• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Was wondering how I came around my Laca agenda if we sign Zaha without selling Laca and then this link happens.

giphy.gif

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
These must be the same people who voted him player of the year for his 11 goals and 3 away goals against relegation teams.

As supposed to fans who want us to spend over £40m on a player who went 14 games without with getting a goal or an assist last season. That the only teams in the top half that he scored against last season was us and the foxes.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Probably makes sense to sell to finance a rebuild in other areas. Would need to buy another striker however. Think it would mean us signing that lad from Hull and Zaha. Talk of Zaha and Ziyech a bit far fetched.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We don't need to sell Laca to buy Zaha because we have other players to sell ie Chambers, Mustafi, Iwobi, Mhki, Monreal or Kola if Tierney joins. I would however sell Laca to improve the squad elsewhere eg top CB and Saliba can go back on loan.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We don't need to sell Laca to buy Zaha because we have other players to sell ie Chambers, Mustafi, Iwobi, Mhki, Monreal or Kola if Tierney joins. I would however sell Laca to improve the squad elsewhere eg top CB and Saliba can go back on loan.

Yes but those players are a struggle to sell and you have to sell a lot of them to achieve the funds needed. Laca is easy to sell and a potential 70m deal.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yes but those players are a struggle to sell and you have to sell a lot of them to achieve the funds needed. Laca is easy to sell and a potential 70m deal.

Did you read all of my post? eg I would however sell Laca to improve the squad elsewhere eg top CB and Saliba can go back on loan.

Mustafi may be hard, Mhki also but Chambers, Iwobi, Kola or Monreal not so hard.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The Spanish club interested has to be Atletico. Depends on whether or not they want to buy Morata, with Chelski going to recall him if they don't buy him right now.

Spend 50M on Morata or Laca? Think Laca would edge it.

say yes

forum master baiter
These must be the same people who voted him player of the year for his 11 goals and 3 away goals against relegation teams.

To put Lacazette’s numbers this year into perspective / kill off this idiocy about his numbers being poor: since we moved to the Emirates 13 seasons ago, only 8 players have put up a season with over 30 goals + assists.

Here’s how they rank:

RVP - 51 g+a in 11/12 - 80.3 mins / g+a
Sanchez - 48 g+a in 16/17 - 88.1 mins / g+a
Fabregas - 39 g+a in 09/10 - 78.7 mins / g+a
Aubameyang - 39 g+a in 18/19 - 99 mins / g+a
Walcott - 37 g+a in 12/13 - 80.8 mins / g+a
Fabregas - 37 g+a in 07/08 - 108.2 mins / g+a
Sanchez - 37 g+a in 14/15 - 116.9 mins / g+a
Adebayor - 35 g+a in 07/08 - 105.7 mins / g+a
RVP - 34 g+a in 08/09 - 101.4 mins / g+a
Giroud - 34 g+a in 13/14 - 120.4 mins / g+a
Lacazette - 32 g+a in 18/19 - 104 mins / g+a

He hasn’t had an elite season ala Van Persie in 11/12, Sanchez in 16/17 or Fabregas in 09/10 but when you move past those stand-outs his numbers are comparable to any other ‘great season’ at the club over the past 13 years.

More productive (considering minutes played) than Adebayor or Fabregas in 07/08 and Sanchez in 14/15. And that’s despite our most effective creative weapon being a ****ing LB all season.

Put some respeck on his name.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The fact of the matter is his numbers are easily replaceable by a proper winger which would also balance the team better.

Replacing Auba's numbers is a lot harder.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
His reps meeting with the club to see if we're open to a sale suggests he'd be up for moving on.

A positive if he does move is that it kills two birds with one stone
- stops us forcing a two striker formation or having one of auba/laca out of position
- gives us the money to finance one or two more deals than what we would have done

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His reps meeting with the club to see if we're open to a sale suggests he'd be up for moving on.

A positive if he does move is that it kills two birds with one stone
- stops us forcing a two striker formation or having one of auba/laca out of position
- gives us the money to finance one or two more deals than what we would have done

Think he’d get big numbers on the market as well, well above 60M.

Token Yank

I wouldn't want to sell Laca, but if him going means Zaha+Ziyech i'm all in. Our attack looks much more balanced and his goals/assists are essentially covered.

As for the price, didn't Atletico sign a 29yr old Costa for just under £60m? They're loaded this summer so getting £70-90m should be more than feasible.
Agree with this. Love Laca but if we can get a big fee and reinvest it’s a better use of our resources in the long run.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, especially if the Spanish team in question is Atletico who will be loaded if the griezzman sale goes through.

Well there’s still talk he’s not cut and dry to Barca, who might be in the market for him as well if that deal falls through.

But aren't Atletico using that money to sign Felix?

Lucas sale brought in a lot of money as might the Rodri and Gelson sale. Only major purchase so far has been Llorente.

Latest posts

Top Bottom