• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I like him so much more when he doesn't try all this false 9 ****. Especially with Ødegaard playing it's so unnecessary.

Because he's fairly clinical, he'd score so much more goals if he just focused on getting into the box more

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still feel to get the best out of Laca as our CF, it would be better to play Saka-ESR-Gabby behind him...more pace and movement there, which you need with a striker like Alex.

Not saying Ødegaard can't play with Laca, just feel Emile's running at 10 would suit him more (though Martin has been decent lately, tbf)

Would like us to try Gabby, Ødegaard, Saka and ESR in the front four at some point this season, plus a new CF in the summer...but with the club seemingly making Auba enemy number 1, Laca could have a big part to play for Arsenal this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Great game tonight, even included a missed pen in honour of his fallen bro!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He played well but he always seems to do this where he comes into the team and has a good run of games, I've never seen him maintain it tho. It's obvious there's a ceiling with him. He'll never be a top 4 quality striker. That said to his credit he always works his socks off and I think given the Auba situation he's important to help the younger attackers around him.

Liam_Og

Yeah I think bring in a new top striker and keep Laca around anyway.

I’d rather see is go in hard for rice, looked quality tonight in a team that was average. An organiser and communicator too.

I’d be comfortable with Laca/Gabi/Balogun rotating for the CF position if we continue to get good output from the 3 in the half forward line. Also assuming that Balogun gets a decent loan in January and performs how we expect him to.

Laca was quality tonight, and played 84 mins without looking gassed, if he continues to work on his fitness and stamina, he still has 2/3 good years to offer in the right system.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Amazing striker performance today doesn't look guy who about to leave that's what i call a total pro. Laca is frustrating but when he mood he is trouble for any defender.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s not amazing but I’ve always liked him and I’m glad people can now see his qualities. Somewhat of a baller with a bit of grit.

He will have to be moved on though and given what’s happened I doubt the club will fall for this form again and extend him.

Arteta will need a striker more suited to what he wants and despite Lacazette’s endeavours he’s not it.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I never liked him at Arsenal but he was always my first choice pen taker over Auba, so actually surprised he couldn't convert it. Otherwise this is one of his best game in ages!! His turns were amazing. Quality assist as well.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably as good as a performance he can give now. Can't fault his dedication and work rate. Got an assist as well.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

His best performance for us in awhile. I cba with the missed penalty, that was a quality save. Lacazette was everywhere today. He was pressing well, had some real nice turns and touches and played a beauty ball for the first goal.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Don’t like praising this guy cos I know whoever we play outside the Emirates is going get a 12th man. Don’t let this man trick you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom