• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Aubameyang has all the great abilities that if he didn’t perform well, we knew he is just having an unfortunate time.
Whereas lacazette only has great finishing, good pace, but nothing else, we kind of expected he is going to be an above average striker. So it doesn’t count as a drop of form when he doesn’t perform, since his average performance is a true reflection of his average ability.

My comment was tongue in cheek pal but saying that you know as well as I do there is a whole squad of auba haters juat waiting.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
How is lacazette good on the ball?
Let me name some player who’s actually good on the ball: Hleb, Van Persie, Nasri, Cazorla...the list can go on but lacazette will not be on it
And for some people mentioned about his movement, I would say it’s not bad, but it’s not good either. Surely if his movement was that good, we wouldn’t see welbeck getting into dangerous areas and keep wasting our chances. Lacazette would’ve get into the position of welbeck instead in the first place.
In terms of movement, he is very far from cavani’s or muller’s standard.

Last edited by a moderator:

say yes

forum master baiter
And for some people mentioned about his movement, I would say it’s not bad, but it’s not good either. Surely if his movement was that good, we wouldn’t see welbeck getting into dangerous areas and keep wasting our chances. Lacazette would’ve get into the position of welbeck instead in the first place.
In terms of movement, he is very far from cavani’s or muller’s standard.

Second bit of that argument is shocking. So much of good movement is about opening up space for others to exploit.

Lacazette’s movement and interplay is great. His problem is the lack of any defining physical characteristic.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lacazette’s movement and interplay is great. His problem is the lack of any defining physical characteristic.
Ive thought about this a lot and I don't think it will hold him back. He could be bigger and faster, but it hasn't stopped him scoring lots of goals. I see no reason why he can't produce the numbers he got in France. He's doing all the same things but the numbers haven't come. I'm convinced they will.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Come on, it was crap. Make a combined 11/squad and you easily have most players from this season. Özil, Lacazette, Alexis, Iwobi, Giroud, Walcott vs. Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla, Walcott, Gervinho, Park... :lol::lol::lol:Probably missed some. Would have Özil alone over that lot.

The table does lie, teams at the top were worse then. We were just as bad in the league then until Wenger decided to take a pragmatic approach, which saw us unbeaten for the last 10 games or so. Could still happen this season as well given our upcoming fixtures, but we have EL to worry about tho.

We lost with our 'best' player Cazorla against Bradford ffs. This team won the FA Cup just last season, and is in another Cup final.

Can't believe I'm actually having to say this. You cannot be serious mate, that team was ****ing ****.

You don't need to down that road to defend Lacazette, he has been fine and better than Giroud was in his first season. Easily in fact, however it is clear that Giroud is better suited to the PL because of his physical attributes, big and strong. Hit his head and the ball goes towards goal. Lacazette has zero physical attributes that make him special, which is a problem. If he can adapt and be more agressive, he can be very useful for us.
It's not to defend him. It's just facts.

The point you make about the combined XI for me just sums up Wenger's decline more than anything, that's not a Lacazette defence. That's just a fact (to me).

That team was relatively better which in my understanding means that Giroud played in a better team. If we finish this season with a better points total than that team then I'll take that back.

Anyway that's a sidetrack tbh, what should matter is if Giroud at Lacazette's age played in a better attack than Lacazette. I won't look up the stats but I'm sure we scored more away goals than we do now (we're currently at something insanely terrible like 14 goals in 13 games). The home stats aren't worth considering because Lacazette has a better than 1 in 2 record at home apparently.

And that's my point really. In normal conditions Lacazette has performed well. But how can people compare him to Giroud who's never been our starting striker in an away attack that's so toothless.

ptrcopp

Lacazette was fantastic when he first joined ffs. :lol: He was a clear level above where he has been recently. Yeah he didn't score every game, but his link up play, work rate and movement were all great. I was so surprised he had more than finishing in his locker, the lad had barely played with this squad also. He wanted the ball all the time but rarely got it and he's playing with one of the worst defences I've seen at Arsenal which puts far more pressure on him.

Girouds hold up play is so so overrated, I've commented before that I even think Lacazette is better in that department.

Anyway, let's judge him at the end of the season if he can get back to 100%. We're lucky to have him in our squad ffs.

I was similarly surprised too.There was a game, can’t remember which, where he brought the ball down from a long ball and started to dribble at the Defender before holding it up and laying it off.
I had even forgot I thought this - great post

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
people criticise this guy for the Sp**s game misses but one of those chances was very difficult (volley) and one he made by himself virtually and showed a lot of strength and perseverance to get through. Think he will be a top player for us and deserves support, reminds me of my avatar in fact.
A new manager and different approach would show different results with this guy like a lot of others in our team. Just like sadly its showing already for Giroud at Chelsea and others who have left recently. Just play to peoples strength ffs, I dont think a lot of players deserve the criticism they are getting.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Lacazette was fantastic when he first joined ffs. :lol: He was a clear level above where he has been recently.

Not sure about that, IMHO he's performing about the same recently as he has been early in the season. Every game you expect a few brilliant moments from him but nothing more than that. It's just that luck was on his side early on the season and now the goals that was going in weren't anymore.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about that, IMHO he's performing about the same recently as he has been early in the season. Every game you expect a few brilliant moments from him but nothing more than that. It's just that luck was on his side early on the season and now the goals that was going in weren't anymore.

Never read so much rubbish in my life pal. :lol:

Zaza

How is lacazette good on the ball?
Let me name some player who’s actually good on the ball: Hleb, Van Persie, Nasri, Cazorla...the list can go on but lacazette will not be on it
Lacazette IS good on the ball. I'm not saying he's supreme on it, but for a striker he is great on the ball. Better than Giroud in that aspect. Laca problem is physical. Simple as that. He would thrive in LA liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom