• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I always say the same thing when these sell Lacazette posts crop up but what happens if Aubameyang gets injured or needs a rest? Are we stronger with Oblak in goal and Welbeck up front or are we stronger with a cheaper upgrade on Cech and Lacazette up front?
Could you direct me to where anyone has said if Lacazette is sold he shouldn't be replaced?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I don't particularly want him to go but I wouldn't be averse to swapping him for a more natural wide player who can also fill in upfront for PEA, like a Zaha.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
let's see what difference the reinforcements at the back make before spending all our money on a GK, and leave the front line alone - that isn't where our problems lie - it's the feed to the front line that needs sorting most, IMO

neimad

Snap. But worth pointing out everyone's favourite Itk said we have a budget of 50m before sales and Madrid allegedly are looking 70m give or take. Without selling we can't buy. Selling them Lacazette who they did want previously for 40m gives us the cash to buy Oblak.

Of course this is all fantasy talk. We could sell others. If there are buyers. Allegedly according to the rumour I've posted our coach doesn't rate Lacazette that highly. There is a rumour someone is interested in him and the hypothetical maths give us cash to buy a rumoured target with money spare to replace the departing Lacazette (with a player I'd imagine the coach will be more content with).

Of course it is only a transfer rumour like every other thread here.

You do know transfers don't be paid all at once right? We could buy Oblak and pay it off over several years. Having said that we will more than likely see a few first teamers shown the door and peripheral players to add to the coffers.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/latest-arsenal-transfers-rumours-today-14752703

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...Alexandre-Lacazette-Fenerbahce-Unai-Emery-AFC

Given the rumours of a 50m budget and the need to sell to spend more I'm surprised this hasn't cropped up already. If we can recoup most of what we paid I'd be happy for him to go as Aubameyang is rightly first choice after his impact since signing.

As the very link you posted concluded:

Charles Watts says: “I’m not having this at all.

“Lacazette had a good first season and finished it very strongly. I can’t see him moving anywhere, let alone to Fenerbahce.

“It seems like an easy link given the Turkish claim have just brought in Damien Comolli as sporting director.”

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Amortisation amortisation amortisation. We honestly need to sticky the post where it explains how a ‘50M transfer budget’ actually works.

Then below that we should sticky that no club out there openly admits how much money that have available. I don’t know why we’re the only club to release such information but even then it’s misdirection.

We dropped a club record amount on a striker in Jan, I think that shows we have an average budget that can be flexed when necessary. Nobody knows the value of that average budget except the people who need to know.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Palace asking for £70 million for Zaha.

If he really wants to move (he's an Arsenal fan) you may be able to get it down a little, even Lacazette plus say £10m for Zaha (not directly) I would probably do.
But then it isn't up to me :)

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Funny enough Gala can spend 50m and we are so poor to sign freebies and sell Laca to buy again.

After seeing what's been going on this window, I'm at a point where I believe the 50 or even 70m limited transfer budget is completely made up by the media or perhaps even fed to them via club sources as sort of a diversion strategy.

VfB Stuttgart, a Bundesliga midtable club in its first season back in the top flight, no international cup next season, is about to spend 30 to 40m on the basis of sponsoring, merch, matchday revenue and demerging the football department from club into a stock company and selling shares - without having to sell.

Going by what I read, Werder Bremen, a club battling relegation for stretches this season, sold Delaney for 20m €m, vowed to reinvest that sum, and if you assume they could already spend 10 to 15m that means they have a transfer kit of 35m or something.

AS Roma will probably sell some players, but they just went out without prior selling and spent about 40m on Cristante and Kluivert as well as having to pay up for Patrik Schick. Bayer Leverkusen signed "the next Neymar" Paulinho from Vasco for 10 rising to 25m. Leicester got Pereira for 25m €. Leipzig went out and signed basically unkown 20-year old Montpellier rightback Nordi Mukiele for 16m!

If you look at these numbers, and there's surely more to compare out there, not for one second do I believe Arsenal, who have been under the top financial clubs in some lists and articles that made the forum in the last weeks and months, are only able to spend 70 or laughable 50m. A Premier League powerhouse in the EL is only able to spend 10m or 15m more than Bundesliga midtable clubs? That's impossible. Even with Kroenke trying to keep the club a healthy asset with sufficient cash reserve and generating revenue, to do that or stay in that position, the club has to invest, players are also financial assetsof value. As a business man Kroenke should understand that if Arsenal shall remain a healthy asset it has to be run like a good business and not like a private savings bank or whatever. And I do actually think he knows that, having spent 100m on Auba and Lacazette in just two windows indicates the club are willing and able to spend.

Either Kroenke is the worst business man ever, or he's amassing value and cash reserves to sell in the near future, or the transfer budget numbers in the media are all made up. While I'm certainly not a fan of the Americans, I actually believe in the latter. I believe the club can spend a good amount of money and the media is spouting the usual speculation and unfounded facts, just by looking at what other, much smaller and financially weaker clubs in financially weaker leagues can do.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Zaha for Lacazette? Holy mother of God.

Don't see why, we have limited budget and a squad with two £50m strikers and no wingers.
Plus Zaha is alot better than people think, my Palace supporting friends often have a spare ticket between them so I have watched him play a fair bit.
People have written him off on the back of his spell at United as a 19 year old playing under a defensive, not to mention terrible, manager.
He barely had a chance.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Arsenal isn't selling Lacazette. This is the most silly rumor of the transfer season so far and even the link that began this thread said it isn't going to happen.

Also, Arsenal doesn't need to swap Lacazette if they want Zaha. They can buy Zaha if they want him and he wants Arsenal. And why would Lacazette go to frickin' Crystal Palace?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom