• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
not sure that is excuse enough. A good striker will get the goals.
Laca got 14 goals in 32 games last season and aubameyang got 10 goals in 13 games.

Auba clearly outscoring him byt quite a bit this season too.

Same players supporting them.

He is not scoring enough for me.

Reason auba is world class and laca is not. If laca just gets more goals he will undoubtly be world class. But it is way too important to overlook.
You don't actually read others posts do you? Cause if you did you would see how flawed your argument is.
Laca and Auba are not playing in front of the same players than Giroud or each other. They are also not playing for the same manager anymore. They are also not playing in the same system as Giroud did.
Your whole argument is absolutely irrelevant and deeply flawed.

You clearly don't watch the games well either because if you did you would agree that other than Auba's knack for getting goals, overall, Laca is the MUCH better player and we play better with him in the side. That is blatantly obvious.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I've just showed you that Giroud mainly started in his time here. He was not a super sub until his final season here. Check the stats he was one of our most played players.
No idea what you're on about. You even went on to admit Giroud got way more time on the pitch. You've contradicted yourself.
No, TWO of the seasons giroud was here he played more minutes is what i was saying, read more carefully. Also I am talking minutes played. You obviously do not know what you are talking about since i've checked the facts before i wrote just in case i was wrong, which you clearly have not.

You copy pasted how many times he was subbed on before, and four of the seasons he was subbed on many times: 15, 18, 12, 10.(Source, your messege) Check how many minutes he played those seasons.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

You don't actually read others posts do you? Cause if you did you would see how flawed your argument is.
Laca and Auba are not playing in front of the same players than Giroud or each other. They are also not playing for the same manager anymore. They are also not playing in the same system as Giroud did.
Your whole argument is absolutely irrelevant and deeply flawed.

You clearly don't watch the games well either because if you did you would agree that other than Auba's knack for getting goals, overall, Laca is the MUCH better player and we play better with him in the side. That is blatantly obvious.

I was saying that Aubemayang clearly could score alot more frequently than lacazette even though they had the same service , this goes for this season and even more the last season. Auba scoring way more than giroud ever did with worse support as you said.

I am not saying laca's all around game is bad in any way. I said his goalscoring is lacluster and it is. No need to defend it, it is obvious he is scoring below par.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I hate this comparison based on pure numbers without considering the context. Lacazette has decent but not great numbers. But you have to take several factors into account.
1) Most strikers from top teams add a lot to their numbers in the last 20 minutes when their team is already in the lead and the opponents are tired. Reason is that, all the mid-table and bottom half clubs try to play for a draw initially and defend in numbers in the box. Once we get a lead, they are forced to open up leaving more space. Towards the last 20 minutes, if we have a lead, our strikers will get so many chances. But Lacazette gets substituted more often than not around 65 minutes mark.
2) I have mentioned it before. Most of Lacazette's goals have been crucial goals which have turned the matches. Most of the goals have been scored when we are down by a goal or when the scores are tied thereby changing the course of the match. This is a character we have lacked totally in all our players for years. We didn't have anyone who could fight hard and change the course of a match regularly.
3) When Laca and Auba play together, notice that Laca focusses more on getting to a position where he can receive the ball more easily from a mid-fielder or winger. Whereas Auba focuses on getting into goal scoring positions and relies on others to deliver the ball to him. This explains their performances. If our midfielders are having a bad day, Auba is pretty much out of the game. When Laca and Auba play together, very often, Laca receives the ball at the edge of the box in a great position to deliver the ball to Auba who is in a great goal-scoring position.
So, Laca's contribution is lot more than just pure numbers.

Both Laca and Auba playing together is a nightmare for any defense. Two players with totally opposite/complementary skillset. Playing two strikers is only a problem for us, if they both don't track back. But we are lucky to have 2 great strikers who can track back and help the defense. If they can play together consistently, I am pretty sure that they can indeed be a legendary duo for our club.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No, TWO of the seasons giroud was here he played more minutes is what i was saying, read more carefully. Also I am talking minutes played. You obviously do not know what you are talking about since i've checked the facts before i wrote just in case i was wrong, which you clearly have not.

You copy pasted how many times he was subbed on before, and four of the seasons he was subbed on many times: 15, 18, 12, 10.(Source, your messege) Check how many minutes he played those seasons.
It is still irrelevant because it was for a different manager in a different system in front of different players...
Source.. common bloody sense

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I was saying that Aubemayang clearly could score alot more frequently than lacazette even though they had the same service , this goes for this season and even more the last season. Auba scoring way more than giroud ever did with worse support as you said.

I am not saying laca's all around game is bad in any way. I said his goalscoring is lacluster and it is. No need to defend it, it is obvious he is scoring below par.
I hate this comparison based on pure numbers without considering the context. Lacazette has decent but not great numbers. But you have to take several factors into account.
1) Most strikers from top teams add a lot to their numbers in the last 20 minutes when their team is already in the lead and the opponents are tired. Reason is that, all the mid-table and bottom half clubs try to play for a draw initially and defend in numbers in the box. Once we get a lead, they are forced to open up leaving more space. Towards the last 20 minutes, if we have a lead, our strikers will get so many chances. But Lacazette gets substituted more often than not around 65 minutes mark.
2) I have mentioned it before. Most of Lacazette's goals have been crucial goals which have turned the matches. Most of the goals have been scored when we are down by a goal or when the scores are tied thereby changing the course of the match. This is a character we have lacked totally in all our players for years. We didn't have anyone who could fight hard and change the course of a match regularly.
3) When Laca and Auba play together, notice that Laca focusses more on getting to a position where he can receive the ball more easily from a mid-fielder or winger. Whereas Auba focuses on getting into goal scoring positions and relies on others to deliver the ball to him. This explains their performances. If our midfielders are having a bad day, Auba is pretty much out of the game. When Laca and Auba play together, very often, Laca receives the ball at the edge of the box in a great position to deliver the ball to Auba who is in a great goal-scoring position.
So, Laca's contribution is lot more than just pure numbers.

Both Laca and Auba playing together is a nightmare for any defense. Two players with totally opposite/complementary skillset. Playing two strikers is only a problem for us, if they both don't track back. But we are lucky to have 2 great strikers who can track back and help the defense. If they can play together consistently, I am pretty sure that they can indeed be a legendary duo for our club.
I can't beat that response by Racing.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Tbf Lacazette is not an out and out No.9 goalscorer. He is more of a second/support striker. 10 goals + 7 assists in 28 appearances are strong numbers. A few of them came from the bench as well.
He scored 37 in 45 two seasons ago so he surely is a goalscorer. Scored over 20 season before that and over 30 season before that.

He is scoring below his ability and before he betters that i don't think he is worth being called World class. When he gets around 20 goals or more and plays as good as he has this season in PL then he will be for me.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He is scoring below his ability and before he betters that i don't think he is worth being called World class.
Yet you're calling Aubameyang world class in spite of all the missed sitters he has had? Clearly you rate strikers on their goals alone. An indictment on your football knowledge..

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I can't beat that response by Racing.
He's got a good point
" Most strikers from top teams add a lot to their numbers in the last 20 minutes when their team is already in the lead and the opponents are tired. Reason is that, all the mid-table and bottom half clubs try to play for a draw initially and defend in numbers in the box. "

Should even out though sinc he is subbed on and has more energy in the later stages of the game. Doesn't really help him with him scoring too low.

As of the rest of the post, im not saying he is a bad player in any way, i am also not saying we shouldnt play him or anything like that. I just think he is scoring too few goals. He is still a great player, but not world class imo.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I just think he is scoring too few goals..
But surely this must apply to Aubameyang as well then who has missed four or five absolute sitters this season.
As someone said in another thread. Auba should be well clear at the top of the scorers list. So is he also not quite world class until he corrects that?
Why the harshness on one player and completely different criteria for the other. Particularly when Laca offers more to the team overall?
Makes zero sense. Fanboy stuff..

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Yet you're calling Aubameyang world class in spite of all the missed sitters he has had? Clearly you rate strikers on their goals alone. An indictment on your football knowledge..
No but it's their main purpose on the field. It's like having a AM that isnt very good at passing. But he does other things.

You somehow think i dont rate him, which i do, but to be worldclass he needs to score more goals for me.

And yes, having a striker that scores 30+ or even 40 goals a season is what i call world class.

I'm sure if given the choice you would take a 30++ goals a season striker over 14 goals a season striker. Since goals is mostly want from a striker.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No but it's their main purpose on the field. It's like having a AM that isnt very good at passing. But he does other things.

You somehow think i dont rate him, which i do, but to be worldclass he needs to score more goals for me.

And yes, having a striker that scores 30+ or even 40 goals a season is what i call world class.

I'm sure if given the choice you would take a 30++ goals a season striker over 14 goals a season striker. Since goals is mostly want from a striker.
I gather you are like 14 with this understanding of world class you have.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did any pundits praise him for not diving? Could easily have gone to ground, as golden boys Kane and Salah would have.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Did any pundits praise him for not diving? Could easily have gone to ground, as golden boys Kane and Salah would have.
Thought the same thing. His whole touch, turn, touch, shoot was absolute class. Can't believe the discussions on this thread a mere two days after that event. Absolute beast.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
As for the Auba/Laca debate, Auba is world class because of the numbers he puts up. Lacazette brings something else to the game, but he does need to add goals to his game.

There's something Auba does better to be getting more goals consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom