• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Auba on the left wing, and I still think he'll be wasted there.
I disagree with that, but it's all good. If he bulks up a bit next season, he will definitely trouble defenders more in this league from whatever position he'll be played in.
Honestly from watching Laca here , seems to me he likes dropping deeper and linking . Whereas Auba cleverly refuses to come to the ball always stretching the play .
That's because of our p*ss poor service. He was a fox in the box for Lyon while here he gets frustrated waiting for the ball to get to him, so he'll drop to get it himself. Hopefully he'll benefit from Miki's arrival, who's a more direct player.
Auba was never a very physical player to begin with, so he stays in his position waiting for a pass that most of the time comes too late or ignores his run.
He'll eventually drop as well, but it's more of a shallow press.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Griezmann is going to Barcelona. If you want to use Lacazette in a deal for an Atleti player, Oblak or Gimenez would be better imo.
Oh no, looks like I have to prepare to hate Griezmann. Never liked his stupid hot line bling celly anyway.

I’d only sell Lacazette to get a better fitting strike partner for Auba thats all. But maybe we should wait to see them play together for a while next season.

I actually dont want to sell Lacazette now. I just know if we sell him in the summer Wenger is gonna buy that tall plan b striker. And that is just not what I want to see from us when we play football.

Zaza

If the rumors of our transfer budget is true, then it's best we sell him. Promote Nketiah and get a youngish target man. I want him to stay as I think he can do a job if used correctly. Look at Salah at Liverpool...never scored more than 15 goals yet he's already on 28 at March. Klopp had a plan and used him in a system that suits him to the T. Laca is a great finisher with good technical ability. Wouldn't surprise me if he thrived under a manager like Klopp, Sarri or Allegri.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We'd get less than half we paid for him if we sell him now. Unless you just want to cut your losses. Nketiah should be getting matches till the end of the season now.

Newchange

Still feels strange that we have BOTH Auba & Laca on our books. Been linked to these guys for years. Im still wondering if we got them cause no one else wants them or we got them as a sign of a new era and more big names to come?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Still feels strange that we have BOTH Auba & Laca on our books. Been linked to these guys for years. Im still wondering if we got them cause no one else wants them or we got them as a sign of a new era and more big names to come?
Wreaks of another **** up. Why have we spent 50m+ on two strikers when we play one + have a poor keeper/defence/midfield.

Our signings always need the caveat of being made available & bigger clubs have passed. How they fit in here or complement teammates way down the list.

Zaza

More of the former. From the comments coming from the club, it looks like we're going back to the austerity era. We have just 70m plus sales to spend on transfers if we qualify for the ucl.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Giroud...17 goals in 47 matches Season 1
Lacazette is 9 in 27 matches.

Giroud has the better strike rate.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
More of the former. From the comments coming from the club, it looks like we're going back to the austerity era. We have just 70m plus sales to spend on transfers if we qualify for the ucl.
I don't think we ever left the austerity era and doubt we ever will. We will always be a selling club under Stan.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

That’s the supposed budget if we qualify for the Europa league, not champions league. You can add another £30m if we make champions league.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Auba + Laca can work up front imo. Go 3 at the back, use the mobility of the front 3 to drift around and get Ramsey pushing on in support.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He'll come back stronger. Hopefully he has the desire to prove doubters wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom