• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Tart

Established Member
In games when it goes right for us I can see what he brings in terms of hold up play but more often it goes wrong for us and he ends up giving fouls away and doing little else. Part of the problem in all honesty.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I like Laca but he’s just not good anymore man. Ødegaard needs to take a serious look at himself being benched by this guy.

I hope we don’t offer him a new contract, having a player that automatically brings you down to two subs is just not the one.
Home games I can deal with him but he should never play an away game for us he’s never played well away from home and he plays like he’s 35.

Tbh though he’s never been good he’s been like this since he came to Arsenal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's been playing out of necessity because the Stiffdegaard has been so useless. But we've known for so so so long he's nowhere near good enough for where we want to go.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

All these years complaining about Lacazette just for us to get an even worse guy in the Norwegian. Only Arsenal can downgrade like that.

It's honestly unbelievable. I was starting to appreciate Laca that's how bad the Norwegian has been, however performances like yesterday remind me just how useless Laca is.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All these years complaining about Lacazette just for us to get an even worse guy in the Norwegian. Only Arsenal can downgrade like that.
Might be Arteta tax making Ødegaard look crap tbf, but yeah, getting benched by Laca is not a good look at all.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Home games I can deal with him but he should never play an away game for us he’s never played well away from home and he plays like he’s 35.
Didn't you say recently that he is in the best physical shape so far for us? He fooled you for a moment there :lol:

SK___

I wouldn’t start him if he was the only striker at the club… everything about him is appalling

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
We should have kept giroud and gotten auba. (I don't even like giroud but he's definitely better than Laca) Signing laca was one of the biggest mistakes. He's decent but definitely not worth the amount we payed. Hopefully we don't extend him. Just have to move on now.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We should have kept giroud and gotten auba. (I don't even like giroud but he's definitely better than Laca) Signing laca was one of the biggest mistakes. He's decent but definitely not worth the amount we payed. Hopefully we don't extend him. Just have to move on now.
Anything we did yesterday went through him. That's saying something.

mirrorstares

FWIW the impact is not the same, huge difference between the sparks of good football he produced last season to drag the team out of that atrocious 15th place and this Conmebolesque ****housing he now has to rely so much on to somehow drag this team to European league places.

Just another sign of what enough time of Artetaball can do to a team. The results atm look better, but you can tell this isn't sustainable at all.

Hope he can teach Ødegaard, or anyone, how to carry the team like he keeps doing before he leaves.

Liam_Og

I like Laca (one of the few that do) i think he has a bigger impact off field and being the character we need in the dressing room.

I’d have no issues with a 1 year deal, but he won’t be happy with that, unless he’s not the mercenary we all believe that modern footballers are, maybe he buys into the project, who knows.

But the future of the starting 11 lays elsewhere, be it Balogun or Øde when things click, but Laca being around the club should not stand in the way of their development.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We need a laca type of player but should spend a fair amount of money to upgrade him with someone younger and athletic.

Kav

Established Member
It’s funny but a 24 year old Giroud would be perfect for Arteta’s team.

Could it be that Arteta is modeling his team off the one he played in that Wenger had created?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom