• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorstares

Giroud has the linkup and would make the crossing tactic viable, but carry the whole attack like Laca sometimes manages to do? Not really. The Laca effect is way too noticeable on the rest of the attackers, it is night and day difference as shown whenever Ødegaard is subbed on. Giroud just doesn't do that.

Someone here long ago claimed Arteta pretty much needs Benzema to solve that puzzle. That's why I'm not really looking forward to when we finally downgrade on Laca and our world class finisher to get what would probably be two Willians.

mirrorstares

When the goal happened he was part of the play in midfield that released Tierney for him to make that cross, basically he and Ødegaard exchanged places.

But Ødegaard offered very little defensive wise as a midfielder so Laca had to take care of that and as a result was never near the box. Martinelli being hopeless as usual and Ødegaard being invisible beyond the couple of good balls he passed early in the second half meant Lacazette spent more time fouling, disrupting Everton play and ****housing than being anywhere near what he should have done as a CF

So yeah, garbage, but he did what this team needed under the circumstances. Case in point he goes out and suddenly Everton feel confident enough to feel they can win the game and score even more goals. As usual without him we just become a very beatable side.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
just painful to watch man.. Did he get a touch in their box, or even in the final third at all lol.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's a number 9 that's a prowling, linking midfielder. It's not sustainable and will have to be ripped up in six months anyway. He's nowhere near the goal anymore and we only have ESR as a regular goal threat lately. I think Lokonga might have been coached for this non scoring midfield link play role. He helps and limits us in equal measure

Pop Tart

Established Member
Always been garbage, he just runs around a lot,fouls and does not shoot. A typical game from him.

Makes him a starter for some on here...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He is sooooo finished man.

Obviously Arteta tax too but he doesn’t even look like a striker playing out of position. Just looks like an average attacking mid who has lost all athleticism.

Constantly tries clever things that he doesn’t have the ability to execute and never shoots either. Not sure what he is at this point.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The guy looks done. It's just sad to watch.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Thought he would push himself like Auba and Özil did just before the new contract and "retire" once it's signed.

blaze_of_glory

Would be great if we could re-sign him and keep him around in a back up role to a new no. 1 striker. He seems to do well when coming in after not playing and we could use his leadership with the young players for a while longer I think.

mirrorstares

Nice goal, not his best performance though

Ruined a couple of chances and his dark arts didn't work, doubt it will improve if he keeps having to get away from the box so many times every single game.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Nice goal, not his best performance though

Ruined a couple of chances and his dark arts didn't work, doubt it will improve if he keeps having to get away from the box so many times every single game.
This
Good finish but meh otherwise.. Will continue to start few more games based on this

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He could've got hattrick don't understand why he afraid to shot you 1v1 against what the reason of extra touch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would be great if we could re-sign him and keep him around in a back up role to a new no. 1 striker. He seems to do well when coming in after not playing and we could use his leadership with the young players for a while longer I think.

Only way I can see us keeping him, is if we convince Auba to leave next summer and not see out his last year here.

Fabregasm

Do not see him as the man to lead us beyond next season but he will be key for this season. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of motivated performances since he's due for new contract so he's absolutely driven for his last paycheck regardless of where it is. Game over on his work rate if he signs anything with us I suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom