• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Winners generally get a pass so Grealish may be on Ian's subs bench. Apart from Firpo who i xant even remember, I think that's a pretty fair team. There's room for Dele Alli instead of Kante but every Everton player did their best not to stink the place out. That team is a great collection of (big money) flops and Laca is one of the biggest we've ever had. It could be worse for you with Laca at CF and Pepe at RW ;):lol:
There’s a lot of ways to call man sh*t, this graphic is just embarrassing and in no way credible.

Couple of people who openly think very little of Laca as a player have come in this thread and called bs without me saying too much.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

maxresdefault.jpg

"I hear you're a racist now, Ian"

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

... Arsenal have confirmed he has signed a one year contract extension at the club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There’s a lot of ways to call man sh*t, this graphic is just embarrassing and in no way credible.

Couple of people who openly think very little of Laca as a player have come in this thread and called bs without me saying too much.
What graphic? But okay, I guess you're hurting. My post was fun but be offended if you must.

Kav

Established Member
If we re-sign Lacazette, Elneny and Nketiah it will show that:

The club lacks ambition and that Mikel is truly void of ideas and ways to implement his concept of football. What those three bring to the table is mediocre talent. I like elneny’s work rate and simplicity so I may give him a slight pass as we know what he brings but Lacazette is not a goal threat, he’s not even a good link up player. Man is not even a knock off version of benzema more like chamahk 2.0.

I am annoyed already and I hope he leaves and goes back to France.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If we re-sign Lacazette, Elneny and Nketiah it will show that:

The club lacks ambition
They've already given Arteta and Edu the keys, already extended 2 out of the 3 you've mentioned and you're all like "if they extend Laca..." :lol:

Laca will go, but the club will still be sh*t.

Kav

Established Member
They've already given Arteta and Edu the keys, already extended 2 out of the 3 you've mentioned and you're all like "if they extend Laca..." :lol:

Laca will go, but the club will still be sh*t.
Nketiah you can may be justify and Elneny is a useful back up but Lacathreat?

IF it was up to me personally all 3 would be gone along with Xhaka and Holding.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nketiah you can may be justify and Elneny is a useful back up but Lacathreat?

IF it was up to me personally all 3 would be gone along with Xhaka and Holding.
There will be another Laca in but you guys don’t get it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

as Long as ttity tets is in charge we wont have a prolific striker I get that, but who knows may be he will stumble upon someone.
It’s more he values players who carry out his instructions to the letter and behave themselves.

So some sh*tter will always be plodding around that’s just how it’s going to be.

Kav

Established Member
It’s more he values players who carry out his instructions to the letter and behave themselves.

So some sh*tter will always be plodding around that’s just how it’s going to be.
The problem for us is his ideal striker or forward is more of a facilitator than a goal scorer so whoever we get we really shouldn't expect too much from them in terms of goals. Thats the honest assessment. The role as he envisions it is basically asking the CF to carry the entire attack ;-Holding the ball, linking the play, passing and movement into spaces with and without the ball and pressing both Central defenders or backs if necessary to lead the press. IT is a lot to ask of a single forward in terms of how he sets up his team. The Midfielders don't move closer to the striker like other teams do but rather the forward comes into midfield which is problematic because the space is already congested in that area, but that is apparently how arteta sees it working.

Having said that i don't see him getting a striker who is going to give us more than 15 league goals a season.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
The problem for us is his ideal striker or forward is more of a facilitator than a goal scorer so whoever we get we really shouldn't expect too much from them in terms of goals. Thats the honest assessment. The role as he envisions it is basically asking the CF to carry the entire attack ;-Holding the ball, linking the play, passing and movement into spaces with and without the ball and pressing both Central defenders or backs if necessary to lead the press. IT is a lot to ask of a single forward in terms of how he sets up his team. The Midfielders don't move closer to the striker like other teams do but rather the forward comes into midfield which is problematic because the space is already congested in that area, but that is apparently how arteta sees it working.

Having said that i don't see him getting a striker who is going to give us more than 15 league goals a season.
Which is why Saka and Martinelli will need to up their output quite a bit next season. An extra 5-10 goals and assists each if we are going to make top 4.

Reactions: Kav

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
View attachment 7057

Bit of a joke this list though isn't it? Where's Grealish? or the Everton players that showed relegation form for most of this season? It's just blatant agenda made obvious by making Laca right wing.

People think I love Lacazette but sometimes some of you guys do way too much.
I don't like Laca but this is way harsh on him. There are much worse players. Definitely so many worse wingers that can be slotted there. In fact Laca was okay for most of the season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom