs 🤣

Kind of get that to be fair, Auba is quite a flashy guy with his cars, clothes and Batman crap etc but he actually appears like a decent enough guy away from it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I will miss having players/characters like Auba and Laca, tbh.

In 18-19, the only reason I thought we could get back in the Champions League, was because of them, as the rest of the team was kinds falling apart...they were so good at their best.

I know some people thought they were a little annoying with their personalities, while some have debated their quality as players (especially Laca) but they really made watching Arsenal fun between 2018-2020, you felt we could always get a goal with them playing.

Will look back fondly at their time here, not their fault they played for Arsenal when the club was very much in flux...but always tried their best, even delivering some silverware here.

Both Lyon and Saint Etienne haven't won a trophy, since Pierre and Alex left them...hope we don't have a similar drought :lol:

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

In 18-19, the only reason I thought we could get back in the Champions League, was because of them, as they rest of the team was kinds falling apart...they were so good at their best.

I know some people thought they were a little annoying with their personalities, while some have debated their quality as players (especially Laca) but they really made watching Arsenal fun between 2018-2020, you felt we could always get a goal with them playing.

Will look back fondly at their time here, not their fault they played for Arsenal when the club was very much in flux...but always tried their best, even delivering some silverware here.

Both Lyon and Saint Etienne haven't won a trophy, since Pierre and Alex left them...hope we don't have a similar drought :lol:

Laca and Auba decline can clearly be linked to Arteta. I'm telling you now. If we had an attack orientated coach, those two would've been banging the goals in. What a waste these past 2 seasons have been.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

In 18-19, the only reason I thought we could get back in the Champions League, was because of them, as the rest of the team was kinds falling apart...they were so good at their best.

I said something like this a long time ago and Pump got angry and it started another long arse debate. I feel largely the same as you though, speaking for myself I will look at their time here as mostly positive.

I feel like we could have gotten a bit more out of our forward line in their prime had the rest of the team been a bit better, like an Europa cup. Attack used to be our strength which is now a joke in the present day unfortunately.

Curious to see what Edteta's forward line will look like.

Riou

I said something like this a long time ago and Pump got angry and it started another long arse debate. I feel largely the same as you though, speaking for myself I will look at their time here as mostly positive.

I feel like we could have gotten a bit more out of our forward line in their prime had the rest of the team been a bit better, like an Europa cup. Attack used to be our strength which is now a joke in the present day unfortunately.

I think we still would behave finished outside the Top 4, as our defence just wasn't good enough.

But I feel if Ramsey didn't get injured before the Europa final, we definitely would have beaten Chelsea...his energy at number 10 would have been crucial to us.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Player have personal ambitions, AM goes into meltdown
Ofc he good enough for CL teams like Sevilla, Marseille et al

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Arsenal was not fun to watch between 2018-20. I don’t get why you always try make the past better than it was. Lacazette was stinking it up then and Auba had his own stretches of bad form. The years before with Alexis were much better.

The Mustafi/Xhaka/Laca era (the last 5 years or so) has been the worst it’s ever been as an Arsenal player.

BigPoppaPump

Damn you guys really love your 5/6/8th place finishes lol the last 5 years been the worst I’ve ever had as an Arsenal fan. A lot of it because of players like Lacazette.

Riou

Arsenal was not fun to watch between 2018-20. I don’t get why you always try make the past better than it was. Lacazette was stinking it up then and Auba had his own stretches of bad form. The years before with Alexis were much better.

The Mustafi/Xhaka/Laca era (the last 5 years or so) has been the worst it’s ever been as an Arsenal player.

The Alexis' years were better, but I enjoyed watching Auba and Laca play for us too.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think we still would behave finished outside the Top 4, as our defence just wasn't good enough.

But I feel if Ramsey didn't get injured before the Europa final, we definitely would have beaten Chelsea...his energy at number 10 would have been crucial to us.

Alexis the GOAT Arsenal player of the last decade no doubt

BigPoppaPump

The Alexis' years were better, but I enjoyed watching Auba and Laca play for us too.
Yeah but Arsenal could get relegated and you’d still be acting giddy over it so that’s not relevant.

I really can’t see how anyone enjoyed watching Lacazette tbh it was laborious.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Damn you guys really love your 5/6/8th place finishes lol
Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

Nobody has cussed Emirates era more than me. Just saying our attack used to be our strength and I felt peak Auba and Lacazette was good enough to win Europa and some more domestic cups.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought Rambo was unreal in that second portion of the season after the contact situation sorted itself. I'm convinced if he stayed fit we'd have gotten at least 4th and won the Europa, but that's the story of Arsenal I guess 😢

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Laca was great under Emery and decent under Wenger.
A 50 million sterling striker who struggles to hit double digit goals in the league every season is hardly great. If he had been great, he wouldn't have been immediately upgraded upon. Think about that. He was so underwhelming from the beginning that we had to go and buy Auba 6 months later. When a club breaks their tranfer record for you and then has to do it again 6 months later for a player in your position, it's not because you're doing well. 🤣 We aren't Chelsea or City. He's never lived up to his fee here and to pretend otherwise is delusional.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

In the end we only needed not to draw against Brighton at home to get top 4, so we didn't really need a good defence.

Riou

I am fairly certain that if Emery had this team, but with the Auba and Laca from 2019, he would get us Top 4 (maybe even a cup win to go with it) as he would just focus on getting the best out of the 2 forwards, while having a better base of players behind them.

Though I am not sure Arteta would, in the same situation...think he would still try to be a little too clever, tbh :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom