• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

Auba has the best movement in the league. I agree that he doesn't score goals with his pace, its his superb movement that does the job.

Best movement how? His back to the ball? Off ball movement? All I am seeing on tape is a cat who gets bullied off and on the ball and EPL defenders seem to caught wind of that. Try bullying Laca off the ball and see what happens.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We are much more limited when playing Auba

If he doesnt score he is more of a passanger

Even when Laca doesnt score he is involved

I agree with all that but even when they do start together it doesnt seem to work, that is why I think Laca could be sold in the summer. Would you rather sell Auba?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I agree with all that but even when they do start together it doesnt seem to work, that is why I think Laca could be sold in the summer. Would you rather sell Auba?
Why exactly can't Lacazette and Aubameyang play together?

Last season they played together in 5 games, resulting in 4 wins and 1 loss(all those games were with weakened teams too as we were focusing on Europa). In those games:

Auba:
4 goals
3 assists

Laca:
5 goals
1 assist

So in 5 games they combined for 9 goals and 4 assists.

This season they've played together in 15 games resulting in 9 wins 3 losses 3 draws (2 of those losses were the first 2 games). In those games this is their stats:

Auba:
7 Goals
1 Assist

Laca:
3 Goals
3 assists

so 10 goals 4 assists in 15 games combined.
These stats are just from when both of them are on the pitch playing together .

If you only look at when they both started:

17/18 started together 3 times won 2 lost 1(newcastle weakened team).
18/19 started together 8 times won 5 draw 3 lost 0

The numbers show they are not a liability together, in fact we are better when both of them are on the pitch.. Subjectively I think we look more threathening when both of them are playing together too.
This was before the Burnley, Brighton and Fulham games where they started together and scored so the record would be even better

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s a quality striker- it’s clear where his strengths lie.

For me, I feel like it’s too much hard work for him to score goals ATM. With his finishing he should have more than 7 league goals- though that’s not exactly a shocking return.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Auba is older and more reliant on speed

Speed can vanish quite quickly and when it is your best tool...

So Yeah I guess if we had to sell

But I dont want to

I want to find a way for both to play

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's not reliant on pace.
Auba is fascinating in the sense that he actually changed his game years earlier than many pacy strikers do. When he was young he scored a lot more through sheer pace and even though he's still rapid he really worked on his movement and positioning so that the pace is a bonus but really not a necessity for him to put up big scoring numbers. He's also brilliant in the air though the dreadful service here has not allowed him to show it. But where many strikers who are rapid find themselves in trouble when they get to his age or just beyond and they lose that yard, he's going to be fine because he's already made the adjustment before he needed to. Cristiano did the same.

hope1

But I dont want to

When have you seen Auba out pacing someone this year??

I recall none.

He is more like Inzaghi i feel.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

But I dont want to

Is this 2012? Auba hasn’t been reliant on pace since Lewa left dortmund and he played striker.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Keyword "more"

Just The threat of his pace affects defenders to
Would have been a lovely save except you went on to say..
Which deeply insinuates you believe speed is his best tool. A notion which has been well and truly put to bed here
Auba is fascinating in the sense that he actually changed his game years earlier than many pacy strikers do. When he was young he scored a lot more through sheer pace and even though he's still rapid he really worked on his movement and positioning so that the pace is a bonus but really not a necessity for him to put up big scoring numbers. He's also brilliant in the air though the dreadful service here has not allowed him to show it. But where many strikers who are rapid find themselves in trouble when they get to his age or just beyond and they lose that yard, he's going to be fine because he's already made the adjustment before he needed to. Cristiano did the same.
Couldn't put it better than this..

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Would have been a lovely save except you went on to say..

Which deeply insinuates you believe speed is his best tool. A notion which has been well and truly put to bed here

Couldn't put it better than this..

Even if he doesnt use it it can be his best tool

Even if it is due to his movement he gets his goals his potential for speed affects the defenders, it is something they have to take into a count when lining up against him.

If that speed goes away and People know that they can defend differently and thus hamper his movement more

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If that speed goes away and People know that they can defend differently and thus hamper his movement more
So people don't know they can defend differently for CR7?
What are you on about? Have you ever played in defence? The whole point of altering and adapting your movement is to fool the defender. A player with clever movement doesn't need speed because he has beaten his opponent by out thinking him. YOUTUBE Cesc beating Willian and Pedro for speed. All based on his movement and clever thinking.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He’s a quality striker- it’s clear where his strengths lie.

For me, I feel like it’s too much hard work for him to score goals ATM. With his finishing he should have more than 7 league goals- though that’s not exactly a shocking return.
9 in 27 is sh*t, especially with everyone praising him as a world class striker. Imagine if he was our only striker. Jesus.

Auba has almost scored twice his goals.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
9 in 27 is sh*t, especially with everyone praising him as a world class striker. Imagine if he was our only striker. Jesus.

Auba has almost scored twice his goals.
He's quality player, not necessarily great poacher.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He's quality player, not necessarily great poacher.
a striker going for 12 goals in a PL campain will never be good enough quality for me. Giroud did that or better basically every pl season. And he's not a quality striker either.

Also, scoring many goals does not mean you are a poacher.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So people don't know they can defend differently for CR7?
What are you on about? Have you ever played in defence? The whole point of altering and adapting your movement is to fool the defender. A player with clever movement doesn't need speed because he has beaten his opponent by out thinking him. YOUTUBE Cesc beating Willian and Pedro for speed. All based on his movement and clever thinking.

Nah, just Google Pires compilations. Better nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom