• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Atletico can only spend 25 percent of what they make in sales. So its a no brainer for them to swap Lacazette and say 15M for Partey.

Can someone please explain how this 25% of sales makes sense? It just seems such a random and pointless criteria to stick to. It literally can be 25% of £0 to £100m+, how can you plan around that?

I do understand if a club needs to make sales to balance the books or needs to recoup a certain amount of money but in that case they will have an amount of money in a certain range in mind. Maybe I'm missing something obvious but to me implementing a rule where you keep 75% of all player sales doesn't serve any purpose. The income from that varies so hugely that it renders it meaningless.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We were linked with Patson Daka a few weeks back, right?

#SellLacaSignDaka

He scored 24 goals in 31 games last season too which is the sort of numbers Haaland was getting there.

We were linked with Patson Daka a few weeks back, right?

#SellLacaSignDaka

He scored 24 goals in 31 games last season too which is the sort of numbers Haaland was getting there.

That technique in the first goal! :drool:

Laca could never, he is never in shape or have the quickness to do it.

He would try to take it with the first touch and then chase it out of the field.

#SellLacaSignDaka

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can someone please explain how this 25% of sales makes sense? It just seems such a random and pointless criteria to stick to. It literally can be 25% of £0 to £100m+, how can you plan around that?

I do understand if a club needs to make sales to balance the books or needs to recoup a certain amount of money but in that case they will have an amount of money in a certain range in mind. Maybe I'm missing something obvious but to me implementing a rule where you keep 75% of all player sales doesn't serve any purpose. The income from that varies so hugely that it renders it meaningless.

There are other expenses at a football beyond buying players.

New stadium they can’t fill and they’ve been big spenders in the transfer market in recent years with high earners on the books.

There’s other areas the money needs to go to, just because you receive 100M doesn’t mean there are no other bills that need to be covered.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I read in AS article that Laca could help the deal to A.Madrid to make it happen so i guess they meant by that he either taking paycut or pay part of fee. Orny said today we are open to sell him so hopefully we'll be able to because we struggling to get anybody out of the club.

say yes

forum master baiter
Would people really swap Laca and cash for Partey now we’ve got Ceballos back?

Doesn’t look like a good deal to me.

Partey over Ceballos is an improvement at CM, but the price is extravagant and (a) we’d still be lacking creativity in midfield, while (b) we would then be short up front too.

Would much rather we use our funds on a creative midfielder if that’s the cost of acquiring Partey.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then why can't they take Douzy?
Because he’s very raw. I’ll say he needs 2-4 years of development to become a top player, some managers need immediate performances. Or he’s the wrong profile and Diego wants a different type.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Partey over Ceballos is an improvement at CM, but the price is extravagant and (a) we’d still be lacking creativity in midfield, while (b) we would then be short up front too.

Would much rather we use our funds on a creative midfielder if that’s the cost of acquiring Partey.
Yeah on paper, looks a terrible deal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would've maybe value Laca a bit less, if Martinelli was also up and running, but he's going to need probably a year to get back to full form.

Won't be a factor this season, sadly

say yes

forum master baiter
Atletico can only spend 25 percent of what they make in sales. So its a no brainer for them to swap Lacazette and say 15M for Partey.

Even a Lacazette and Guendouzi swap for Partey would be elite business for both clubs.

How the **** is that elite business for us?

Laca and Guendouzi together are worth £60m minimum, and that deal leaves us short up front.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Would still get both Partey and Aouar as quick as we can if Arteta want to play 4-3-3 long term you need Partey because ceballos xhaka will get bypassed we saw that against Watford was too easy for them.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Contrary to popular opinion on here I'm not that bullish on Partey tbh. The lack of flexibilty in negotiatons from A. Madrid means we'll have to overpay for a position that is not absolutely vital considering we got Ceba back.

Arteta managed to solidify the defensive part of the gameplay and what we sorely lack now is creative output from the middle. Willian will surely add something but I believe it would be smarter to invest in an Aouar type of player than go all in on Partey. I don't believe we'll get both because I'm sure Ceba was promised a lot of playing time and Xhaka is irreplacable as a starter (like it or not).

GDeep™

League is very weak
Atletico apparently turned down a 40M bid from
Juventus from Morata. So they have money, yet no bid for Laca.

Latest posts

Top Bottom