• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Arsenal supporters always want to defend their players...but come on. Let's be realistic here...Aguero is on a different level to Lacazzette. Once Lacazzete starts getting us 30 goals a season for more than 2 years in a row...then we can have a conversation about it.

It's more of a hope for optimism that we've got it right spending 52 million pounds.

Last edited:

Tywin

A good striker doesnt need to beat half a team to score does he? He just needs enough skill to get that yard necessary to get his shot off and a good shot to hit some from outside the box.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arsenal supporters always want to defend their players...but come on. Let's be realistic here...Aguero is on a different level to Lacazzette. Once Lacazzete starts getting us 30 goals a season for more than 2 years in a row...then we can have a conversation about it.

It's more of a hope for optimism that we've got it write spending 52 million pounds.
Nobody is claiming otherwise.

It is most important we see how he is going to do in big games. That is the games when we might only get few chances but we have to take them!

RoadrunnerReloaded

It's more of a hope for optimism that we've got it right spending 52 million pounds.

I said it before but it bears saying again. Your point talking about levels is truly irrelevant.

Alan Shearer was on a different level than Ian Wright and Alan Smith. That didn't stop Wright and Smith from being key players to helping us win the league!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
3 games and he is looking great! I legit believe when he is on the field and gets the ball and has the shot he will either score or test the keeper.

Zyrth

Yeah no, I don't think they are saying Laca is on the same level as Aguero. What I'm reading are the guys on here saying that there is no need for a striker to be extra "dribbly". Just have enough skills to wiggle about to create room for a shot. That is the key component to a top quality striker, which they are noting and it is evident from the games that Laca has that in his locker.

Still getting used to the pace and hardness of the PL. Obvious in all games he has played. He drops off a lot and as the game go on he hides more and more.

Wenge right to sub him off today. A killer is useless with his knife. Lacazette ended the game in his shell.

Tbf as I'm always fair, I think there is more to come!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah there's definitely room for improvement and I can see him struggling in most of the big games this season, but he's had an impressive start to his career here and his work rate and link up play is a huge positive I didn't expect..

Can see him only getting better from here.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I was told he puts away shots 1 out of 2 chances. Well...he hit one on target and fluffed the other.

Giroud would have got murdered. However, I love his hustling to win the ball back.

It'd be a successful season if he gets 20 goals for us in his 1st season. Anything less and questions will be raised. Or atleast score 1 goal ever 180 minutes. That would be a good ratio.

OSBK

Established Member
I was told he puts away shots 1 out of 2 chances. Well...he hit one on target and fluffed the other.

Giroud would have got murdered. However, I love his hustling to win the ball back.

It'd be a successful season if he gets 20 goals for us in his 1st season. Anything less and questions will be raised. Or atleast score 1 goal ever 180 minutes. That would be a good ratio.

Has there ever been a striker with a 50% conversion rate? Someone saying he only needs 1 or 2 chances to score does not work in reality.

Agree 20 prem goals should be his target but I would expect 30 in all comps.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Was feeding off scraps tbh. Didn't get a clear sight on goal even once. And the Ramsey rebound was tough, with the ball coming back at him at an awkward angle.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly don't think it was that bad a miss, it comes at him so fast and he just snatches at it. Yes Giroud would have got slaughtered but it would have been typical overreaction.

It did get big on him quite quickly and it didn't really rebound towards him, the leg was more instinction.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Let's be honest, if Giroud misses that chance then 100 pages would be added to his thread before midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom