• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Glad he's gone tbh, get's a raw deal from the fans who don't know football.

Think he's done alright with the 9 shirt considering whoever gets it next will either lose all of their football ability or have their leg broken in several places if they are too good.

Both the number 9 and the armband are bad vibes and he rocked both with pride, so he has my respect. All the best Laca!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Glad he's gone tbh, get's a raw deal from the fans who don't know football.

Think he's done alright with the 9 shirt considering whoever gets it next will either lose all of their football ability or have their leg broken in several places if they are too good.

Both the number 9 and the armband are bad vibes and he rocked both with pride so he has my respect.

I mean I tried to back him before this year but 2 non penalty goals in the equivalent of 20 games is absolutely putrid.

He’s always done well in terms of xG but this season he underperformed by almost 4 whole goals.

Considering if you look at chance creation we weren’t even that bad it’s been an absolute car crash of a year from him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
But Trax will tell me only statdna was responsible for latter day Wenger signings?
I hear the program traveled to meet players and printed out the contracts all on its own
Trax love wenger so it's not a surprise. I love wenger more than my family but you have to admit since we start buy big we had many misses and bad transfers laca among them

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I mean I tried to back him before this year but 2 non penalty goals in the equivalent of 20 games is absolutely putrid.

He’s always done well in terms of xG but this season he underperformed by almost 4 whole goals.

Considering if you look at chance creation we weren’t even that bad it’s been an absolute car crash of a year from him.
I've never tried to defend it, he was hard to watch this season as someone who was rooting for him. However, I maintain Lacazette was completely optional, he clearly lost his legs and he started every game. It's like getting mad at Giroud when he was here isn't it?

But he's gone now, so getting goals is somebody elses problem now. A puzzle I am intrigued to watch.

Kav

Established Member
Comedy Central Reaction GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

Not an Arsenal player is he?

New strikers are coming anyways plus you have Eddie now.
Don’t remind me about Eddie,you just gave me a headache.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've never tried to defend it, he was hard to watch this season as someone who was rooting for him. However, I maintain Lacazette was completely optional, he clearly lost his legs and he started every game. It's like getting mad at Giroud when he was here isn't it?

But he's gone now, so getting goals is somebody elses problem now. A puzzle I am intrigued to watch

For me Giroud has never fallen to the levels that Laca did this year, even for Chelsea or Milan.

It’s mostly Arteta’s fault because if we had Auba up front for all of those games down the stretch with the chances we created I’m sure we would’ve got over the line easily.

Think he thought Laca was still a decent player which he clearly wasn’t.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

For me Giroud has never fallen to the levels that Laca did this year, even for Chelsea or Milan.
My God, I'm not making this another Giroud debate I beg - I never rated that guy in an Arsenal shirt, he was learning on the job and my mind won't change. His skillset and attributes meant he aged like fine wine instead of spoilt milk like Laca.

Just pointing out that he was uncontested main striker for ages and unfairly got blamed for constantly being picked. End of the day these guys can only try their best and I am pleased and relieved Laca is gone.

Just need Pepe gone too then I can laugh at this team every week.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My God, I'm not making this another Giroud debate I beg - I never rated that guy in an Arsenal shirt my mind won't change.

Just pointing out that he was uncontested main striker for ages and unfairly got blamed for constantly being picked. End of the day these guys can only try their best and I am pleased and relieved Laca is gone.

Just need Pepe gone too then I can laugh at this team every week.

You think it’s going to be hard to improve on him?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't matter who you guys sign I think Arsenal are f*cked for the time being, been pretty open about this.

Look at the extensions that you started the summer with for one
Look at the manager

A lot of you are in LaLa land. I think the next striker(s) we sign realistically scores twice or three times as much as Laca did this season - but whats that gonna do really?

I mean it doesn’t have to be either or.

You can say Arteta is a smelly dosser for freezing out our top level striker but also say Laca is finished as a footballer and him leaving is good for us.

You say a good striker can triple his goal tally but take penalties out and that’s 6 goals you’re looking at.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You say a good striker can triple his goal tally but take penalties out and that’s 6 goals you’re looking at.
I didn't say good :lol:

I'm indifferent to Arsenal so it didn't hurt me to see Lacazette stinking up the pitch tbh I just thought, well why is he playing?
There are legitimate options even without Auba we've seen both Martinelli and Eddie play and score there. ESR playing the Laca role was an option too.

Like I keep saying he's gone now so hopefully the club improves like it was meant to when Özil, Mustafi, etc left. Here's a spoiler it wont, but maybe having different faces to blame helps with the copium.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, it’s happening more and more, it’s becoming the norm you can say. Salah might even see out his Liverpool deal.

Or if they don’t see out their deal they can pressure their club to sell to whichever team they want to move to by using the expiring deal.

For example Vlahovic with Fiorentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom