• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Im not saying he's Messi but in the few games I've seen him play for us

Strong on the ball
Good link up
Good movement
Good work rate/nicks the ball from opp
Clinical shooting

What in the name of all that is holy is there not to like?????

say yes

forum master baiter
Even though Giroud has proved he can contribute goals from the bench? It keeps Laca fresh too.

Don't forget it's a World Cup year. Both strikers need as many minutes as possible.

Lacazette is already fresh. What he needs is as many Arsenal minutes (and goals) as possible.

If we're winning - good, keep Lacazette out there and give him the time to gel with his new team.

If we're losing - you don't take off your best CF. Put Giroud on alongside Lacazette, it looked great against Leicester.

Unfortunately Wenger will keep his golden boys (Sanchez and Özil) on the pitch at all costs, which means the other forward in our attack is going to miss out if Wenger is insistent on giving Giroud some sympathy minutes every game. Lacazette is already visibly pissed off and I don't blame him.

coolaa

This guy definitely is a great finisher. Even though his goal against stoke was disallowed, but it showed his composure and all goals he scored so far were skilled and well taken (no deflection or Welbeck-shoulder header style). Looks like a 30 league goals+ player to me given 30 league starting and Özil/Sanchez to start.

cloista

For all the talk of his style being akin to Wrighty and Wiltord, while he is mobile I'd not call him a 'runner'. He finds pockets of space due to good movement and then it's all about technique. He actually reminds me more of Bergkamp's first few seasons here when he played more as a goal scorer than a creator. Having someone running off him (Alexis/Welbeck/even Theo) actually makes the 2AM-1FC more akin to 1AM-2FC which I think suits him, and Özil, better. It explains why the choice seems to be him OR Giroud aswell, while their strengths and style are different, they both have the same 'role' - the more measured centre forward in a pair with a more 'flash and pacey' striker.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette is already fresh. What he needs is as many Arsenal minutes (and goals) as possible.

If we're winning - good, keep Lacazette out there and give him the time to gel with his new team.

If we're losing - you don't take off your best CF. Put Giroud on alongside Lacazette, it looked great against Leicester.

Unfortunately Wenger will keep his golden boys (Sanchez and Özil) on the pitch at all costs, which means the other forward in our attack is going to miss out if Wenger is insistent on giving Giroud some sympathy minutes every game. Lacazette is already visibly pissed off and I don't blame him.

They're not sympathy minutes if Giroud is coming on an contributing, which he often does. I do agree when chasing a game it would be wise to have both Giroud and Lacazette on the pitch, and I feel as though that's what will happen.

Lacazette is still getting eased in. He will be our starting striker. You seem paranoid that Wenger will do anything to get Giroud into the team when it's clearly not the case. I know you don't rate him but relax, he's a great option to have.

say yes

forum master baiter
They're not sympathy minutes if Giroud is coming on an contributing, which he often does. I do agree when chasing a game it would be wise to have both Giroud and Lacazette on the pitch, and I feel as though that's what will happen.

Lacazette is still getting eased in. He will be our starting striker. You seem paranoid that Wenger will do anything to get Giroud into the team when it's clearly not the case. I know you don't rate him but relax, he's a great option to have.

It's more frustration with how Wenger is using Lacazette thus far than any problem with Giroud.

He's our marquee CF signing who, despite impressing, has only been given 90 mins once, was dropped for our most important game of the season, and was taken off when we were chasing a goal against Stoke.

More than happy for Giroud to get minutes - particularly as Lacazette-Giroud will probably be our best attacking combination next season, but if Wenger is insistent bringing the guy on every game then it should be Sanchez or Özil who miss out. You know the guys who don't want to be at the club and are refusing to sign new contracts.

Zaza

Didn't rate him in France and haven't seen anything that justified Arsenal fans creaming their pants over him. Very much Walcott like. Ghosting around for whole matches popping up with few goals. Meh player.

Luckily he has the adapting card on him so I give him chance but Giroud and Welbeck are both better at the moment.
Lacazette link up play and technical ability is much better than Walcott can ever dream of. He's also a better finisher than Welbeck. He's certainly impressed more than I expected and I see him getting even better with time.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nobody would have scored that from the position he was in. Initially I thought he could have taken it around the keeper, but with a burst ball he wouldn't have been able to do that and play probably would have been stopped anyway.

The only chance that he has missed so far was vs Stoke with a bad touch. If he is in a shooting position he 9/10 makes the correct choice.

The problem is that we are not creating for him. Lukaku has had over 20 shots for United. Lacazette barely receives the ball in a position to shoot and it's not due to his lack of movement. Our decision making as a team is of a very low standard.

Attacks break down or the shot is taken by the wrong person because of seriously bad decision making. Giroud could have squared for a tap in. Bellerin could have slipped Lacazette through 1 v1 with a simple pass but failed. Xhaka messed up multiple opportunities as did Kolasinac. On top of that you have Ramsey dwelling on the ball slowing attacks down and Özil being overly cautious with through balls. Only when Alexis is back and in form will we see Lacazette threaded through consistently, which is a sorry state of afairs considering that he is leaving and the next best person to do that is leaving also, with our 3rd option in Cazorla injured and our 4th in Wilshere out of favour. It seems Lacazette will be feeding off scraps.

You mentioned Lukaku had over 20 shots, but the question is, how many of those are precisely fed by his teammates? The truth is some of them are, but not many.
In fact, some of the shots are created by half chances from teammates' passes (and turn into golden chances by Lukaku). And some of the shots are created by Lukaku himself without the help of his teammates.

Lacazette is a great finisher, but he can't create goal scoring chance for himself.
Look at Suarez for instance, a couple of step overs or elasticos will position himself into a goal scoring position. Or take Lukaku as an example, he can just bump off a few defenders to achieve the same.

Lacazette on the other hand would struggle to do the same. He'll only get 2-3 chances in big games. I'm sure with his finishing quality he will have no problem bagging in 1-2 of them. But Lukaku could easily score as much by taking more shots.

In PL, a lot of teams are using a system of zonal marking+deep defensive line. It's very difficult to drag defenders out of position with just pace+movement. In order to be a top class attacking player, a combination of (skills/body strength)+pace+movement is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom