• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
With Ramsey gone he’s definitely our second best player at worst.

There’s such a gulf between him and Auba and the rest of the squad it’s unreal. If we sell him our only striking options will be PEA and Nketiah.

We’d definitely need to buy another first rate player to replace him on top of what we need. Without him next year and a PEA injury we’d be under threat from the likes of Everton and Wolves.

Laca is of the same level as the rest of the squad. Ramsey was as well, lmao. The fact that these two are mentioned as our best players is a good indicator why we're pants.

There is no gulf, Auba maybe, but he has had his share in missing chances and wasn't deployed up front full time, which might've hindered him.

With the money we'd supposedly get then we could buy two quality wingers and we'd be set. Easily replaceable.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
What lol? That guy was with Liverpool for 5 years and this is the maximum he scored in one year. And it was in response to a post which said that Coutinho scored lot more than Laca. That was just a sample of a post that shows how people cook up stories to make him look bad because they had deemed him poor even before he joined Arsenal.
So we are ignoring Coutinho's stats from last season, are we?

Anyway I didn't say he scored a lot more, I said he was scoring at a better rate despite being in a midfield. In the season he scored 13 goals and 7 assists he did it in 2243 vs Laca's 13 goals and 10 assist(or 8 assists if you go by PL and Whoscored stats) in 2500min.

Anyway I didn't even use that stats to try and make Laca look bad, just the posts trying to make it seem he is better caliber player than Coutinho.

If I wanted to make Laca look bad I'd go to the try and tested comparison with Giroud. He is being outscored by a donkey.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Anyway I didn't say he scored a lot more, I said he was scoring at a better rate despite being in a midfield. In the season he scored 13 goals and 7 assists he did it in 2243 vs Laca's 13 goals and 10 assist(or 8 assists if you go by PL and Whoscored stats) in 2500min.

Anyway I didn't even use that stats to try and make Laca look bad, just the posts trying to make it seem he is better caliber player than Coutinho.

If I wanted to make Laca look bad I'd go to the try and tested comparison with Giroud. He is being outscored by a donkey.
No. He is not outscored by a donkey. In first two seasons, Giroud scored same number of goals and one less assist playing 700 minutes more than Laca.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

And which last season of Coutinho did I ignore? The numbers which I posted were from his best season in Liverpool. He was a flop in Barcelona. He is not the kind of player we need.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
No. He is not outscored by a donkey. In first two seasons, Giroud scored same number of goals and one less assist playing 700 minutes more than Laca.
In terms of goal per min you are right, in terms of overall goals per season in their respective first two seasons then they are almost level. Considering Giroud was an absolute donkey, specially in his first couple of years, that's still a pretty embarrassing stat.
And which last season of Coutinho did I ignore? The numbers which I posted were from his best season in Liverpool. He was a flop in Barcelona. He is not the kind of player we need.
You've ignored his ridiculous stats from last season when he scored 7 goals in 14 gamess in the PL. Then he also carried on that form at Barca.

I don't necessarily disagree about him being a flop at Barca and not being the kind of player we need. What I disagreed about is people making it sound like Laca is as good a player. Not even a close contest imo.

Zaza

Again - if we get an offer in the range of 75-80 million - sell.
We can start a proper rebuild. You could argue that it's foolish to trust Raul/Emery to adequately replace him.
Laca is not irreplaceable. We should be building a team around our younger players. Ramsey would've been perfect to be long term captain but the club somehow let Raiola shaft us over with a finished Mkhitaryan.
Let's take cue from Liverpool. They sold Suarez and Coutinho and look how they've gone about it.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
In terms of goal per min you are right, in terms of overall goals per season in their respective first two seasons then they are almost level. Considering Giroud was an absolute donkey, specially in his first couple of years, that's still a pretty embarrassing stat.

You've ignored his ridiculous stats from last season when he scored 7 goals in 14 gamess in the PL. Then he also carried on that form at Barca.

I don't necessarily disagree about him being a flop at Barca and not being the kind of player we need. What I disagreed about is people making it sound like Laca is as good a player. Not even a close contest imo.
Giroud was a lone striker while Laca was sharing space with Auba. Coutinho was already here for 5 years before he scored those 7 goals in 14 matches. Liverpool did just fine without him. They didn't miss him at all. On the other hand, Laca scored many important equilizers, fighting hard when we were goal down/working hard for a winner. Laca's contributions are all over the pitch. If you want to take into account Coutinho's goals in his first season at Barcelona, you might have to consider Laca's goal stats from his period in Lyon.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Again - if we get an offer in the range of 75-80 million - sell.
We can start a proper rebuild. You could argue that it's foolish to trust Raul/Emery to adequately replace him.
Laca is not irreplaceable. We should be building a team around our younger players. Ramsey would've been perfect to be long term captain but the club somehow let Raiola shaft us over with a finished Mkhitaryan.
Let's take cue from Liverpool. They sold Suarez and Coutinho and look how they've gone about it.

Sorry but would you rather sell Lacazette for 80m and start a rebuild. Or sell Mustafi, xhaka, Mikky, Chambers and Kolasinac got 80m and start a rebuild.

It’s so dumb to sell Lacazette, like I said, 4 steps forward and 10 steps back.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You're saying you're not trying to make Lacazette look bad? But you say he is "outscored by a donkey".

Okay, well I'm not native English speaker, and Giroud's best season in Arsenal was 16 goals. Yes, best season out of all.

This season Lacazette has 13+10=23 in EPL in 2502 minutes. Girouds best season was 16+6=22 in 2425 minutes.

You're hinting he was "outscored", and factually 13 is more than 16. But in points Giroud's best season is similar to Lacazette's 2nd season here.

Saying he outscored him really seems like you want to make Lacazette look bad.

Personally I think Coutinho is similar quality player to Lacazette, maybe better. But definitely not what we need and mentally worse in my view.

Last edited:

drippin

Why are we still talking about this? Lacazette isn't going anywhere.

This. People seem to fear we sell him cheap, or they just don't like him. Or have some kind of weird logic that selling him is best option now.

We won't because he has 3 years contract left. Rumours seem to get to fans heads easily, especially when Barcelona is mentioned.

ChefMan21

Perhaps he can play hardball with Kroenke. Say to him that unless you invest in the club, I'm going to hang around, wind down my contract, and then leave for free.

drippin

Perhaps he can play hardball with Kroenke. Say to him that unless you invest in the club, I'm going to hang around, wind down my contract, and then leave for free.

Arsenal won't make those mistakes again. People have seen it happen and we have new people handling affairs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The discussion isn’t really about him leaving or wanting to go, but wether we would consider selling to raise further funds

Some would sell to raise money, others won’t. I’m not sure I believe the Barcelona interest anyway.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
instead we'll bring his best bud Umtiti here and give him no 23. Have Laca become our legend, Auba included

drippin

The discussion isn’t really about him leaving or wanting to go, but wether we would consider selling to raise further funds

Some would sell to raise money, others won’t. I’m not sure I believe the Barcelona interest anyway.

Yeah but the 70 millions is absolute joke with a EPL proven all-round striker with 3 years contract.

Not many would be against if they pay Coutinho-type money which will be required at this point. Or at least 100 million.

This is a nothing rumour in my view at this point. With 2 years and less in contract people can start to stress. And Arsenal not in UCL also.

ChefMan21

This. People seem to fear we sell him cheap. We won't because he has 3 years contract left. Rumours seem to get to fans heads easily, especially when Barcelona is mentioned.
I fear we've probably said the same thing about Ramsey, RVP etc in the past, and look where that got us. They did not leave for a fee that was befitting their stature as a player. We even said it about Özil, and look where that has gotten us, with a crazy contract that makes him near impossible to sell (if we're going down that path).

We need to tread carefully with this one in my view, because it's big dollars involved with possibly our best player going to a much bigger club than ours.
I think there's three things we need to establish:
  1. We need to be very clear with what we want as an outcome from this;
  2. we need to have a very good idea of how much growth we think is left in him as a player; and
  3. Laca needs to be very clear with what he wants to the club.
If we think this is the best offer we'll ever get for him, and he's given some indication of interest in leaving, sell him and move on. Don't take the club through the wringer just because some player has decided there's greener pastures elsewhere and they're just going to run down their contract to get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom