Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by THunter, Aug 28, 2016.

1. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Im super excited for next season. This partnership will only get better and better and with improvemnts around the team the support should be much better.

Been a long time since we had 2 top strikers

2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It was easier to rate him highly than to not. As usual, people were just trying too hard.

Beksl and say yes like this.
  3. VancouverCanuck

VancouverCanuck Well-Known Member

Time for a contract extension in the summer.

say yes likes this.
  4. ksarp

ksarp Well-Known Member

He is the best striker at the club, period. He can function alone up top. PEA can’t function without Laca. We have the best striking duo.

Wrighty4eva and OSBK like this.
  5. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

He should be scoring more.

6. Hope

Hope Less

Biggest reason we were so bad attacking wise. Made all the wrong decisions and dreadful passes.

Tourbillion and BigPoppaPump like this.
  7. BigPoppaPump

He's like Özil, they can only perform at home. Practically useless in away games.

LG10 and Tourbillion like this.
  8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Isolated and no service. Özil and Mkhi need to shoulder the blame.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  9. BigPoppaPump

Let us down again, he lacks physicality; small, weak and slow. He won't make it in the Premier League, I can see why he doesn't make the French team and Giroud does.

10. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Sure. Except for the big goals he scored against top six teams.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  11. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

It's a weekly ritual for him to come in here and talk garbage. It happens within minutes of him wanking himself to death in the PEA thread (Who has been equally if not more useless recently)

12. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

I encountered him in the Mustafi thread.

Mudafucka be trollin' 24/7

Mark Tobias likes this.
  13. Mark Tobias

Careful he may just call you a racist.

DasBootist likes this.
  14. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Just out of interest if anyone knows, did Lacazette have the work rate and determination he shows for us at Lyon? I.e hounding the defenders etc

Its great to see just never noticed it from what I saw of him at Lyon, wonder if he has adopted this style since injury and a somewhat reduction in his pace.

15. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I don't think there's a lot to choose between him and PEA but the latter has done it on the bigger stage long before playing with Laca, which more or less completely invalidates your point in bold.

Artisan and BigPoppaPump like this.
  16. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

The partnership thing is a bit of a myth overblown with how tight the duo seem.

If Emery saw this partnership as a big positive or key to the team sure they would have started together more than just 50% of league games this season (16/32).

17. Mark Tobias

I think what he means is that PEA can't function without Laca in our system. To a degree he is right.
    No, that isn't true. Emery values the partnership but not for away games as much as for home games.

18. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Of games both are available 58% home vs 46% away.

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid StatDNA Expert

We needed all our attackers to step up yesterday, but honestly I will blame the midfield partnership before I blame any of our attackers.

We have 4 difficult away games left to see improvements and hopefully we manage to see some positive signs going into the summer because we need better away form next season!

20. Mark Tobias

Which basically proves my point. He favours it for home games against certain opposition...
    Emery has always been a manager who plays with various formations depending on the opposition.