• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Iceman10

Established Member
Wouldn’t mind him leaving and doing good elsewhere, our fan base needs to wake up.

This summer we should sell one of Auba and Laca as long as Martinelli is fit and continuing to progress well. Not now, because Laca is the one in goal scoring form, but at the end of the season I still feel we should assess and decide which of the two to sell, for funds, and space to grow for younger talent.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd take 25m plus for him to be honest.

We need to get used to life without him. If that means Auba, Martinelli and Nketiah/Balogun - cool.

I doubt Atletico will be in for him though as Suarez is on fire.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

more game time for nketiah....yeeaaaah. hinestly if we sell him we would be mad. He is a ready made striker who we know what we will get from him and he has been our best striker this season easily. Specially as his general play has been much better than the other two

Gunner-Union

If we want to play laca as a 9 holding up play etc then we would be better off replacing him with a targetman who can hold up play but also head the ball.
A good targetman would really help us out IMO and I don’t mean just hoof it up there but a good number 9 can come deep hold defenders off and find players making forward runs and obviously head in crosses.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we want to play laca as a 9 holding up play etc then we would be better off replacing him with a targetman who can hold up play but also head the ball.
A good targetman would really help us out IMO and I don’t mean just hoof it up there but a good number 9 can come deep hold defenders off and find players making forward runs and obviously head in crosses.
someone like sebastian haller you mean? Big lump we can cross to who cant play football

Gunner-Union

someone like sebastian haller you mean? Big lump we can cross to who cant play football

Thinking more someone with qualities similar to Kane or Haaland. I said a targetman than can hold up play and bring others in with passes. Obv height would be useful at times as well. I specified not someone to lump it up to

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Edouard is the obvious replacement, or that young lad Patson Daka.

Wouldn't be overly fussed with moving Laca on in the summer, but as it stands, he's integral to our play, he holds the ball up, he's strong, does all the things auba doesn't.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I'd take 25m plus for him to be honest.

We need to get used to life without him. If that means Auba, Martinelli and Nketiah/Balogun - cool.

I doubt Atletico will be in for him though as Suarez is on fire.

Hmm...I wish supporters are realistic on transfer values. When the season ends, Laca would have turned 30 years old. In addition, he can not score more than 20 goals in PL per season. We will be fortunate if he gets to even 10.

He has always been a patchy player too. Which club besides a Chinese one would even offer 25 million for him? He certainly is also not gonna get a pay raise when he leaves either.

If He was early to mid 20s, sure...maybe. But he is at the end of his career. Lets hope he can continue his last 3 goalscoring performances....thats more valuable.

Gunner-Union

Think we should keep for the rest of the season in any case. Only players capable of playing as our 9 currently and I doubt we'd sign a striker in January. Sell him in the summer and bring in Edouard.

Think dembele might be the better option tbh more of a 9 and not having a great season in and out of the team so might not cost a bomb

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Thinking more someone with qualities similar to Kane or Haaland. I said a targetman than can hold up play and bring others in with passes. Obv height would be useful at times as well. I specified not someone to lump it up to
who are the player with similar characteristics as two of the best nr 9s in the world that is available for us in January?

Gunner-Union

who are the player with similar characteristics as two of the best nr 9s in the world that is available for us in January?
ned ab

The names mentioned above like edourd, dembele, Daka I think have some of those qualities and would serve us well as a 9 though we would have to wait till the season ends to get one . Not on the level of
Kane obviously but I think they could offer us a good younger option up front.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Hmm...I wish supporters are realistic on transfer values. When the season ends, Laca would have turned 30 years old. In addition, he can not score more than 20 goals in PL per season. We will be fortunate if he gets to even 10.

He has always been a patchy player too. Which club besides a Chinese one would even offer 25 million for him? He certainly is also not gonna get a pay raise when he leaves either.

If He was early to mid 20s, sure...maybe. But he is at the end of his career. Lets hope he can continue his last 3 goalscoring performances....thats more valuable.

Didn't we get around 20m for an older Giroud? It's a sellers market and only in England is 29 deemed to be old. 25m would be very realistic.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

ned ab

The names mentioned above like edourd, dembele, Daka I think have some of those qualities and would serve us well as a 9 though we would have to wait till the season ends to get one . Not on the level of
Kane obviously but I think they could offer us a good younger option up front.
Nothing indicates those players are better than lacazette. These are players who play in far inferior leagues against much lower quality of players

Gunner-Union

Didn't we get around 20m for an older Giroud? It's a sellers market and only in England is 29 deemed to be old. 25m would be very realistic.

Players seem to have a longer peak now. 30 is def not past it and mane still have a good 3 years at the top or even till there 35. I think better diets and training regimes have helped with longevity even with keeping pace I mean bolt was mid 30’s and still winning

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

we got 18 million for giroud from chelsea who needed solid backup of a proven striker who would be backup. It was also before covid. so I dont see a team throwing 25 million on laca, and he has to want to go there as well. Only wolves is gonna spend big on a striker and I doubt he would want to go there and they will go through jorge Mendes to get one of his strikers

Gunner-Union

we got 18 million for giroud from chelsea who needed solid backup of a proven striker who would be backup. It was also before covid. so I dont see a team throwing 25 million on laca, and he has to want to go there as well. Only wolves is gonna spend big on a striker and I doubt he would want to go there and they will go through jorge Mendes to get one of his strikers

Think wolves will end up with costa tbh

Latest posts+

Top Bottom