• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No idea why Arteta doesn't just go Auba-Laca-Pepe when we need a goal. I mean it worked during his first few months pre-COVID and it worked in helping us win the FA Cup. Now it just ain't an option anymore. Could even play two of ESR/Saka/Ødegaard as high 8's. Im not saying it should be out default starting attack but surely a decent option for chasing games.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You guys need to stop calling for these benched players they are benched for a reason and you'll all rage harder when it doesn't come off for them.

Let Auba, Saka, ESR and Ødegaard get on with it.

TornadoTed

Established Member
You guys need to stop calling for these benched players they are benched for a reason and you'll all rage harder when it doesn't come off for them.

Let Auba, Saka, ESR and Ødegaard get on with it.
I'm not calling for Laca or Auba, I think it should be horses for courses. That sort of away game against a 3 man defence was much more suited to Laca's skill set. His hold up play and scraping ability would have made a huge difference on Saturday, the ball just didn't stick up front and kept coming back at us. On the other hand I think the Palace game next is the sort of game perfectly suited to Auba.

A good manager rotates his squad, Mikel got it right against Sp**s but I would have had Laca and Pepe for the Brighton game. Both are much stronger than the guys who played and Pepe is much better at winning headers with Ramsdale often playing long because of the weather conditions.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I'm not calling for Laca or Auba, I think it should be horses for courses. That sort of away game against a 3 man defence was much more suited to Laca's skill set. His hold up play and scraping ability would have made a huge difference on Saturday, the ball just didn't stick up front and kept coming back at us. On the other hand I think the Palace game next is the sort of game perfectly suited to Auba.

A good manager rotates his squad, Mikel got it right against Sp**s but I would have had Laca and Pepe for the Brighton game. Both are much stronger than the guys who played and Pepe is much better at winning headers with Ramsdale often playing long because of the weather conditions.
Unless injuries force our hand I strongly believe Laca and Pepe should be left out of it going forward, but that's just my opinion.

It's not like anyone wants to see it and win or lose, Saka and ESR might as well develop - I think that's the whole point of this season anyways.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For the Palace match, I wouldn't mind starting...

Partey
ESR-Ødegaard
Saka-Laca-Auba​

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s a striker that can score a half chance that can get the ball rolling. Like yesterday, had Brighton conceded after having so much of the game their heads would probably have dropped, left more space and we may have run out easy winners. He’s creative as well so there’s that. I rate all our forwards but he has to play at the expense of either Aubameyang or the central creator. Laca breaks the deadlock. Fairly sure we’ll see him start against Palace.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'd like to see Laca get a start as well. Not because I'm an Auba hating super troll, but because I generally think we play better as a team when he does.

Let him have a go up front and bring Auba off the bench for a change. See how it works. Maybe mix things up a bit - drop Ode to the bench as well, have ESR central and Pepe / Saka up top

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I'm a fan of Laca but is there really that much of an upside instead of playing him instead of the captain? I'd say there's a marginal improvement in general play and some look a bit better with Lacazette (ESR in particular).

Auba in the right mood gets you explosive returns though and I think Arteta is playing this one correct I'm not gonna lie. If we're not committed to utilising Auba to his fullest in all matches then he should have never have been given that contract.

OSBK

Established Member
I'm a fan of Laca but is there really that much of an upside instead of playing him instead of the captain? I'd say there's a marginal improvement in general play and some look a bit better with Lacazette (ESR in particular).

Auba in the right mood gets you explosive returns though and I think Arteta is playing this one correct I'm not gonna lie. If we're not committed to utilising Auba to his fullest in all matches then he should have never have been given that contract.

Agree 100%.

I do think a different manager gets that forward line to work.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Always glad to see Laca doing well. Underrated by AM, but what else is new? :shivering:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This guy is the enemy of Arsenal football club. Nowhere to be seen when we actually need him but then scores a goal which is to the clubs detriment. Nothing sums up our last 5 years like this guy does and the position we find ourselves in.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's so much better suited to Arteta's deathball as our striker, than Auba (ridiculous that Mikel can't tweak his system, for a striker like Auba though) do not give me a new deal, but he should be starting more for us.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Bet Arteta gonna start him and Auba together next game and they will look awful. Nothing really works for us, doesn't matter what formation or lineup we play

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Good game but still shouldn't start. Best used as super sub. He won't play like this if he plays full 90 and will just get tired by 50 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom