• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have a lot of respect for Giroud but I don't understand why they can't change the way they play a little to accomodate one of the world's top strikers.
Giroud would just change his own style to compensate. Dude's a bloody do-it-all ;)

Joking aside, I think Giroud does not have the same effect for NT anyway. They would be much better with Laca's presence.

And Yes, they should be able to make the few minor adjustments to adjust for Laca.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I still can't get my head around all the early Laca hate. It just didn't seem to be based on anything tangible at all, the lad had barely even kicked a ball for us and a swarm of people had "bad feels" about him.

Just a bad case of PGSD I guess. (Post Giroud Stress Disorder)

Last edited:

Stannis

Do explain. Laca has been the better of the two so far this season. I'm not at all worried about PEA but his start to the season was nowhere near as thrilling as Laca's has been in spite of being played ahead of him at the beginning...

Small sample size

As a team we are better off but from an individual perspective Aubameyang would be more lethal upfront

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Small sample size

As a team we are better off but from an individual perspective Aubameyang would be more lethal upfront
I'm not so sure he would, necessarily. He's banged in many from the wing and struggled completely at the beginning of the season when he was up front. You're basing this off what exactly? His performances for Dortmund?
When up front he relies on balls to run onto but we don;t play that way anymore. He has much more space on the wing to work his magic and run at people. His strength isn't as great as Laca's and he's less inclined to link the play up. I think as it stands, both individually and for the team, Emery has got it spot on.
I will add though that as teams work us out and employ new tactics against us, the switch around may be perfectly necessary and you will in that instance be proven 100% correct. But Emery will be a step ahead.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
I think is more Auba accommodating Lacca

Nopes, Auba and Laca both auditioned for the role, and Laca simply blew him away. Auba is accomodating this reality and kudos to him for it, but no striker gives up the #9 slot just like that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Nopes, Auba and Laca both auditioned for the role, and Laca simply blew him away. Auba is accomodating this reality and kudos to him for it, but no striker gives up the #9 slot just like that.

Laca is killing it this season - long may it continue. I was one of those that thought maybe he should be sacrificed over the summer to strengthen elsewhere but I'm very happy that didn't happen. Massively impressed with his workrate as well - was very static at the start of his arsenal career.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Agree laca is doing great tbh, auba is the better goalscorer though. One more even though hes playing on the wing, or maybe because hes playing on the wing. Laca better all around at 9 so far att least.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Worth mentioning though that operating from wide is not unfamiliar to Auba. He did it for a couple of years at Dortmund while Lewa was still there and he still got his goals. I keep hearing people suggest he's being forced into making some kind of sacrifice but he's playing in basically the same area Henry scored 200+ goals from here. It's not like he's playing left back. He's just drifting in from wide while Laca does the dirty work occupying the CBs(something Auba doesn't appear to enjoy by the way). He looks better operating out there than he does by himself as the 9 and they both appear to be enjoying their football. Right now their positions are best for both the team and individual.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Worth mentioning though that operating from wide is not unfamiliar to Auba. He did it for a couple of years at Dortmund while Lewa was still there and he still got his goals. I keep hearing people suggest he's being forced into making some kind of sacrifice but he's playing in basically the same area Henry scored 200+ goals from here. It's not like he's playing left back. He's just drifting in from wide while Laca does the dirty work occupying the CBs(something Auba doesn't appear to enjoy by the way). He looks better operating out there than he does by himself as the 9 and they both appear to be enjoying their football. Right now their positions are best for both the team and individual.
Plus he seems happy. Both Laca and PEA seem really thrilled to be here and they just seem to hype each other up more and more. We've got a special partnership here!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think Laca would also be very good in a position Ramsey is currently playing. He offers a lot more than just goals, I think his hold up play is brilliant and he could adjust to that role like Rooney did later in his ManU career. That would require 2 new wingers (or one new and Özil wide) in the team and shifting Auba back to CF.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think Laca would also be very good in a position Ramsey is currently playing. He offers a lot more than just goals, I think his hold up play is brilliant and he could adjust to that role like Rooney did later in his ManU career. That would require 2 new wingers (or one new and Özil wide) in the team and shifting Auba back to CF.
Agree with this in theory but I think he'd lack some of the tight dribbling ability needed.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Agree with this in theory but I think he'd lack some of the tight dribbling ability needed.
That's why I've said 2 new wingers should come in and they would provide service for Auba and Laca (in that case he would be some kind of shadow striker). This would be bad for Özil as it's already the case in our current setup.
If we would have 2 players on the wings that can cross and dribble, 2 top CF's that we already have in the box, and Torreira Guenduzi to organize game, I really think we would score most goals in PL.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I was one of those that thought maybe he should be sacrificed over the summer to strengthen elsewhere but I'm very happy that didn't happen.
Me too even though I was a fan of him.

Looking at Emery’s history and how rarely two upfront works at the highest level I was reluctantly happy to sell him to get an elite wide player. He’s responded to us signing Auba in the best way possible, what a guy.

HBL

Established Member
Me too even though I was a fan of him.

Looking at Emery’s history and how rarely two upfront works at the highest level I was reluctantly happy to sell him to get an elite wide player. He’s responded to us signing Auba in the best way possible, what a guy.
Monaco, Barca, Real, Juve and Atletico Madrid have all used 442 regularly over the last couple of seasons.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Monaco, Barca, Real, Juve and Atletico Madrid have all used 442 regularly over the last couple of seasons.
You’ve replied to that post just to correct me haven’t you? Picked out one sentence in a decent sized post praising Lacazette and his attitude. :lol:

When I said two upfront doesn’t work at the highest level I had in mind a flat 442 – which you figured out somehow you psychic – and it really doesn’t. I think Atletico are the only team in your list who have made 442 their bread and butter.

A lot of the top sides when they do play two upfront tend to maintain midfield numbers by going three at the back or relying on fullbacks for width.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom