• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
The problem is called Emery not coaching well the team atm... but one random guy says the problem is the CF lol...the position who is most dependent of the whole system in terms of creating chances... teams creates chances for the strikers... did you know that random guy with no proper acknowledge of football?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yes, let's forget about the 84 minutes before that where there was no service which led to this frustration in the first place.

Which shows a weak mentality on top of all his other flaws.

Let's sell while we can still get a price for him before we have another Özil on our hands.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

See I'm critical of Laca but I'd still start him because of his all round play. We really need to find a way to fit both Laca and Auba in but without forcing Auba to constantly track back or being involved with the buildup due to playing wide. While Laca wide also isn't an option. Diamond seems like the best way but it too has its flaws in some aspects.

You'd almost like Laca in a false 9 role with Auba and some other wide man looking to make runs in behind in a 4-3-3 maybe, tho that's completely different to what Emery is trying to do. It's kinda weird because if you took the best attributes of Laca and the best attributes of Auba and you'd basically have Aguero or a striker of that ilk. But we don't we have a limited guy in Auba who's so good with his movement that he'll rack up the goals but still misses chances and isn't the greatest linking up. While Laca has mediocre movement, is good at creating space for himself with good close control and technical attributes but just isn't a prolific goalscorer. I'm not really a fan of playing two up front just for the sake of it if it doesn't go with the game-plan either.

A lot similar to Giroud from our Lacazette. Decent hold up play. Frustrating movement, Giroud maybe edge Lacazette in movement in the box while Lacazette outside of the box. Both don't score enough goals. Both got red cards against farmers in the EL...

I might actually end up loving Lacazette! Our black Giroud! :drool:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
With all the issues with the team why on earth would you have an agenda with Lacazette...
Just because there are serious issues elsewhere it doesn't mean we can't be critical of Lacazette and Aubameyang, too.

They're both flawed, although they're obviously way down the list in terms of priorities.

BigPoppaPump

A lot similar to Giroud from our Lacazette. Decent hold up play. Frustrating movement, Giroud maybe edge Lacazette in movement in the box while Lacazette outside of the box. Both don't score enough goals. Both got red cards against farmers in the EL...

I might actually end up loving Lacazette! Our black Giroud! :drool:

At least Giroud was big and strong. Lacazette is like 5'7 and slow whats the point in that?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Giroud was not strong, he spent at least 40% of game time on the floor appealing to the ref, add another 15% of time on the floor making a gurning face after missing a chance.

Giroud was not great at hold up play. Yes once and a while he did it well but on average in his Arsenal career, hell no. The myth that Giroud was great at hold up play was the greatest lie the devil ever told. Please see any current Chelsea forum for recent confirmation.

Giroud was, however, WORLD CLASS at those little flicks on or around the edge of a box that set up great chances.....this I cannot deny. :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Giroud was not strong, he spent at least 40% of game time on the floor appealing to the ref, add another 15% of time on the floor making a gurning face after missing a chance.

Giroud was not great at hold up play. Yes once and a while he did it well but on average in his Arsenal career, hell no. The myth that Giroud was great at hold up play was the greatest lie the devil ever told. Please see any current Chelsea forum for recent confirmation.

Giroud was, however, WORLD CLASS at those little flicks on or around the edge of a box that set up great chances.....this I cannot deny. :lol:
This!
We don't need to see their forum, we've had enough time to see Giroud in action here. His hold up play was the worst I've ever seen from a guy of his size, and his flicks were misleading as we only remember the ones that worked but it was frustrating to watch him and Ramsey doing that constantly. Giroud was useful for set pieces, defending corners and in situations where we played against parked bus, but our crossing was poor at his time here so we couldn't profit from him as much as some other clubs would. He was also decent goal scorer but farm from best.
Laca is all over the pitch: defending, linking up play, pulling out wide and he has decent scoring record. The reason people are against Laca is that he is not great at any of these things, but overall he offers much more than Giroud did.
It's also worth mentioning that Giroud was surrounded by better players, Laca needs to do things on his own.

OSBK

Established Member
At least Giroud was big and strong. Lacazette is like 5'7 and slow whats the point in that?

Big and strong??? Your golden boy cannot get a game for chelsea, just remind me how many goals has he scored for chelsea.

Some of the stuff your coming out with is comedy. 5'7 and slow, weak mentality for getting sent off... you wouldve hated lou suarez then :rofl:

BigPoppaPump

Big and strong??? Your golden boy cannot get a game for chelsea, just remind me how many goals has he scored for chelsea.

Some of the stuff your coming out with is comedy. 5'7 and slow, weak mentality for getting sent off... you wouldve hated lou suarez then :rofl:

Oh god no don't call Giroud my golden boy I was never a fan and I always thought we should have a better striker than that donkey.

It's weird how when Auba has a bad game everyone comes out the woodwork to trash him, people even saying Lacazette is better. But Laca has endless bad games where he does nothing and no one ever says anything and you lot just praise him.

Favoritism is funny to me, I wonder why people like certain players more than others. I generally believe you all love Lacazette because he always has a fresh hair cut and you like the way he moves his hips when he celebrates. Nothing to do with football, it's just fruity and homoerotic.

BigPoppaPump

Giroud was definitely strong let's not deny that now, I agree that his hold up play was overrated but hold up play isn't all in his strength.

progman07

Established Member

Haha, 1 from every 10 flick would come off and look amazing, that's for sure.

I loved Giroud's personality, his occassional great moments and his song, but Lacazette is way ahead in mobility, and confidence in front of goal.

Our future )based on the best performances this season so far) is a 4-3-1-2 with two strikers who put pressure on the opposition. I think Laca could very well participate in this, e.g. I loved his performance Fulham away (I think) with Welbeck.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Giroud was definitely strong let's not deny that now, I agree that his hold up play was overrated but hold up play isn't all in his strength.

Pump the ball in the air into a decent target man. The defenders in tight & aggressive behind him. He holds off the defender with strength, while waiting for fellow attackers to join him and brings them into play.

Pump the ball in the air to Giroud. The defenders in tight and aggressive behind him. He falls over and appeals to the referee.

Not strong, only my opinion mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom