• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Goonger

article-2321658-19af7901000005dc-427_634x434.jpg

Did we ever get to see a fully fit Ramsey / Wilshere midfield with someone like a peak Song complimenting them?

We just always seemed like we were 1 or 2 pieces of the jigsaw missing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did we ever get to see a fully fit Ramsey / Wilshere midfield with someone like a peak Song complimenting them?

We just always seemed like we were 1 or 2 pieces of the jigsaw missing.

I remember one game in 2011 when Cesc was injured, so we played Ramsey and Wilshere in midfield with Song just in behind them against United...we played pretty well and won, I imagine Arsène had a formation like this in mind for when Fab left us...but unfortunately we juts never saw it consistently for one reason or another...

First Wilshere was injured for the whole of the next season...then in 12/13 when he Santi/Rosicky in form at the number 10 role...13/14 we bought Özil...14/15 we did try those two with Arteta initially, but we didn't have a fit team really to make it work, then when we did, Jack picked up two injuries in a row that ruled him out for 18 months...then Jack was loaned to Bourmeouth for a year.

We did get a brief renaissance with it in 2017/2018, especially in our Europa League run, we played Aaron and Jack either side of Xhaka...though at this point both Jack and Aaron had lost something...Ramsey wasn't disciplined enough in midfield anymore and Wilshere had declined to injuries and his legs were almost completely gone, yet somehow Xhaka was still slower than him :lol:

Sometimes it's just not meant to be...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette probably holds more value at this point. Two years younger and longer on his contract. Most clubs will only pay a small feel for Aubameyang.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'd much rather sell Nketiah, English premium, young and with deceiving stats that imply he's better than he actually is.

15m and I'll drive him to wherever myself.
I actually rate Nketiah, but I feel like Tyreece and Balogun are better than him and I'd take advantage of exactly that in your post.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'd much rather sell Nketiah, English premium, young and with deceiving stats that imply he's better than he actually is.

15m and I'll drive him to wherever myself.
This but we should sell Lacazette as well & try to get an actually talented young striker

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully this is true, I would love to see us move Laca on, keep Auba and sign someone that can play on the left wing.
Auba is lethal on the left but I would like someone on the left who is a bit more involved in the build up and move Auba upfront.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Hopefully this is true, I would love to see us move Laca on, keep Auba and sign someone that can play on the left wing.
Auba is lethal on the left but I would like someone on the left who is a bit more involved in the build up and move Auba upfront.
Great news the sooner the better, i wanted a lw but i think Auba should stay where he is.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think its inevitable we will lose a forward this summer. Possibly more than 1. Lacazette being the most likely to go following that Aubameyang and as other posters mentioned possibly Nkeitah. He still looks far to raw. But if we keep Aubameyang then it makes sense to retain Nketiah as back up. I'd be worried if we went into the season with Eddie as the number one striker.

Aubameyang, Pepe, Martinelli, Saka and Nkeitah is a fairly strong forward line.

We shall see what happens.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom