• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Lukaku went to United for £75m plus £15m of add ons. Morata went to Chelsea for £60m. Neither of these players are fit to lace Laca's boots. You have Barcelona paying rediculous fees like 146m for Coutinho. To the right team he is worth much more than 80m (including us).

He is one of the few players in our team who plays like he actually cares and gives 100% every time he puts the shirt on. We won't get any better than Laca for less than 100m.

We need to be concentrating on sorting our absolute sh*tshow of a defence out rather than cashing in on one of the few good things about our team. Seems to me you just don't like him and want him sold.
You think they are worth that much? Imagine paying 80m for laca, i'd be ****ing furious

Jae

You think they are worth that much? Imagine paying 80m for laca, i'd be ****ing furious

Well clearly they are worth that much because that's how much someone paid for them :lol: if you are asking if they are value for money then that's another story. Very few players are these days.

Mohamed7

Lukaku went to United for £75m plus £15m of add ons. Morata went to Chelsea for £60m. Neither of these players are fit to lace Laca's boots. You have Barcelona paying rediculous fees like 146m for Coutinho. To the right team he is worth much more than 80m (including us).

He is one of the few players in our team who plays like he actually cares and gives 100% every time he puts the shirt on. We won't get any better than Laca for less than 100m.

We need to be concentrating on sorting our absolute sh*tshow of a defence out rather than cashing in on one of the few good things about our team. Seems to me you just don't like him and want him sold.

Well said.

To be honest, I don't understand the thinking of some our fans.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Well clearly they are worth that much because that's how much someone paid for them :lol: if you are asking if they are value for money then that's another story. Very few players are these days.
Value for money is how i measure worth. You think united think he was worth the money? Just because someone pays an amount doesn't mean thats what it's worth. You can overpay for something. 80 mil for lacazette is overpaying IMO

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get the thinking behind selling him to fund improvements elsewhere, but it really needs to be a gradual process that’s going to take multiple summers.

Our strikers are currently the best thing about this team, and we can’t give that up. Can you imagine the state of this club should we let him go and Auba gets injured or goes off the boil.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I get the thinking behind selling him to fund improvements elsewhere, but it really needs to be a gradual process that’s going to take multiple summers.

Our strikers are currently the best thing about this team, and we can’t give that up. Can you imagine the state of this club should we let him go and Auba gets injured or goes off the boil.

I don’t get it.

we’ll be able to spend 200-250m over the next two summers, we do not need to sell Lacazette we just need our board and manager to buy the right players.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

The club cannot take another hit in the handsome department. We’re starting to really struggle in an area we’ve always done well in...Have to keep him

avalonhse

Value for money is how i measure worth. You think united think he was worth the money? Just because someone pays an amount doesn't mean thats what it's worth. You can overpay for something. 80 mil for lacazette is overpaying IMO

That's what Wenger did for years, ending up with buying Santos, Perez, Mustafi instead of overpriced Suarez, Higuaín. Worse than that, we sold Fabregas, RvP, Walcott for the right price, and can not find any replacement with that right price.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Development

Doesn't matter how you value it. It's about what the market is paying. Agreed with the other poster, would cost £100m to replace someone like Laca. Therefore we should be asking for £100m for Laca.

ArsenalFever

I would say, we could work our way around rejecting a £70 million offer, but it is definitely enticing considering what we could do with the extra money. I believe we could easily be better off accepting such an offer and becoming a better team, but whether we have the personnel to construct a better force, that's another story.

Pretty sure Lacazette will only improve while he stays too, but I'm of the opinion he could be influential in a philosophical/style of play sense, something Arsenal will have to adapt to if he stays.

We have two great strikers, star strikers, but I think they will need to hold their breath.

I'm for the idea of Cavani.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would say, we could work our way around rejecting a £70 million offer, but it is definitely enticing considering what we could do with the extra money. I believe we could easily be better off accepting such an offer and becoming a better team
Who would you buy with the money? We bought the guy for £50m which wasnt cheap and he has imroved as well as the market for good strikers becoming extremely barren.

If we sell him we need a second striker like any respectable team... for a decent one e.g. Mousaa Dembele of Lyon thats 30-35m already... leaving 35m extra to actually spend on a player to improve the side.

If we had another decent striker then I'd get it.. but we don't so it will add even more issues to worry about

ArsenalFever

Who would you buy with the money? We bought the guy for £50m which wasnt cheap and he has imroved as well as the market for good strikers becoming extremely barren.

If we sell him we need a second striker like any respectable team... for a decent one e.g. Mousaa Dembele of Lyon thats 30-35m already... leaving 35m extra to actually spend on a player to improve the side.

If we had another decent striker then I'd get it.. but we don't so it will add even more issues to worry about
Cavani and Belotti combined, I think would compliment Aubamayang better, plus give our youngsters a much more stable platform to integrate.

But yes, this is thinking well outside the box, and probably unlikely he would be sold, but I wouldn't be surprised if offers of high value came in.

ArsenalFever

Considering he's age, I think he will want to win some metal, I sense that, yes maybe there's limited clubs who would be willing to fork out, but asides from that, theirs Chinese and other Asian clubs on the radar nowadays, forgive the trust, but I see your angle.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
This is definitely concerning, if there was a time for him to leave it would definitely be now, hitting his prime, as usual lack of ambition and direction from our club per usual, I'm kind of resigned to it to be honest, would be disappointed but not upset if he leaves.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

That's what Wenger did for years, ending up with buying Santos, Perez, Mustafi instead of overpriced Suarez, Higuaín. Worse than that, we sold Fabregas, RvP, Walcott for the right price, and can not find any replacement with that right price.
First of all Fabregas and rvp was much much better players than laca most likely will ever be. They were sold far below the price they were worth. But ofcourse, by your logic rvp, best striker in the world was worth 20 mil. Since that what he was bought for. Suarez was not overpriced. Not sure about higuain. Buying **** players is never good, cant argue with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom