• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
But surely this must apply to Aubameyang as well then who has missed four or five absolute sitters this season.
As someone said in another thread. Auba should be well clear at the top of the scorers list. So is he also not quite world class until he corrects that?
Why the harshness on one player and completely different criteria for the other. Particularly when Laca offers more to the team overall?
Makes zero sense. Fanboy stuff..
Aubameyang should ofcourse score the sitters and have been below his standard this season so far, still scoring 75% more goals than laca though. Auba har several world class seasons in a row before this one though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
not sure that is excuse enough. A good striker will get the goals.
Laca got 14 goals in 32 games last season and aubameyang got 10 goals in 13 games.

Auba clearly outscoring him byt quite a bit this season too.

Same players supporting them.

He is not scoring enough for me.

Reason auba is world class and laca is not. If laca just gets more goals he will undoubtly be world class. But it is way too important to overlook.
You were comparing him to Giroud though, not Aubameyang.

The fact is that when Lacazette started out last season, the team played a 3421 and the 2 behind him were changing literally every game. Can't expect him to develop an understanding with his teammates when the manager is chopping and changing from week to week. Once Aubameyang came, the Alexis situation had been resolved and the team was a bit more settled. Lacazette clearly benefitted too, considering how much better he looked when he returned from his injury.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Lacazette has really improved at Arsenal. I'm not sure how many of you saw him at Lyon before he came here, but he was a poacher more than a pure striker then. His hold up play was good, but not great, a lot of his goals were penalties, and his contributions in terms of attacking build up were miles away from what we see now.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Aubameyang should ofcourse score the sitters and have been below his standard this season so far, still scoring 75% more goals than laca though. Auba har several world class seasons in a row before this one though.

So what if Lacazette was scoring 30-40 before he came here? What do you expect, both him and Auba to score 30-40 goals here as well? They're not Messi and Suarez, and the rest of our team isn't at the level of Barcelona.

You cannot expect both to get the ridiculous numbers here as well. At Dortmund and Lyon they were the both the main men, here they have to share the duty. Laca scoring important goals against the big teams while Auba puts up exceptional numbers. Pretty great mix.

If Auba doesn't score, he offers very little, while Laca still offers great link up play.

It's pretty self-explanatory. As for your Giroud comparison, throw that in the bin and pretend you never said it.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He scored 37 in 45 two seasons ago so he surely is a goalscorer. Scored over 20 season before that and over 30 season before that.

He is scoring below his ability and before he betters that i don't think he is worth being called World class. When he gets around 20 goals or more and plays as good as he has this season in PL then he will be for me.
Since becoming a regular player for Lyon, he averaged around 21 goals per season. Without the injury he suffered he probably would have scored 20 last season. Similar rate this season as well.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Since becoming a regular player for Lyon, he averaged around 21 goals per season. Without the injury he suffered he probably would have scored 20 last season. Similar rate this season as well.

He was a kid back then and wasn't a striker. Mainly used as a winger until the 13-14 season.

He averaged more than that after that season, like 25+?

Think 20 goals per season here is a good ratio for Laca. Providing he continues his good overall play, and Auba is the main goalscorer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If Auba doesn't score, he offers very little, while Laca still offers great link up play.
@pigge this is why I question your definition of World Class.
For me a world class player offers more than just goals. There are times when you lead the game and you don't need goals but to absorb an onslaught from the opposition. A modern striker can adapt his game to be more involved in the midfield where required. Something Auba isn't as capable of.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He was a kid back then and wasn't a striker. Mainly used as a winger until the 13-14 season.

He averaged more than that after that season, like 25+?

Think 20 goals per season here is a good ratio for Laca. Providing he continues his good overall play, and Auba is the main goalscorer.
I agree. He is being used in a different role here. More of a provider than he was at Lyon because of Aubemeyang. 20 goals + 10-12 assists would be a brilliant return.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
People are twisting my words. Me bringing up Giroud was not to compare him and laca as players. It was an example to show that just because a player gets subbed doesnt mean he can't score goals. If giroud can do it, surely we should at least expect the same of laca. Nothing more, i thought it was obvious. My mistake though.

I never said, nor do i think that lacazette is not a very valuable player that makes us better. He clearly makes us a better team.
I said, for him to be a worldclass player for me, he needs to score more goals. Then everyone said that a striker does not need to score goals if he is good at link up play to be worldclass. And i don't agree with that.

I think you need to put up a decent amount of goals. And i said around 20 goals would make it okay, like i stated earlier.
As for a player offering more than goals to be world class, i disagree. If you are scoring enough goals you can be a worldclass player for me.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
People are twisting my words. Me bringing up Giroud was not to compare him and laca as players. It was an example to show that just because a player gets subbed doesnt mean he can't score goals. If giroud can do it, surely we should at least expect the same of laca. Nothing more, i thought it was obvious. My mistake though.

I never said, nor do i think that lacazette is not a very valuable player that makes us better. He clearly makes us a better team.
I said, for him to be a worldclass player for me, he needs to score more goals. Then everyone said that a striker does not need to score goals if he is good at link up play to be worldclass. And i don't agree with that.

I think you need to put up a decent amount of goals. And i said around 20 goals would make it okay, like i stated earlier.
As for a player offering more than goals to be world class, i disagree. If you are scoring enough goals you can be a worldclass player for me.
Accept your second statement. A player who scores a lots of goals(around 25 in a season) is world class. No argument.
But the first statement needs refinement. That is what myself and many of the other members are arguing about. Just because the numbers are not huge, it doesn't mean he is not world-class. If you are comparing with Giroud, please find the opponent teams and the circumstances in which Giroud scored goals and Laca scored goals. Giroud, whenever he played he played as a lone striker. Laca mostly played with Auba. Even though Auba was said to be playing on the wing, he was always there to receive the ball in the box at a much better position. Most of the times, it always made sense for Laca to pass the ball to Auba rather than go for the shot himself. That doesn't mean that Laca is not capable of crunching the numbers. He can. He raked those numbers in Lyon. Here, he just adapted his game for his team-mates. That makes him world-class.

And please stop comparing him with Giroud - The man who wasted time celebrating his equalizer against ****ing Bournemouth because he practiced the scorpion kick celebration the previous night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom