• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ll give Lacazette his due, he was unreal in France.

Ben Yedder’s never got over 20 in a season although he probably would have done this year if Ligue 1 had finished.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you’re looking at this season’s form there’s no debate.

If we were having this chat last season it would have been a different story.
Of course, but I’m not talking about last season or 5 years ago, I’m talking about today.

There are people here who think Lukaku isn’t better than Laca. Lukaku has scored 1 in 2 no matter the competition or level - Belgian league, PL league, Serie A, CL. 50 goals in 80 games at international level. Laca can’t compete with that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
45M Euros for Laca? Is any club that rich with money right now they'll spend that on such an average striker? Can't see us getting that for him.
He’s 29 too. I could understand if he was younger, then he’d be an investment with a potential future sell on.

Malky

Established Member
He’s 29 too. I could understand if he was younger, then he’d be an investment with a potential future sell on.
Auba is guaranteed to get goals, despite being in his 30's, technically limited but he's an excellent finisher. Not sure what the upside of Lacazette is? Because he offers more defensively? **** knows.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Of course, but I’m not talking about last season or 5 years ago, I’m talking about today.

There are people here who think Lukaku isn’t better than Laca. Lukaku has scored 1 in 2 no matter the competition or level - Belgian league, PL league, Serie A, CL. 50 goals in 80 games at international level. Laca can’t compete with that.
Lukaku has been more consistent over his career yes. He’s done it in multiple different countries + on the international stage, but he definitely has his drawbacks for me.

If I was offered Lukaku or Mousa Dembele for example I would choose Dembele. Lukaku has proven to be a bit of a donkey at times, there’s no doubt about that. You need a direct team built around him for him to thrive.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lacazette has a much superior scoring record than Dembele for Lyon, looks like he was scoring for fun in Ligue 1.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think we replace Auba, sign a young guy and keep Laca as a back up/rotation type. Keeps the pressure of whoever that young striker is.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think we replace Auba, sign a young guy and keep Laca as a back up/rotation type. Keeps the pressure of whoever that young striker is.
What do we do about the Laca contract situation, let another player leave for free again ? He’s a free agent in 2 years. I guess it’s our only choice in this situation.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Lacazette has a much superior scoring record than Dembele for Lyon, looks like he was scoring for fun in Ligue 1.
Almost half his goals the season we signed him up were from penalties though. But I'm with you too, I don't really see it with Dembele.

At this point I'd rather just sign another Giroud tier striker on the cheap and risk it with one of the young players already at the club. No point blowing up 50-60mil on an averagish player just because he can score 10 goals in the league.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom