• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
His lack of pace has been the biggest surprise for me this season, genuinely thought he was a lot quicker than that. Youtube and FIFA games sold me dreams on this guy.

Genuine question, is he even quicker than Giroud was?

Please tell me that’s not actually a genuine question? :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Small pitch, **** opposition defence, just spoke to my sauce in Jamaica, rumours of a hattrick for Lacazette on Sunday. Blimey.

say yes

forum master baiter
Signing a player, starting him in nearly every game, helping him to start games for France, constantly praising him etc is sabotaging/destroying him?

Sabotaging is a bit strong but subbing off your record signing 70 mins into every match no matter the score/how he is performing is a **** move on Wenger’s part.

There’s a reason why the fans boo the substitution every match and it’s not because Lacazette has been playing badly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sabotaging is a bit strong but subbing off your record signing 70 mins into every match no matter the score/how he is performing is a **** move on Wenger’s part.

There’s a reason why the fans boo the substitution every match and it’s not because Lacazette has been playing badly.
Why is Wenger doing it? I think Lacazette is coming up short in fitness tests or something.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Vardy has been criticised for not being top class. Perhaps he isn't. But he has a tendency to put the ball between the three posts consistently, and that's the first thing you want from a striker.
His record is 1 in 2 against the top 6 teams, whilst he’s been in the PL.

say yes

forum master baiter
Why is Wenger doing it? I think Lacazette is coming up short in fitness tests or something.

At its heart I really think it’s as simple as Wenger rating Sanchez/Özil above Lacazette, thus Laca being the body to give way whenever there was an attacking sub. Plus Wenger always phases in new players slow.

More recently I get the impression that Lacazette is also still carrying that groin injury, but haven’t really seen anything on the pitch that suggests that his stamina is an issue yet.

We’ll get a better indication over the next six months but my hunch would be once Sanchez is gone that Lacazette will be getting 90 mins much more regularly.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

If he's coming short in fitness tests after being here for months, what does that say about our fitness coaches?

Stop going in circles and just admit that he's been mismanaged just like those others before him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah I hate to go all 'told you so' but I did right from the start. The man has no pace. Fans really really wanted a quick CF after Giroud and for long they saw one. Some still do.

Don't know if anyone has played FM but I'd give him 11-12 in pace, maybe 13-14 in acceleration. Average at best, his physical attributes.

I warned as well from the get go about Lacazette. Has always been a meh signing for me.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he's coming short in fitness tests after being here for months, what does that say about our fitness coaches?

Stop going in circles and just admit that he's been mismanaged just like those others before him.

I think both of you are going in circles, Wenger taking him off around 70 minutes is not good but that's no indication to say Wenger is mismanaging him and destroying his career. Hyperbolic stuff.

He consistently start our games but apparently not the dream - super lethal turn every pass to goal - striker we all thought he would be.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He consistently start our games but apparently not the dream - super lethal turn every pass to goal - striker we all thought he would be.

If he was a "dream - super lethal turn every pass to goal - striker" he would have been more expensive than Lukaku and Morata....... why did you think we were able to sign him in the first place?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Mourinho is the last person I'd ask to evaluate a talent. This is the man who sold Coutinho and De Bruyne for cheap.

I'm certain that he'd have scored more goals than Lukaku if he was at Utd today.

Mourinho is one of the best managers ever when it comes to identifying what his team needs and going out and getting it. He's a nightmare for cultivating young talent but his record of assembling teams for win-now scenarios is almost unmatched. Yes, he does spend a lot of money but that kind of underlines my point here: Even he didn't find Lacazette good enough to win here and now, and Laca is in his prime.

The man has an almost spotless record of taking over teams and turning them into instant title contenders. He's even done it twice with Chelsea. He's absolutely the man I'd ask if I wanted an opinion on a player's ability here and now.

As I said, awful for long-term success and helping young talent grow. But you'd struggle to find a better short-term squad builder than Mourinho.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he was a "dream - super lethal turn every pass to goal - striker" he would have been more expensive than Lukaku and Morata....... why did you think we were able to sign him in the first place?
missing the point there scythe, I mean people here are saying his career is being destroyed by Wenger cause he took him of on 70 minutes mark and being mismanaged cause he doesn't look as dangerous as he was in Ligue-1.
well, during those 70 minutes he really hasn't shown himself as the "dream super lethal" player wasn't he?
Does he deserve to be taken of almost every game? probably not.
Does he set the world alight during those 70 minutes? Not quite either.

A lot of hyperbolic being thrown around in this thread. That's what I am saying

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho is the last person I'd ask to evaluate a talent. This is the man who sold Coutinho and De Bruyne for cheap.

I'm certain that he'd have scored more goals than Lukaku if he was at Utd today.
A big difference in judging twenty year old players with potential and a 26 year old with over 200 senior games under his belt, including games for the French national team.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
At its heart I really think it’s as simple as Wenger rating Sanchez/Özil above Lacazette, thus Laca being the body to give way whenever there was an attacking sub. Plus Wenger always phases in new players slow.

More recently I get the impression that Lacazette is also still carrying that groin injury, but haven’t really seen anything on the pitch that suggests that his stamina is an issue yet.

We’ll get a better indication over the next six months but my hunch would be once Sanchez is gone that Lacazette will be getting 90 mins much more regularly.
We won't have many players left the way we're going, he'll be forward and midfield that's why he's being subbed, keep his strength up. Never mind Lacagoals, what about lacaplayers?

Malky

Established Member
Was Lacazette a player signed by Wenger? Beginning to think he was signed without Wengers say on it. I've never seen Wenger use a record signing like this before, dropping him for big games, taking him off at the 70th min mark every week, etc. Either that or Wenger is genuinely disappointed with how he's performing, as am I! He's an average striker for me, nothing special.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I heard a striker talking on the radio and he said he would be annoyed being hauled off at the 70th minute every match as you wear the defence down and just as they're getting tired, you can't take advantage of it. Whether he would or not remains to be seen, but it makes sense.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I heard a striker talking on the radio and he said he would be annoyed being hauled off at the 70th minute every match as you wear the defence down and just as they're getting tired, you can't take advantage of it. Whether he would or not remains to be seen, but it makes sense.
Saw a post earlier in this thread about how a great percentage of Laca's goals came in the last 20 minutes of a match. It is as if our Manager has never seen this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom