<

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jun 8, 2018.

1. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

But when Lacazette has similar stats in EPL as Dembele in Ligue 1, he is not an upgrade at this point.

Also if Lacazette scores 28 goals in his last Ligue 1 season compared to Dembele's 13, he is not an upgrade. When Dembele scores similar amounts you can say he is even or maybe an upgrade. But even then he hasn't proved himself in EPL.

How do you reckon there have been Barcelona rumours about Lacazette and not Dembele? Or has there? For me it's pretty clear why. Barcelona is above those other clubs you mentioned who are interested in Dembele, so it's clear hint that Lacazette is the better player now.

2. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

If Coutinho is available, think we'd ask for a direct swap?

3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

No thanks Coutinho is absolutely not what we need.

4. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

The maximum contribution Coutinho has done in 1 season in EPL is 13 goals and 7 assists.

Red London likes this.
  5. Giroud12

Giroud12 Well-Known Member

Coutinho for Laca? People are seriously underrating Lacazette on here. If we are to go anywhere in the coming seasons we need to build the team around him. Wouldn´t swap him for anyone at Barca I think, besides the obvious one.

6. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

People are underrating coutinho.

7. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I'd like Coutinho here but not at the expense of Lacazette.

8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

9. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Spend 100+mil plus Sanchez like wages on Griezmann, or spend probably half that on an equally good if not better player like Laca. It's a no brainer tbh, shame brain is exactly what the Barca board seem to be lacking when it comes to their transfer dealings.

10. ChefMan21

Head turned then? I'd like a 'but' after that statement, namely a '...but I'm staying at Arsenal.'

American_Gooner likes this.
  11. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

100M pounds minimum. He’s probably not worth it in a vacuum but he is to us.

We can’t afford to lose him.

12. ChefMan21

I would be keen for us to see what youngsters we could get in return - perhaps the next Cesc?

13. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

1 less assist overall than Lacazette then, lol.

14. Furious

He isn't though?

We can easily afford to get rid, get to play the superior striker in Auba upfront full time and sign some wingers.

Harry Hunter likes this.
  15. Furious

You messing around?

Griezmann is levels above Laca.

krengon likes this.
  16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

F**k. I mean it's normal all players want to play at barca or Real Madrid hopefully if we are going to sell we get 70M

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

If you get massive money you obviously accept it and look to sign a better quality of wingers than we currently can.

18. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

What lol? That guy was with Liverpool for 5 years and this is the maximum he scored in one year. And it was in response to a post which said that Coutinho scored lot more than Laca. That was just a sample of a post that shows how people cook up stories to make him look bad because they had deemed him poor even before he joined Arsenal.

drippin likes this.
  19. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

With Ramsey gone he’s definitely our second best player at worst.

There’s such a gulf between him and Auba and the rest of the squad it’s unreal. If we sell him our only striking options will be PEA and Nketiah.

We’d definitely need to buy another first rate player to replace him on top of what we need. Without him next year and a PEA injury we’d be under threat from the likes of Everton and Wolves.

drippin and ItWasMeBarry like this.
  20. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

We're not selling him ffs.

Barca are not desperate enough so shell out 100m or whatever for Laca, they have more pressing needs and issues in midfield and defence.

drippin likes this.