• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s on 180k currently. Are there even other clubs who can offer him that out there and pay a transfer fee?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
30 this year and on £180k a week. We'd genuinely be lucky to get any fee for Laca in this market. I personally think he'll see his contract out with us as we'd also have to pay for a replacement which may not be possible.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Covid has probably f*cked us worse than most in the PL.

Bloated wage bill with loads of deadwood we now can’t shift unless we start cancelling contracts and handing out loans for everyone.

Clubs like us need player sale revenue if we’re going to compete at the top.

It's almost like running a club well financially provides some resilience for unforseen hardship

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I don`t see any reason why he would want to leave unfortunately. He would have to take a significant pay cut, single guy I think that probably enjoys life in London and he seems to be very happy at the club. We may have lost some of our prestige but he knows he won`t find a bigger club, he doesn`t have to worry about the national team and I think he`ll be happy enough not being first choice but starting 15-20 games a year. Hope I wrong but doubt we`ll be able to move him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
At this stage, take £10m and move on. His numbers are little better than Giroud's and imo, this was Gazidis trying to keep his word about our ability to spend. No need for sentiment. It was clear early on that he wasn't going to take us up a level. Nice guy apparently but get rid

Token Yank

Kinda torn on this one. Has periods of the season where he looks like the worst striker in the prem. Then periods where he actually looks like a quality player. Wouldn't be against a short extension if he cuts his wages. Can focus on CM, RB and Ødegaard this summer. Then, (wishful thinking, I know) move for Haaland next summer after secure CL (hopefully) and he doesn't move this summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It would be mistake to lose him imo. This transfer window will be about keeping what you have for most clubs. There is not a lot of money out there and few will spend. Lava is a solid pl striker now. With his age and contract we will get very little money for him. The replacement will be expensive and probably zero pl experience. It will be huge risk

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

We have have have to sell this guy man. And I like him.

We need to change a lot of this squad.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We have have have to sell this guy man. And I like him.

We need to change a lot of this squad.

He's on 180k a week, which would mean he'd likely be on a lot more once he extends.

Phisically he looked well off the pace for most of the season, it would be best we either call it quits or let him run down his contract. CF market is just not it right now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's on 180k a week, which would mean he'd likely be on a lot more once he extends.

Phisically he looked well off the pace for most of the season, it would be best we either call it quits or let him run down his contract. CF market is just not it right now.
Oh we will let him run down his contract. We were unable to sell torreira and guendouzzi last summer. I can see laca asking to leave on free and the club cancel his contract the summer to go for free to France

El Duderino

Oh we will let him run down his contract. We were unable to sell torreira and guendouzzi last summer. I can see laca asking to leave on free and the club cancel his contract the summer to go for free to France

Makes zero sense to cancel his contract, he's not someone who's stinking out the place like Özil or Mustafi. He's in and around the squad and has had his up and downs.

Personally, I would much prefer we sold him and invested any kind of money we got on a player with more upside, but I can also see the club grooming Martinelli and just letting Laca leave on a free at the end of next season.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Yeah we can't make the same mistake we have with Auba with Laca because he's not as good so it's a bigger mistake.

Need to shift to a smarter squad building. We aren't in the CL and even if we get in it's been a long time since.

akhil

There's isn't a club who will offer him 180k now. He's not worth that money anywhere on the continent. If he wants a long term deal, he'll get it at half those wages most likely.He's just not good enough for clubs who can afford those kind of wages. His best option is still to see out his contract and cash in as a free agent next year. Striker market is dire enough as it is.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Makes zero sense to cancel his contract, he's not someone who's stinking out the place like Özil or Mustafi. He's in and around the squad and has had his up and downs.

Personally, I would much prefer we sold him and invested any kind of money we got on a player with more upside, but I can also see the club grooming Martinelli and just letting Laca leave on a free at the end of next season.

Cancelling contracts is terrible stuff honestly.

Clubs like us need funds coming in if we’re going to compete.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Laca is a good player but I feel now is the time to sell. Only keep if the plan is to develop Martinelli or Balogun as our no.9. If that's the case, a 2 year deal for Laca would make sense.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Got feeling laca is guy who willing take paycut if means he'll be starter striker at other clubs. Club like Roma who were linked before have no problem giving us 25m they need to replace Dzeko who is declining and he 35 years old but they'll never afford to give player more than 100k a week.

If we can't find buyer then you have to extend he'll be likely forced to stay with same salary because no other club will offer him close to what he currently earn. That's why this club should stop giving players big contact but they not learning

El Duderino

Got feeling laca is guy who willing take paycut if means he'll be starter striker at other clubs. Club like Roma who were linked before have no problem giving us 25m they need to replace Dzeko who is declining and he 35 years old but they'll never afford to give player more than 100k a week.

If we can't find buyer then you have to extend he'll be likely forced to stay with same salary because no other club will offer him close to what he currently earn. That's why this club should stop giving players big contact but they not learning

Why would we have to renew him? His value is not going up and his salary won't remain the same, there'll obviously be a bump.

Furthermore, why would Lacazette himself renew when he can get more in a year's time by being a free agent?

Latest posts

Top Bottom