• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

Unless it happened in the last few days, that might explain why he's barely been moving in some games like Bournemouth away. He's been carrying an injury and now's a good time to sort it before the World Cup.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How many of our players are currently getting pretty relentless abuse on social media etc? Lacazette, Xhaka, Iwobi, Bellerin? That looks like more than an isolated case to me, it looks like a trend. A few of them have visibly come out and said it's getting to them. It wouldn't surprise me if within the squad there are frequent conversations about abuse from fans.
Not convinced many operate their own on a daily basis.

Always interesting to compare the accounts to other players at the same agency or of the same nationality in the same foreign league. Often remarkably similar!

Just usually an image, random hashtag & very few words posted now. Very different from posted just a couple of years ago.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not convinced many operate their own on a daily basis.

Always interesting to compare the accounts to other players at the same agency or of the same nationality in the same foreign league. Often remarkably similar!

Just usually an image, random hashtag & very few words now.

That's completely irrelevant. The point is that the vast majority of players look at social media in one form or another. Even if some of them have someone managing their twitter account, they are still aware of and absorbing abuse from fans.

How many of our current squad do the fans openly embrace and show love to? A few for sure; Jack, Özil etc. But not enough.

I don't think it's a unique problem at Arsenal, I imagine to happens at other big clubs also. But still, the toxicity at Arsenal is in part down to the fans too, not just the club.

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On Laca's injury; I think confidence and also the team dynamic has played a big part in his lack of form, but it makes a lot of sense if he's been carrying an injury too. He's been playing well within himself.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
This club is trolling.

Selling Giroud, buying a cup-tied striker that can't play in only competition which can grant us a CL spot while knowing our only real striker is playing through injury. Can't make it up.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Something has been completely, utterly off with this guy for the last two months or so. Body language is totally different to the start of the season.

Maybe he and Giroud were lovers?

And so the mystery is solved

I hope at least one person who has been ripping him to bits has a word with themselves (not just here, people in general, several TV pundits included)

I doubt it though.

My initial theory never made sense as he could have popped over to Girouds house anytime
:)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The 'ongoing' issue sounds bullshit unless we are really stupid enough to sell Giroud in full knowledge.

How many of our current squad do the fans openly embrace and show love to? A few for sure; Jack, Özil etc. But not enough.
Probably a mix of fans viewing social media as a marketing/pr tool & a growing disconnect to the Arsenal players... We have had such a high turn over in recent years no real attachment to many.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Oh well that a big problem now. Welbeck is not going to be 100% fit so we are in big trouble.

See you in march laca

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Welbeck and Nketiah our only striker options for Europa now. Shouldn't matter this round and hopefully we'll get a favorable draw in the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom